*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1824375-Raven-and-Luna
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Raven
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Dark · #1824375
The begining of Raven and Luna starts here. A mix of two characters,mine & shroom Dooms.
Please read this story by shroomdoom aka stars-in-shatters
"Invalid Item


The father of all Vampire’s, Werewolves, Sirens, Banshee, Phantoms, evil incarnate, all presumably created by the men or demonic equivalent of sinful hatred, but has anyone ever stopped to think who were the mothers of all the evil fathers? That is where this story will begin. The mother’s of all things that mortal’s think are the pulsating, writhing, slithery pustules that emit all hatred and loathing. Pure Evil!



Luna and Raven.....at least those are the names that we will use to describe them now. Luna because of the draw of the moons that entice Luna's mind, mood and creativity. Raven for the pitch colored hair, the black hearted way she see's all existence. The moon and darkness the dark moon is exactly what the pair was. The true names are unspeakable by humans and if it were possible to let the names escape from a living pair of lips the speaker would find that the formed words would choke them as they clawed from the throats and scraped inside the minds like infectious worms boring holes in their heads. That the vile putrid existence of the names would drive them headlong full force into a maddening, thriving insanity that lingers in the deepest darkest corners of hades. Luna and Raven had always been. Always been mother, daughter, sister ,friend, companion and even at some point lovers. But with agelessness and an eternity stretching out for so long even that grows simplistic and uninteresting.

There is no way to know where Luna and Raven had come from. It is debatable that they even remember themselves. They have always just been and even in the histories that were and even in being documented as best the mortals could their existence has gone forgotten.

Luna sat in the empty devoid area and contemplated the fact that she was growing bored of the normal existence that she succumbed to. Raven approached from somewhere dark and dank and smirked as she laid eyes upon Luna. Luna sneered in her direction. “Where have you been?” she spat.

Raven giggled a childlike sound. “Oh no you weren’t?” Luna barked.

“Yes I was, and it was so much fun”, Raven said.

“You have got to stop interfering with those new demons”. Luna said.

“Oh pish ah”, Raven muttered as she fell back onto the chaise letting her long legs dangle slightly over the edge. Which by the way had just at that very moment appeared from nowhere just for Ravens satisfaction. “What have you been up to”, questioned Raven.

“Well I have a wonderfully, deliciously, wicked idea dear Raven,” Luna stated. “I have been thinking that the world needs some more chaos and we are just the ones to see to that very need”. With that being said Luna and Raven laughed as Luna’s eyes grew red as blood from delight.

They each sat on the chaise and spoke to one another confidently about what they would need and to what extent they would have to go to accomplish this task they were setting before themselves.

“Oh wonderful, spoke Luna, that is a terrific idea ”. Luna’s eye’s grew wide like a child when she really thought about what Raven had been saying to her. She twisted her silver curled hair around her long thin index finger. Little sparkling star shaped flares shot from the tips of her hairs as she toyed with it. Then the little stars would shatter and fall away. “You know that we will have to go down there and look around for what we need right Raven”? Raven bit her lip and a twinge of pain shot to her brain she had lost all track of thought while Luna had been thinking and had began to push at her lip out of boredom.

“Ow” she cried, “ I’d really rather be biting and tasting someone else’s lip rather than my own.”

“Oh Raven you are such a klutz at times why don’t you pay more attention to what you’re doing, then I wouldn’t have to smell that foul iron laden smell from your blood”, Luna chastised?

“Oh whatever”, Raven said as she walked to Luna and took her hand then proceeded to the very edge of night and they jumped. Luna’s white silken robe flew above her head as they fell, “Oh for the love of Hades”, Raven snapped, “you look like a sainted monk in that garb”. Raven pointed her finger at Luna and twirled it a bit and when they hit the ground running they both were attired in leather britches and tunics and were ready for the hunt.

They stalked and hid in the shadowy darkness of the forest line watching the little town of people that had no idea what would soon ensue upon them. Raven spoke and her voice sounded like a faint breeze blowing in the wind to Luna who was picking at the new clothes Raven had chosen for them to wear. “Would you stop it please and let’s get this done I want to watch what happens when we are done”, Raven scolded.

