*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1824630-Bad-Weather
Rated: 13+ · Other · Thriller/Suspense · #1824630
"large ominous thunderclouds protruded the once bright blue sky."
I stepped in the Highway Diner; I sat down at a booth and ordered the usual. The waitress returned with a coffee and four creamers. I stirred the coffee, while thinking about the case. I read the newspaper; an article was published about the disappearance of the young girl. I shook my head and looked out the window.
It was just about noon, and large ominous thunderclouds protruded the once bright blue sky. “We’re not going anywhere in this weather.” The waitress said surprising me. I nodded still watching the clouds. The doors were sucked open by the powerful wind, she quickly ran to the doors and closed them and locking to keep the wind from intruding the diner again.
“I should call my partner to get back to the station.” I said while whipping out my cell phone but then realizing there was no service. “What’s your name?” I asked the waitress. “Amelia” she responded. “Amelia, do you have a phone somewhere in here?” “It should be in the kitchen, there’s only one chef back there he’ll point you out to it.” I nodded, thanked her and entered the kitchen; smoke was rising to the ceiling. Looking around I quickly found the phone and dialed the number. The phone lines were dead. No dial tone.
Then I heard it, the muffled sound of crying and struggle coming from the back. The smoke was thickening and I followed the noise, as if playing Marco polo. It lead me to the freezer, I opened it and found the missing girl locked away, gagged and tied down. Left for death.
© Copyright 2011 aaronhyman (aaronh96 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1824630-Bad-Weather