*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1825401-The-Escort
by Amay
Rated: XGC · Short Story · Contest Entry · #1825401
Stress creates an escort that Donna would love to lose
Donna sat at the bistro table, nursing a warm cup of green tea between her hands. Stress had been following her for weeks, even with the live jazz band playing in the background she always felt its presence. It seemed like her own personal escort was always there, always lurking. She shook off the feeling of frustration and tried to let the music wash over her.

Donna watched the sun paint its magic across the clouds. The back lit leafless trees, the reds and oranges melting across the sky. The easy listening of a great group playing in the background created a setting where her escort wasn’t allowed, it just had to leave. This was simply beautiful. She started to feel peaceful. The tension eased from her shoulders. She sipped the hot tea, feeling its warmth flow in her. Maybe, she thought, I’ll leave my old escort sitting here in the chair tonight when I go home. Wouldn’t it be wonderful to leave it behind? She smiled at the thought.

The bell on the door tinkled in time with the music. Quick footsteps clicked across the wooden decking. “You’ll never believe what happened after you left this afternoon,” said Dexter as he sat down across from her. He was practically bouncing in his skin to let her in on the latest saga from work.

“Dexter, I’d like to introduce you to the concept of,” she paused for effect, “the weekend. Do we really have to talk about work?
Can’t it wait until Monday?” Great, another ‘secret’ meeting. Donna sighed. Meetings about her work were as common as being tired at the end of the day. I guess it wasn’t necessary for the voice of reason and common sense to be there. What on earth have they started now that I’m going to have to fix or even worse, figure out how to make it happen? That pack back at the office was full of ideas, but no brains to put them into place.

Donna wasn’t sure she even wanted to know what was going on. She had started to forget about the work a day world. This was the weekend. She felt her escort creeping back. She didn’t know if she even wanted to hear any more. But she knew in her heart she had to listen or it would eat at her all weekend.

Donna looked at the empty chair, yep; her escort had left, but with Dexter regaling about the meeting across the table she knew it wouldn’t be long before it found her once again. She sighed and put down the cup of tea and gave Dexter her full attention.

Step by step the meeting unfolded Dexter filled in the sordid details. She could visualize the players around the table in her mind’s eye. It was almost like looking at the painting of Dogs Playing Cards. Around the large round table, all of the players would all sit.

She could see the so called leader of the pack. Her snarky grin, the let’s play nice attitude, and not one hair out of place. How does anyone work all day and still have all of that hair in place anyway?

Her side kick and next in line would be sitting beside her. Why did he always look like the bulldog chewing on the cigar? He would agree with everything smiley said, no matter how inane it was. The scary thought, he was going to take her place in a few weeks.

She would see her boss next. He was a cute little tail wagging puppy in a room full of wolves. He has so much potential, yet not enough real life experiences to know how to handle such a meeting without getting chewed up and spit out.

Next at the table would be the sneaky little Chihuahua. She was always yapping and making sure she had everyone’s attention. Well, one person knew the truth about her even if everyone else covered for her.

What a list of players at the meeting, if nothing else, the picture she conjured up made her smirk.

Dexter looked at her as if he could see the image she’d created. Donna realized that he was waiting on her to respond. To what, she wasn’t sure. She laughed and crossed her fingers under the table, “Oh Dexter, I’m sorry. I’m afraid, I was watching the gorgeous sunset over your shoulder. It was so beautiful, I just tuned you out.” It was a little white lie that was sort of true, but it bought her a little time.

Unfortunately, he started over. She could see how each person would interject their point of view, and there was absolutely no one there to represent hers.

The tension started to weave its way back into her shoulders. Donna actively listened as the focus of the meeting switched to her area of expertise. With no input, major changes were being instigated. What were they thinking?

She felt her escort’s arm wrap around her shoulders and chest. Damn, its back. Dexter went over possible ramifications to their operations and added an additional report, due on Monday morning about how their department would handle these changes to Donna’s weekend. The puppy bid her a good evening, wagging his tail as he left. She smirked, did he ever have a set or was he born neutered?