“Why must you always chose such dramatic unusual outfits”, Luna asked still sounding only like the breeze. Raven spied a sight upon a hill that she figured to be a great place to start, off in a flash she was on the hill and Luna looked up to find she stood complaining to no one but herself. She flitted her eyes around until she found Raven’s familiar shape on the hill and she was there in a flash as well.

“Have you always been this rude”, Luna asked?

“Never rude it is just you are getting so old you can’t hang with the young anymore”, Raven said as she motioned to Luna’s hair.

“Oh that was wrong just plain wrong I like my hair it reminds me of the moon”, Luna defended.

“ Yeah right grandma”, Raven softly spoke.

Raven glared her eyes at Luna and barked, “ Well smell! what are you waiting for”.

“The grave rot is just too strong I smell the decay also and none are fresh enough”, Luna queasily muttered. “Oh that is just too bad too bad indeed”, Raven said. “Well what do you wish to do Luna”? she asked.

At that moment Luna closed her eyes and listened to the winds and they told her that a man was going to die and he was just over the next hill. She opened her eyes and blurted out, “Follow”. Then was gone with the telling winds as quickly as they came.

Raven growled outside in the darkness at the site of the large shrined entrance leading to the sanctuary housing the man they came to get. “I hate them, burning their incense , chanting to Gods who do not listen, praying to Saints who never walked this world, and where have your winds blown us she asked, right in the bowls of one of the largest worshiping sights on this continent” Raven detested.

“Next time we listen to the animals not your confounded winds”, she demanded. They walked out into the surrounding field and found a tree and waited by it. Luna had found solace in humming and let her eyes smile when the animals came round to listen to the Goddess’s mournful tune. Raven however stalked back and forth pacing the greenery to dust, waiting was not her strong point.

-------waiting-------waiting-------waiting to near madness. Then at once the clouds broke open in the darkness and a bright light shone down over the sanctuary and shortly after that the mourning bells rang that the priestly mortal man had died. Luna stood as her and Raven went to the room of the dead man and again had to wait. Raven stared at the mans empty body and looked at the eyes that refused to close. His hair was almost as black as her own. His glassed over eyes a silver hue that reminded Raven of Luna’s hair. He had been a strong man in life. Muscles lined his whole body, but not too many. He had not been sick long and the illness should not have taken his essence from him as it had. The only sign that really said this man had been sick at all was the pale skin and the dark circles under his eyes. If he were to stand up he would be very tall Raven thought. He had large hands that were calloused but he was of earthen royalty and that caught Ravens eye that was not right. He had a ring on his finger that held the crest of the royal house of this land. Why had he been brought to this sanctuary Raven wondered. To have been loved by this church and his people and to have the signs of a poor mans hands she thought he must have been saintly. Luna broke Ravens thoughts when she touched her hand and pointed to the priests and monks that had entered the chamber. They waited to give this mortal man the gift they had prepared and deliberated over for so long. As soon as the hierarchy had left that is when they gifted the man and turned to leave.

Luna stopped in the field outside the sanctuary when she realized Raven was standing facing the room that held the mans remains. Luna casually walked to her side and asked, “ What is wrong now?” Raven stiffened up and then let a single breath release from her lungs into the cooling night air.

Then she asked, “ Can’t we stay for a while and watch as he grows do we have to leave him just as he is ready to be born”?

“Raven? Are you Alright?” Luna spoke with a whisper.

“Of course I’m alright, I just want to be close as we watch him grow into the loveliness we have created that’s all” Raven said.

“Ok Raven we will go into that small village and we will find a place to stay to watch our son grow,” Luna decided. “Raven you confuse me so sometimes”, Luna confessed. “You hate humans you’ve said so, so many times and yet you worry for this reborn human more than I’ve ever seen you worry before”, Luna questioningly stated.

“ Ah, but after tonight he will no longer be human now will he, he will be our creation, Raven said.

“ Our son,” Luna added.

