*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1824757-Mother-In-Law
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Chapter · Adult · #1824757
Mariana informs Petra she's pregnant.
Mother-In-Law

After Hilda left Petra slipped into something comfortable. It was a colorful dress she found hanging in her closet with print flowers on a bleached cotton fabric. After exploring the room she went to the door and cracked it peeking out. There was a figure seated outside….It was Big Mortichi.

“Mort?” Petra inquired, letting the door swing open, “What the heck you doing out here?”

“I’m on security detail,” he replied, “I’ve been appointed your body guard for the day shift.”

“Come on in,” she invited, “no sense in you sitting out here.”

Mort gulped, “Begging your pardon, My Lady, but my post is outside, right in this chair or walking up and down the hall keeping a visual surveillance on the hallway.”

“Am I allowed outside…?”

“I’m not stopping you,” he replied, “Go anywhere you want, only I’m required to follow.. behind that is….at a discreet distance..”

“You mean I can go for a walk, check out the house, maybe take a stroll in the gardens?”

“You’re the Lady of this house Petra…. I mean “MY Lady” By my reckoning you can go anywhere you damn please.”

“Wow! Petra ran and got her sandals, found a wrap and skipped out into the hall. How do we get out of here?”

“The main staircase is to the right Mort answered. It descends to the foyer…then out the main entrance and onto the grounds.”

Petra ran past, turned down the stairs and into the portico.

A butler stepped out and bowed low… “Out for a walk my lady…?” His sudden appearance startled the young woman.

“Err, yes, I had planned to take a stroll outside and get some fresh air.”

The formal garden is in full regalia, Mrs. Kratz… I recommend you begin there. I see you’ve met Mr. Mortichi, I hope you don’t mind his presence… After a while you’ll probable not even realize he is about…

“I know Mort from the Compound,” she answered, “and he’s welcome to tag along…”

“Good. Then enjoy yourself.. Oh….”

“Yes?”

“When you’re ready to bathe, ring the bell on your night stand… If you care for a snack or refreshment do the same. Your husband and Mother-in-Law dine at 9 and are expecting you to join them. Dress is informal as always… I will see that something appropriate is laying out.”

“Thank you ….and your name?”

“I’m Malcolm San Juste. We don’t have a maid yet to attend you but there is a Matron from the Custodial Unit who will be serving in the evenings, pending her transfer to Domestic Services.

“Hilda?”

“I believe that’s her name.”

“Wonderful! That will work out fine…At 9 then…”

She turned and walked out onto the porch and down the stairs. The grounds were beautifully manicured and she encountered several gardeners at work weeding and trimming along the cobblestone drive that led into the chateau.
They paused in their work, looking up in interest, watching to see her reaction to the splendor that lay beyond. However, nothing prepared her for what she beheld walking beneath a trellised archway bordered by thick boxwood hedges.. The panorama exploded and she looked down into the village. A series of plateaus sloped down from one to the next, each containing beds of flowers radiating out in all directions. She stepped onto the crushed gravel pathway bordered by a sunken curb of brick, each in perfect alignment with the next. She clapped her hands in delight and breathed deeply. Following the path she descended down a gentle incline that twisted and turned , revealing new looks, each vista more overwhelming than the last. The architecture and rich colors were awe inspiring and she clutched her heart in response to the sheer sensory wonder.

As she stood taking it all in, she noted, seated below, a solitary woman. Her powers were beginning to return and she felt the force of the distant figure become suddenly aware of her proximity.

Come join me Petra vized a telepathic message into her mind’s ear. .

It was a silent voice as crystal clear as if standing before her.

It must be Mariana, Creedor’s Mother, she concluded.

Yes my Dear, your Mother-In-Law, I believe its time we got acquainted.

Petra continued down the path that switched back and forth as it descended onto an outreach. Seated at a stone table was a lady in her mid fifties in a simple yet elegant black dress. Even in Petra’s drawn down psychic state she could feel the dynamo of submerged power that radiated from every pore and fiber of the woman‘s body.

“Join me,” said Mariana.

Taking a seat Petra looked across at her mother in law. She had heard stories of the Emperor’s dark mistress and she trembled completely unsure of herself and not quite knowing what to say.

“Don’t believe all of what you’ve been told,” said Mariana…

“I’m honored to make your acquaintance,” Petra stammered searching for words.

