*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1824717-Eutopia
Rated: E · Fiction · Philosophy · #1824717
Eutopia goes wrong.
The boy was young and interested in everything as he walked through the fields of wheat swaying in the wind. Every step the boy took brought something new to the eutopia. Flowers sprouted from the ground, vivid colours of blue and pink. Another step, trees appeared from nowhere of all different types, oak, maple and yew. Another step, Animals appeared, singing roaring and barking. The boy smiled totally at peace, with noise of birds serenading him, the feel of warm grass between his toes and leaves brushing his face, the smell of lavender and roses washing over him like a physical force. As he kept walking further and further into his dream world until he reached a cliff, so high and mighty that even the sun seemed to be at the same level. The boy suddenly clapped and far beneath him people looked up at him in awe and wonder. His smile lit up the world gazing down at the people he had created, they cheered, yelled and praised him yet it was not enough. He wanted more, more subjects, more land, more power.
Something exploded inside him, such a thing that should not exist in a eutopia and certainly not inside a young boy, yet there it was. He walked again but this time instead of movements that were full of life and energy, he stooped and walked like that of one condemned. With every step of what he had created turned to what had exploded inside of him. The fields were ablaze feeding the very thing destroying it, the flowers withered, the trees leaves fell to the ground. The life drained from them. The animals turned on each other and the humans’ shrieks of fright and despair split the air. Tears spilled down the boy's face as his dream world tore itself apart. He ran and hid from his world in the deepest, darkest cave he could find. He lay there his eyes tightly closed and realised as he lay on the sodden, hard earth with darkness closing in around him trying to trap him that this was his distopia, not being with people that hate you or killing someone you love, his distopia was this dark cave, alone.
© Copyright 2011 7 fox hill (boy441 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1824717-Eutopia