They found a tavern and walked inside, Luna’s nose curled at the many unsavory odors that filled the unclean air. Raven bounced up to the keeper and inquired about a room. The entire tavern stopped everything and turned to see the two new strangers, women none the less asking for a room in this small town tavern. Unaccompanied by men, brazen and bold yet very ill-fated for young women in this time. A very tall woman sat in the corner next to a very big, very wide man and drank warmed ale watching the two strangers without blinking. The very tall woman had stringy blonde hair that fell in matted tangled locks in her eyes and covered a great majority of her face. But she saw all the same that she didn’t like the woman who walked in the tavern this night.

Raven told the keep that they required a room and warm ales to shiver away the chill of the nights dampness. He slapped the two ales frothed at the top on the bar and spilled over from the force at which he slammed them. His turned up squished nose flat on his face. The teeth that protruded from his under bite disgusted Raven he was balding on top and what hair he had appeared to be very course. Luna grabbed Ravens hand she knew Ravens temper would not withstand his attitude much longer. Luna sugared her voice and spoke softly to the keep in a tone that would not intrude on his manly decision to instantly not like the two women. Thickly sweet words rolled off Luna’s lying tongue it almost made Raven vomit at the intensity of it all. The keep changed his tone, his mind, and his attitude abruptly when Luna placed her hand upon his and asked again about a room. He pointed to the top of the wooden stairs and then looked down at the warmed ales spilled on the bar. He jerked the tankards and said a thousand apologizes as he refilled them and carefully handed them back to Raven and Luna. The chubby little man reminded Raven of a small pig and she petted his head as they each turned to walk up the stairs and Raven let her finger slide across the pigman’s throat in a gesture of slicing his throat for his insubordination and lack of fealty to them.

After entering the room Raven and Luna peered out the window toward the sanctuary where their son lay dead and waiting on the return of a resemblance of life. Luna softly spoke again saying, “You know they will send his body out after dark and hide it from the grave robbers, we must be prepared to follow and get it back.”

Moments later the front gates opened and the dark forms of several men leading a small drawn wagon left silently into the darkness surrounding the sanctuary and into the damp night. As fast as the night winds carried them Luna and Raven sat upon the unknowing group and followed in the distance.

Seconds crept by as the Goddesses waited in the shadows of the surrounding forest. Lingering just beyond human sight. The animals once again gathered to listen to the two women whisper the winds language like the softest breeze flowing gently through the leaves of Autumn. The two chatted away unheard by human ears. The whole forest had grown still and quiet as if the entire world had silenced itself with bated breath waiting for the Goddesses to utter one profound word to it.

Then the silence broke like an earth shattering eruption as the branches snapped beneath the weight of the grave robbers who had come to steal the prominent mans worldly goods. The tallest had grey hair and a gravely voice that whispered low, snapping orders to the thinner man as the branch snapped under his foot. The thinner man had nervous eyes that skirted the wood line and anything that moved. However he did not notice the women who also waited to enter the mausoleum unnoticed.

Ravens anger grew as she watched them stalk the entrance like hungry wolves waiting to pounce their prey. Then Raven noticed the woman from the tavern step quietly through the trees and into view. The nervous eyed man was the same from the tavern also. This enraged Raven and Luna also found that her patience had grown very thin with the humans who now walked this land. Nonbelievers, the threat of being forgotten by mere mortals was too great for both the timeless Goddesses and these unfortunate beings would see their wrath this damp cold night.

Raven whispered into the winds to Luna but it was too late, Luna had already began the hunting howl to the nearby wolves and soon they would approach and feed upon the unwanted flesh that had came to displease the Goddesses. The moon had broke free of the black clouds and shown bright and full and the three unfortunate people stood in disbelief as they faced the Goddesses and a very hungry pack of wolves.

The wolves each waited for the Goddess’s approval and when Luna flicked her hand in a go ahead motion the leader lunged forward and landed on the woman tearing out her throat. The others gave chase to the two men who tried to flee to safety. It was a fruitless effort on their part. The pack had accosted them with ease and when the last man lay dying they waited. Each wolves eyes peering out toward Luna as she sauntered up to them taking care not to step in the blood that had splattered all around covering most of the forest floor. As the man was gasping at the air gurgling blood cluttering his throat Luna crouched down beside his mangled body and leaned in close and whispered to him the words that would change him forever. She moved her hand across him slightly lingering over the worst wounds inflicted and they began to heal. She soon turned to walk back to Raven who stood with an indiscernible look upon her face. Luna wiped at her hands the smell of the blood had become very strong. Raven said, “ We did not discuss making another child”. But Luna was unable to speak for the group of men who entered the tomb began to scream yelps of wild pain from inside.

