*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1825346-What-Id-tell-my-Parents
Rated: E · Non-fiction · Family · #1825346
Words are never enough.
I don’t know what I’d say to my parents, but I know that actions speak louder than words.

My mother lives with me, so I talk to her every day. Of course, the most important words I’ve ever told her were, “I’m still me.” I spoke those words to her just after I was diagnosed with Aspergers Syndrome, a high-functioning form of Autism. If you ever read my little story, "I'm Still Me you would see that my mother was worried about me when we found out. However, my words seemed to help calm her down, and since then we’ve been on a quest to help those who are in worse situations than I am, as evidence of our “Step Up For Autism” group, which raises funds for support programs, and, in my mother’s words, “The money raised here, stays here.”

My father lives about twenty miles away from me, and I don’t see him often. However, I do visit him every Easter, Thanksgiving and Christmas. Of course, dad always plays jokes, in one form or another, giving me and my brothers gag gifts. This year I plan to play the joke on him. I plan to get him a pink coffee thermos that has the John Deere logo on it and give him the sob story of “I tried to find the biggest and baddest monster tractor out there, but all I could get was this pink thermos with this John Deere logo.” Here’s how I think it will go; first he’ll stare, then he’ll glare, then he’ll laugh, then he’ll say, “But I don’t drink coffee.”

I love my parents, but words are never enough.
© Copyright 2011 BIG BAD WOLF is hopping (alockwood1 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1825346-What-Id-tell-my-Parents