*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1825317-Running-away-with-Birdy-pt-2
Rated: 18+ · Other · Romance/Love · #1825317
Tsutomu attempts to fight off Skeletsu and Megius, and reveals a startling power
Tsutomu stared coldly at Commander Megius, weighing his options. In the farthest corner of his mind he knew what it would come down to.

“No, I will not be taken in, and neither will Birdy,” Tsutomu shouted.

“If you resist we will just take you by force!” Skeletsu shouted back.

“Guess you didn’t hear the part about me being an Ixioran correctly,” Tsutomu said.

With that he rushed Skeletsu at the same speed he had seen Birdy rush criminals so many times in the past. He was rewarded with a massive blow to his torso from Skeletsu which flung him thirty yards into the building behind him. That would have killed a normal person, but Tsutomu wasn’t normal anymore.

“Nice try kid,” Skeletsu said, “But we trained Birdy for 10 years so we know exactly how to fight Ixiorans.”

Tsutomu grunted and rose out of the building which now had a dent shaped like him in its wall.

“Then I guess I’ll have to use my own special power,” Tsutomu said.

“What do you mean “special power”?” Megius asked.

“After some careful research into genetics I figured out that each Ixioran has a different unique power,” Tsutomu explained, “For instance, Birdy’s power is extreme resilience and strength, even compared to other Ixiorans.”

“And what would your power be?” Megius inquired.

“One that I hate using, but one that you are forcing me to use,” Tsutomu said.

Then Tsutomu held his right hand to the sky and shouted, “GIVE ME DARKNESS!” A black vortex formed around Tsutomu and black energy started flowing into him from all parts of the country. After a few minutes of this, a shockwave came out of the vortex and it dispersed. Tsutomu was covered in a black haze and it was especially thick around his hands.

Tsutomu suddenly vanished and reappeared behind Skeletsu. He punched Skeletsu in the back with both hands. The force of this assault blew Skeletsu into the same building Tsutomu had just made a hole in. Skeletsu slumped to the ground unconscious. Megius whipped his body around to face Tsutomu.

“What the hell are you, boy?” Megius asked.

“My power allows me to absorb darkness from evil intentions of any life form, and from the surrounding area,” Tsutomu said. “It is a truly horrible yet wonderful power. When I absorb darkness from others, those hateful intentions and feelings are gone from them, and darkness I take from the area makes that part of the world a brighter and happier place. Unfortunately for me, I take all that hate and evil into myself.”

Tsutomu let out a sigh from behind the haze covering him. “It gives me strength, but it reminds me of the light Birdy possesses and my pain from being separated from her becomes even more fierce. That’s why I’ll do anything to stay with her, even if I have to ERADICATE YOU!”

With that scream Tsutomu launched himself at Megius. Megius tried to sidestep the attack, but Tsutomu just changed the direction of his attack and landed a heavy blow into Megius’s torso. Megius dealt Tsutomu several lightning fast punches with his four arms in return. Tsutomu vanished and reappeared a short distance away. Megius charged at Tsutomu but a bolt of black energy sent him sprawling. Then Tsutomu had Megius pinned to the ground with one arm, while his other hand held a glowing energy ball.

“Any last words, Commander?” Tsutomu spat at Megius, “Other than pleas for mercy I URRRGH!”

Tsutomu was tackled from someone behind him and was knocked to the ground. The energy ball; robbed of its controller slammed forward into Megius. It was not fully charged but it still damaged Megius’s exoskeleton. Megius look over at Tsutomu, expecting to see Skeletsu grappling with the young human but instead saw Birdy, who was hugging Tsutomu tightly and crying.

“Tsutomu, please stop this!” Birdy cried, “This isn’t you! This isn’t the innocent teenager I knew a year ago!”

“Your right, this isn’t me, this is what I used to be,” Tsutomu said.

He slipped out of Birdy’s hug and walked over to Megius.

“All I want is for me and Birdy to be together, is that to much to ask?” said to Megius.

The black haze covering Tsutomu dissipated and Birdy hugged him tightly again.

“Just leave Earth alone,” Tsutomu said to Megius.

Then he and Birdy walked off leaving Megius on the ground looking stunned.

When Tsutomu and Birdy neared the car Tsutomu had placed in the ruins for a quick exit, Tsutomu stopped and faced Birdy.

“Well Birdy, are you ready to go to your new home?” He asked.

“Silly Tsutomu, you know I’m always ready for anything,” Birdy said.

They got into Tsutomu’s car and Tsutomu drove to his house in the undestroyed section in the city. They walked into Tsutomu’s house and Birdy began to wander around the house and trying to find everything that had changed in the year she had been gone.

She saw a large amount of computer equipment in various rooms. When she investigated the kitchen she was delighted to find that Tsutomu had a large quantity of her favorite food stocked in the pantry. She opened one of the small packets of white rice and heated it in the microwave oven. When it was done she quickly scarfed it down and continued her tour.

Birdy found Tsutomu in his room staring at something on a dresser. She walked up to him so that she could get a better look at what he was looking at. To her surprise he was staring intently at a sword. Then Birdy recognized the sword, it was the sword Geega had been using in her fight against him on the day she met Tsutomu. That reminded her that she had met Tsutomu by killing him when Geega threw him at her.

Birdy couldn’t imagine why Tsutomu would want to own something so closely related to the cause of his first death. She decided she would ask him just that.

“Tsutomu, why do you have this sword?” She asked him.

Tsutomu jolted like he had been snapped out of a trance. Wordlessly, he slid the sword over to Birdy and motioned for her to more closely examine it.

Birdy leaned closer to the sword and saw something sparkling at its tip. She brought the tip dangerously close to her face and saw that it was a special kind of crystal used to amplify blaster shots. She saw two more gleaming on the crosspiece of the sword. She saw a switch on the sword’s handle, and she pressed it. Three bolts of blaster fire shot out from the separate crystals and slammed into the wall, leaving nasty char marks.

“Tsutomu, where did you get the blaster crystals for this sword?” Birdy asked.

“I got them from the various sites of the battles you had while I was inhabiting your body,” Tsutomu said.

“This is something even Federation scientists haven’t been able to achieve,” Birdy marveled.

Then Tsutomu stretched a hand towards her and she clasped it.

“Tsutomu, is something wrong with you?” she asked with a concerned voice.

“I have seen your deepest memories and your darkest secrets,” Tsutomu said, “I have seen your most precious dreams and desires, and I have seen your inner and outer beauty,”

“Wait, what?” Birdy stuttered.

“The problem is… I like what I see, and I want you,” Tsutomu said.

With that, Tsutomu grabbed Birdy by the shoulders and forced her down onto the bed behind her.

© Copyright 2011 zemthyri (zemthyri at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1825317-Running-away-with-Birdy-pt-2