Raven and Luna both ran inside to find that their son had fed on the men and leaving them emptied of all blood. The dead mans eyes had turned cold and held no more of the human vigor they had in life. He was now one among the immortal world. As was the man outside lying on the forest floor but he was yet unaware of his fate.

As with all first time creators there will arise the possibilities of mistakes, things one wouldn’t have thought of in a hasty decision and this seems to be exactly what has occurred this night in the forest. The man who the Goddesses first gifted with immortality craved blood would it last forever and would it always be that he fed on humans was the main question they faced but they could not worry with this just yet and they quickly sped the man away to the room of the tavern. The man that Luna had gifted alone tonight lay quiet and still and cried out often as the broken bones he acquired from being shaken by the wolves and being beaten against the rocks reset themselves a painful yet dire need. He stared often at the bright moon that hung in the sky and tears slid hot and wet from his eyes rolling to the frozen ground below. This all in between the excruciating pains he endured as muscles mended and gaping slashes slowly closed. In the morning he had healed completely except for the many scars that laced his body. He walked back to his shanty and tried to find solace in its confines.

The first son was catered to with the utmost dignity and respect while the other thought he was going mad not remembering much from the night he was mauled. At the market a farmer called out to him, “ Fredrick come partake of the fine cabbages Lola has brought us today”. But all Fredrick the second son could think was how much he wanted to go to the butchers and find a nice rack of ribs to chew on and savor every lovely marrow filled bite.

As time passed each immortal man grew accustomed to the new desires of these bodies they now had. Stranger still each had many new senses that grew well heightened above normal humans. Fredrick could smell a fresh kill from a mile away. He could hear the slightest movement of a field mouse outside scurrying around in the dilapidated barn. He saw much better in the dark and was ten times stronger than any normal man could be. Fredrick knew something amiss had happened to him that nightmarish night in the forest. If only the terror filled dreams would piece together correctly and make sense of it all.

Later that day Raven left the room Luna’s coddling Hans the first son grew sickening so she went to the tavern below to have a warm ale. She glanced around at the many people as she sipped it. Her eyes caught sight of the second son sitting alone in a dark corner. She thought a minute and then grabbed her drink and walked to sit at the second sons table. “Hello my names Raven and you look like you need some company”, Raven said. “Well you must be mistaken I don’t seem to want any company”, said Fredrick.

“What is your name”, Raven asked?

“I am called Fredrick”, Fredrick said a little agitated. Raven never left her seat at the table. Instead she just made banter with Fredrick and then it occurred to her that he must think he has an illness and given the new circumstances from Hans creation she would delve into the illness side of Fredericks life.

“You know my um sister and I are traveling to a warmer climate for health reasons, I have been a little ill lately and I think it would be best to leave these cooler places”, Raven started. Fredricks eyebrow raised a bit but he never spoke a word. Then when Raven said that her sister Luna had a blood disease and she often ate near raw meat Fredricks attention was full on to what she said.

“What is the disease that makes her crave....He whispered raw meat as if it a secret?”

“Oh her doctor says that I have an anaemia and I need the iron from the raw meat and Luna well hers is a bit difficult to explain,” Raven said. “Well Luna just well, you promise to keep a secret, she asked?”

“Of course”, Fredrick nearly yelled out. “Well Luna she....she started out with blood letting and then after that didn’t work she started to...to just drink the blood from animals and eat the raw flesh and eventually she started to heal,” Raven confided. Fredricks eyes widened and he nearly fell out of his chair. Ravens eyes glowed with delight at the well thought out plan and how well Fredrick had believed it.

As the month wore on Raven and Fredrick met and talked often leaving Luna and Hans to their on deeds. Then as the next month came on them in the afternoon Raven noticed that Fredrick was not himself. He had an angry disposition and his face seemed to be much broader and longer also his face of a normal five o’clock shadow was much thicker and darker. Raven spoke to him asking what was the matter but he only defended himself in a rather harsh growl of reasons why it was this way today. Raven knew it was something to do with Luna’s hasty decision the night in the forest but she could not tell Fredrick this not now.