“Likewise…The pleasure is all mine.” The dark woman removed her gloves and sighed.

“Alas I had all but given up on my son ever finding someone suited to his taste and suddenly, VOILA! You show up… Fancy that.”

“It’s not exactly as it appears…”

“You presume I’m in the dark as to my son’s appetites and preferences…do you really think that?”

“No my lady, forgive me…I only thought…”

“I know exactly what you’re thinking and I want you to know I’m delighted with the arrangement… You do want children don’t you?”

“Yes my Lady but…”

“Then this will work out just fine….as a matte of fact it already has.”

“I beg your pardon?…”

“If you were in full command of your wits you might understand better.”

“Then please explain…”

“Well, to begin with you menstrual cycle has been closely monitored and the wedding had to be moved up to take advantage of the timing…”

“You think I might be…?”

“Then there’s the tingle”

“The tingle?”

“That unmistakable tingle.. The vibration… a psychic resonance that cries out at conception… surely your mother told you about the tingle.”

“I never knew my mother…”

“So sad….I wish you could’ve experienced it my dear, and I’m sure you will with future pregnancies… when your psychic powers are once more restored.”

“You sensed this…”Tingle?””

“It was more than that My Dear, it was a sigh of pure joy…”

“I’m going to have a baby…”

“We don’t know the sex yet. If it’s a little girl the likelihood approaches certainty. If it’s a male that becomes considerably more dicey… Very few males conceived by a Simian female are carried full term… and then there’s the Blood Curse.”

“I’m sorry…Blood Curse?”

“Your husband is a “Back-Breed.” You know what that means? “

“No…”

“Mariana, sighed…It’s a death warrant.”

“Huh? “

“Creedor’s father was a Golden.”

Petra gasped… “You bedded a Golden?”

“Don’t make it sound so obscene…He was the first love of my life…”

“What happened?…”

“He suffered an unfortunate “Accident.” Goldens are very adept at arranging accidents when they feel the purity of their bloodline is in jeopardy.”

“He was murdered?”

“A rather blunt characterization, but I prefer it to the euphemism.”

“Wasn’t Creedor also at risk?”

“Very much so , and I’m glad you bring the point up… If the child you carry is a male and you carry him to term, it will be something of a challenge to protect the infant and insure he remains alive…”

“Oh my goodness… are you certain?”

“Of course I’m certain… I’ve spent my life watching out for my boy. Having him in this of all places is a mother’s worst nightmare. There is always a plot of some sort being cooked up to take his life and we are always on our guard to ferret them out….didn’t you hear the words at the wedding…”Abomination and Tainted blood” hollered out from the street?.

“Yes…but…”

No buts about it, they are quite upset that my son has decided to back breed with a Simian. Get used to walking around with a bulls eye on your back. Why do you think we have a guard day and night seated at your door.

“They want to kill my baby…?”

In a heartbeat honey, in a heartbeat…and that is why you need to listen close as I teach you all the lessons I’ve learned in the school of mayhem, treachery and deceit. Like it or not…and I know you have plenty of misgivings, we are family now and I’m the closest thing to a mother you’re ever going to have.” Mariana’s lower lip began to tremble.

Petra walked over and embraced her. “You’ll find me a quick study…”

“I was so hoping we could be friends…Now first things first. I’ve seen to it that you no longer have to drink that dreadful water. Second that this disgusting practice of collecting body fluids will be discontinued. Already I sense the return of some of your powers and in the next few weeks you should be in full command of your old self.”

“Have you told your son of the new arrangements?”

“Your husband understands the complexity of the challenges we face. We’re going to need your help and cooperation during the term and afterwards. He will be walking on egg shells to insure he doesn’t upset you in any way and cause you to abort…Don’t take advantage of the leverage because he knows how to bide his time and will get even after the delivery. On the other hand , use the opportunity of gain his trust and confidence and I can assure you that he’ll meet your efforts halfway.”

“What do you want me to call you….?”

“Whatever you feel comfortable with. Mariana is fine for now. I’m so glad we had this time to chat before dinner tonight. We will be seeing you…?”

“Yes ma’am,” replied Petra, “Nine O’clock sharp…”

“Until then Child“ and she kissed the young woman on the cheek.
© Copyright 2011 percy goodfellow (trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1824757-Mother-In-Law