*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1824373-Rumpelstiltskin
by Raven
Rated: E · Fiction · Fantasy · #1824373
The true story of Rumpelstiltskin. Enjoy!
Old Rumple as I like to call him is a good friend of mine and I would like to clear his name once and for all. His is a jack of all trades king of none kind of guy. Now if you're not sure what that means well I'll just tell you. It means that old Rumple did a lot of jobs where he was good at it but he never was the boss. Now that is out of the way.

I know you are thinking I am insane for defending a child stealing nameless so and so. But you've got it all wrong. See you have only ever heard the parents version of the story. What you mean you have never thought there was a second more truthful version of what really really happened?

Oh my word let us get this straight right here and right now then. As I have said old Rumple worked many jobs and one of those such jobs was a healer. Whether by magics or herbs or just suggestive ideals he was one of the best but not the best mind you.

He had heard hushed talk around the village that the King and Queen had problems in bed. Infertility or frigidity quiet possibly, the fact the Kings endowment did not meet the Queens requirements so to speak still remained. They would give a ransom of gold to anyone who could help them conceive a child.

So Kindly Rumple decided to go have a look and see what he could do to help them out and sure enough with a few herbs, spells and lessons in the bedroom Rumple fixed them right up.

They made love day and night in every room in the castle. Using every move Rumple had taught him, the King was a busy man. He never answered Rumple when he called. So an angry Rumple went to the King and Queen to let them have a piece of his mind. When he got there the Kings footman ushered Rumple straight to the throne room.

The King was over joyed, bursting out with a boisterous voice telling Rumple that he had done it the Queen was with child. Old Rumple let the ice melt from his heart and he nudged the angry feelings for the King and Queen out of his mind. Thinking surely when the baby comes they will pay me my gold and I can be on my way to find a new job somewhere else.

The months flew by in a whirl wind. Then the morning the bells rang loud through out the castle and village the baby was born to the King and Queen. Rumple seized his chance to collect what they owed. He went to them and asked for his payment in full. But the King told him he didn't remember an agreement of gold at all. In fact he swore he had never laid eye's on Old Rumple before in his life. The guards rushed poor old Rumple out of the castle leaving him to stew in his own pot for a while.

Weeks went by but Rumple just couldn't let his betrayal go. He started to spread the word around town that the King was not a well endowed man and that the princess baby belonged to another man. The Queen had wanted a child so badly she had sex with a common man and gave birth to his baby and not the Kings.

Word spread fast and when it reached the Kings ears as all good gossip would, had changed to the most outrageous claims of betrayal and fornication that the King ordered Rumple be brought to him immediately.

When Rumple stood before the King he never wavered nor faltered in his story that the King owed him something for his promise. The King so enraged that he saw red told Rumple the only thing he could have was the bastard daughter belonging to the Queen and the alleged common man.

That is not what Rumple wanted he couldn't worry about another mouth to feed he traveled way to much to have a baby in tow. The king made his mind up, he sent the princess away with Old Rumple and never wanted to hear from them again.

Many years passed without a word of the child or Rumple. Then one day a trader passed through the village and spoke of a man and his young daughter that traveled the lands making gold from a spinning wheel using only straw.

The greedy King wanted to find them and steal the girl for her ability to spin gold was remarkable. When the King and his men found them he discovered it was Rumple and the princess. He became very furious knowing he had just gave his money maker away like he had. So he stole the princess back.

He kept her in the tower of the castle and never let her loose. She cried day and night weaving and spinning gold for the King and longed to see her father Rumple. She noticed him every night standing on the grounds on the other side of the moat looking up at his daughter locked in the tower.

The King let it slip he intended to kill Rumple if he didn't leave town. So the princess threw a message out of the tower landing it in the moat outside hoping Rumple would find it. He did and the Kings plan was detailed inside. If anyone finds Rumpelstiltskin they are to execute him on sight by any means necessary. Orders of the King.

Old Rumple was not leaving his child here and running but he had to do something. So as I said before he dabbled in magic and he cast a spell making everyone forget his name. So if they read the orders of the King it would mean absolutely nothing at all to them.

He finally made his mind up to sneak in the castle and steal the princess back somehow. He burst through the throne room door demanding that the king give back his precious daughter.

The King refused and said if you give me a task I can not finish I will let you have the princess back. Rumple knew exactly what he would do, guess my name he said.

The King started to speak his name but the strangest thing happened, he couldn't remember it. No matter what he did he could not say the name of the man standing in his throne room. Rumple smiled and walked out of the room to the tower and gathered his daughter and left.

Now that is how the story you know so well got started. See it never was poor old Rumpelstiltskin’s fault at all. So don't blame him any longer, for he and his daughter are good friends of mine.

© Copyright 2011 Raven (ravenfire at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1824373-Rumpelstiltskin