Raven told him that she would leave him for the evening and talk with him in the morning. She walked away and hid watching to see what Fredrick would do and where he would go after her departure. She followed behind him and watched as he seemed to have an attack of will when he passed the butchers stall. But it passed and he quickly walked outside the confines of the village and out into the forest that lay beyond.

He made his way deep within its shadowed sanctuary and leaned against a large Oak tree sliding down to the ground as he did. Raven knew he was in pain, but from what she was uncertain. She slipped in closer to him and watched with inquisitive eyes as she almost studied his every movement and then as the moon started to rise full and high he began to scream in wretched painful growls. Raven could not just stand there hidden while this child hurt and was alone. She ran to him and wrapped her arms around him trying to comfort him. He hissed between his growing teeth, “Leave me be winch”. Raven held on despite his threatening order. Then he flung his arms free of her hold and pushed at her she flew into a nearby tree and she was astounded at his strength. She ran back and forced him to close his arms around himself and she held him tighter than she would have a mortal. She had almost forgotten that he was Luna’s son.

When the violent shaking started Raven’s grasped would have broken mortal bones but when the end found itself still wrapped in Raven’s grip she released it and found that she no longer held Fredrick the immortal male but rather a huge black wolf with arms and legs and even pointed ears. She looked wide eyed at him and he growled showing his teeth at that moment Raven spoke to him and told him, “ Fredrick you are not a mortal anymore you are a were, a werewolf as it would seem and the moon when full makes this transformation for you”. Then she waited to see what Were-Fredrick would do. He wanted nothing more than to tear out her throat but he could not for she was a Goddess and this is something that even an immortal could not do. Almost everything he never knew started to creep into him like water drying in the sun. He remembered the night he had lost in the forest. He saw Raven there and yet another beautiful woman-Goddess he tried to say mother but all that came out was a whimper. Raven raised an eyebrow and said, “No I am not your mother Fredrick, Luna is what you would call your mother”. He growled again. Raven said, “Luna and myself are Goddesses and we created you well Luna created you the night in the forest and the dreams you had showed you this but you just couldn’t remember fully.”

Instead of getting to finish speaking Raven was interrupted when Were-Fredrick lunged forward and chased a deer deeper into the forest. Sometime later he came back stomach slightly protruding and muzzle covered in deer blood licking his lips and sat in the exact spot he had previously. “Are you quiet satisfied now your hunger has been abated, want me to finish explaining to you or what” Raven grumbled.

Back in the village lurking in the darkness Luna and Hans waited for the man they had tracked here to come back out on the road. They watched intently as the remaining humans plodded into small homes for the night. The man came out sometime later satisfied by his female lover who had beckoned him to her abode that night. After he lit up a handcrafted pipe and inhaled it several times he started to walk toward his home. He pulled his jacket around him to block the blustery winds in ill attempts, they cut right through it as if it were not even on.

When he had gotten far enough out of the village heading toward his farm on the outskirts he was attacked. He was never the wiser he had been followed all he had on his small ind was the encounter from just moments ago. Hans ran like the wind and with his mighty strength threw the adulterous farmer off the path landing him on the frozen earth. He pounced like a panther on the man and began to bite at his neck sucking the life source out of him. Savoring the wonderful flavor of the hot blood better than the finest wines he had consumed in life. He waited and before drawing out the last bit that kept the farmer alive he looked deep into his eyes and with his mind calmed the man he read his thoughts, hopes, dreams, saw the lovely wife that waited by the window with candle lit for his return, the children tucked in their cozy bed, he also remembered the burning warmth of the blood as he drank, and he drew out the last bit forever closing this mans life.

On the way back to the tavern Luna and Hans spoke. Luna asked, “ Why do you always search your victims eyes before you take the last of their blood?” “I want to know what will be left behind after they are gone, the families, who will grieve for them, Hans said.” “Is this important for you to know my son, Luna asked?” “I only want to know whose voices torture me in the days, screaming, cursing, damning me to hell, Hans told her.” “Then Hans spoke and said, “ What am I Luna?” “I think it appropriate to call you a pyre since you mentioned before of the burn of the blood as you feed, Luna said.” Hans replied, “ That is too normal I am fond of Vampyre instead.” And so it is told that this is the beginning of Vampyres. They walked in silence back to the tavern knowing that this would be the last night they would be in this village, the locals were growing anxious and concerned over the unexplained deaths occurring especially with the animal mutilations in the forest found daily.

After Hans was in his box filled with the earth from his mausoleum for the day Raven entered the room and met Luna’s unapproving eye. “You are being secretive lately Raven why all the trips out into the village so frequently, Luna inquired”. “What does it matter to you, you have Hans and I am left alone to my own accord why is it your concern you have no time for me, Raven snapped.” “It is our business what you do when you are left to your own devices it could harm us and what about Hans what if the village found out about him, Luna scolded.” “What about Fredrick, he was all alone where you left him tortured with his gift and you didn’t care, Raven said angrily.” “ Fredrick ..... Fredrick who on this foul earth is Fred....Oh no Raven you are not speaking of the man in the forest are you, Luna questioned?” “Yes I am, Raven spat out.”

“It is of no consequence anyway we will be leaving this eve, Luna said as she watched the sun peak above the homes.” Raven’s rage was too much to conceal she growled, “It is very much a consequence to me, if we leave he will be coming with us.” Luna said, “No he most certainly not be accompanying us.” “Yes he is and I am going to tell him at this very moment, Raven blurted.” Luna stood and stepped in front of the door. Raven took hold of Luna’s throat and watched as her eyes filled with tears it would not kill her Raven knew but it would allow her to see just how serious she was. Luna shoved Raven’s hand away and said, “ Then go but you must oversee him on your own I refuse he is not as perfect as my Hans he is just a plight on this earth and I will have nothing to do with him.”

Raven ran from the room and to Fredrick he sat under an Oak as if waiting for someone. Raven told him about their departure and that she wold not leave without him. He looked at her and asked, “ What am I to do if I leave here this is my home am I to follow you to the ends of the earth forever?” Raven told him, “ If you do not leave now you may start to feed on the people you love instead of just live among them Fredrick I will protect you always, please believe this.” “ If my own mother, creator does not want me why would you, there must be something wrong with me, Fredrick whispered.” “There is nothing wrong with you, I will be your mother and teach you how to survive, Raven said as she wrapped her arms around Fredrick’s shoulders. Then the sound of yells came across the hill and Raven along with Fredrick quickly went to see what the commotion was about. When they reached the top by the graveyard they looked down at the village and saw any people with torches wielded and pitchforks and any item they could get to retaliate against the wicked. Raven knew they was headed for the tavern where Luna and Hans rested. It was nearly nightfall when they had reached the tavern well fixed with ales and conspiracies. Luna opened the door to the village and she followed by Hans walked out into the icy twilight no beams of sun stretched to reach them only the light of the torches and the bonfire. Raven ran to stand beside them as did Fredrick. The people shouted that they was witches and brought death upon them. They intended to burn their souls clean of the evil. But when their eyes fell upon Hans they screamed in terror and shock. Some ran away some stood fast and intended to meet the demon and witches head on. Raven and Fredrick stood back and watched as Luna whispered to Hans and at that moment a storm of wretched blood shed ensued. Fredrick found it hard not to want to attack those people but he didn’t he just stood fist clenched tight and watched. The whole town was slain within a few hours and no one was left to witness to the world their end.

They all left that village and went away. The road to nowhere was a long and hard road. Hans and Fredrick fought often over the affection of Luna and Raven was more alone now than she had ever felt in her eternity. But she still held on to the promise she gave Fredrick that she would always protect him. If it was possible for a Goddess to love it is true then that Raven loved Fredrick.

Soon after they all had settled in a large town the fight heightened to dramatic scales. Fredrick had a few hours before his change and Hans had a few hours of patience left for Fredrick. Raven and Fredrick had left and went to an empty out of the way field surrounded by a mountain and a forest where no one would hear Fredrick’s transformation. It had gotten easier for him and less painful but it still was an unnatural feeling to him and he sometime cried out loudly just before the final change was finished. Raven would sit and wait as Were-Fredrick hunted the animals, then they would sit alone until he transformed back into normal Fredrick. They often talked until the sun came up about whatever they had on their minds at the time then would walk back to the others secretly keeping the nights hunt to themselves. Tonight felt different to Raven she listened to the telling winds and they spoke of Luna and Hans also hunting this area. Raven knew this meant that there were humans around and she feared for Were-Fredrick he would not know the difference when he was hunting and would attack them as he would any animal.

When Raven found where Were-Fredrick sat eating his kill, it wasn’t long until she also noticed Hans watching him up high from a tree accompanied by Luna. Were-Fredrick was ravishing the carcass never even looking up at the unseen intruders. Hans flew from the tree and was on Were-Fredrick like a flash. The fight taking out the nearby trees and great billows of dirt flew into the air as the two fought with all they had. Raven jumped to the tree where Luna stood staring with immense joy. Raven knew this was a plot the Goddess had devised to rid her of her precious Fredrick. Luna was a very jealous Goddess, she always wanted the world and all creatures to remember her and worship her infinitely. Raven just liked to create new ways of torturing those she deemed unsavory releasing all the built up aggravations of centuries watching humanity.

“Why Luna, why are you doing this, Raven asked?” “It bemuses me so, especially being able to take something from you that you need more than me, Luna smirked.” “What happened to you and our plan to create chaos, and watch the boring pathetic humans scurry around in fear like rats on a sinking vessel, Luna asked?” “Why did you betray Fredrick so, he needed you as Hans needed us both but you turned your back on your son and took our son solely for yourself, Raven questioned?” “It is in the bigger plan, Luna spoke.” “What bigger plan, what are you talking about, Raven grimaced?” “The one where the moon rules this feeble earth and the darkness is all but forgotten without the son to rule over it, Luna said.” “You have gone mad Luna, what is the moon without the darkness surrounding it, Raven asked?” “It is the only light the world will see the way and the truth of the chaos, Luna exhaled.” Before Raven could speak another word Luna accosted her and threw her from the tree. They both landed on their feet and both lunged toward one another in a quick blur. They each matched the others prowess but it was to no avail to Luna she had deity madness. It is a terrible disease of sorts for the Gods and Goddesses to have, after a millennia watching humans they grow mad and when they discover they are no longer worshiped in the manner that suits them they want to demolish and rid the world of all human existence. The two separate fights taking place grew to immense horror as blood, and fur circled the air and gashes opened revealing unattached flesh above ivory bone. Luna and Raven could fight endlessly but Fredrick would soon start to transform and Hans would soon need to find sanctuary in his earth filled casket for the sun would rise and wipe clean the deadly stand of the Goddesses and sons in the daylight.

Luna and Raven let loose of one another at the same time and looked out at their sons in dismay, neither one had an upper hand of the other. Luna had thought Hans the best son and Raven hoped Fredrick would not lose due to transformation. The Goddesses called their appropriate sons and headed in different directions. As Raven and Fredrick each reached the foot of the mountain Raven turned to look at Luna and Hans standing at the edge of the forest and whispered to the winds .... “This is just the beginning my old friend, we will finish this sometime in the future.” “ Luna whispered back in the winds, “Old but not friends, new ..... enemies perhaps is a better word for it, and yes we will meet again myself and my son the Vampyre and you with your werewolf and then we will end this battle of whose son is the best and I will not lose.”

Raven shook her head and turned for the last time from Luna and grabbed Were-Fredrick’s arm to help him along up the rocky path to a new beginning in another place. After awhile she helped heal his wounds that were very deep and she was sure if Hans had received as many Luna did the same. A single tear slid down her cheek as she watched her love, her son transform back to normal Fredrick and then drift asleep. She longed for the usual times spent with her friend Luna, But her Luna was no more and this is the true beginning of Werewolves and Vampyres as not told through-out history. The beginning of all evil and hatred mad Goddesses gone forgotten and the end to the world as it was before them.





THE END

At least for now it is the end.....
© Copyright 2011 Raven (ravenfire at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1824375-Raven-and-Luna