Long shadows crept across the deck. The night breeze turned colder. Donna wondered why her escort couldn’t keep her warm with the tight hold he had on her tonight. Enough time had passed that her hot tea was now tepid. Donna got up and walked back in to get a refill. The band was on break and the pianist was ordering himself a latte. He asked what she was having. But the barista had already started her order. It was always the Dextere, hot green tea.

The barista made the introductions, “Max this is Donna. She’s a regular during the week, which is why you haven’t met her before.” He looked at Donna, “Max’s band usually plays on Saturday and Sunday nights.” “Which are the two nights Donna doesn’t stop by for a cup of tea,” he said back to Max as he handed him his latte.

“Nice to meet you Donna.”

“Your group is great. I love your style and renditions of the old favorites.” They started walking back to her table.

“You know, I noticed you when you came in. It looked like you’d had a rough week. You were getting into the music and starting to relax, really enjoying the set. It took my breath away when you started smiling.” Max pulled Donna’s chair out, she sat down and he pulled up the chair her boss had sat in. “I don’t know who that guy was but by the time he left, you were just as tense as when you came in. I was about ready to come down and run him off when he left. He really did a number on you. I could tell.”

“That was my boss. He was eager to burst my bubble.”

“Troubles at work? Don’t think any more about it. It’s the weekend.”

“He’s added an additional report for Monday morning.” Donna sighed. “I just don’t know where to start.”

“You’re off the clock now and you are staying for another set. Let the music work its charm a second time tonight.”

Donna felt like an open book. A total stranger had accurately had her pegged. Well, a very talented and handsome stranger sitting at her table that seemed concerned about her. “How can I resist such a nice invitation?”

“Great,” Max took a big swig of his latte, “I’ve got to get back to the band. Normally, I’m the one rushing everyone else back to the stage. Now, look at them up there motioning for me to hurry up. I’ll be back in about in a little bit. Relax and save my seat.”

Donna watched Max as he ran back up to the stage area. Nice ass, bet he isn’t neutered. She smiled; bet he’s warmer than my escort, too.

The band started playing. They played even better than the first set. The soft lighting, the music, she needed quiet time to process everything that had been going on recently. From her bag she pulled a pad and pencil. Mind webbing was an interesting concept. Hopefully she would be able to make some connections between all of the seemingly disconnected details going on at work.

She started the web from the beginning. She traced all of the events as they occurred. Then she sketched her dogs at the table. She attached their key comments in bubbles. She looked for ways that their ideas connected to the events. Occasionally, she sipped her tea and stopped to contemplate the beautiful music. It seemed like each time she stopped and looked up, Max was intently watching her. He would smile; what great dimples. Then another idea would pop into her head and she would go back to her web.

By the time the second set was done, Max had to see what she had been working on so diligently. Donna was so engrossed that she didn’t realize that the music had stopped. Suddenly, a cup of steaming hot tea was placed in front of her. Donna jumped nearly toppling the tea. “You scared the crap out of me,” she laughed as she grabbed the cup before it could make a huge mess.

“I’m so sorry; I didn’t mean to scare you. What are you working on?” He said as he pulled out his seat. “I thought we agreed you‘re off the clock.”

She tossed the pad on the table, “The mess of my work life.” Looking at it Donna realized why she had felt so many conflicting emotions. There were so many conflicting facts on the table before her. Her escort hadn’t left. He had just been illuminated in the soft light of the bistro. This looked like one big honking mess. She could almost hear her escort laughing in her ear.

“No wonder you’re so stressed.” Max couldn’t imagine what he was looking at. He did get the dogs though. He looked at the lists of ideas scattered all over the page. He figured that she was trying to make sense of it all.

Donna watched him reading the various comments. She watched him as he rubbed his fingers over the lines that started to show the connections between events and people. She felt like her whole life was a big train wreck.

As his fingers slowly crossed, unknowingly, connections were firing in her mind’s eye. Max saw the moment of awareness as it crossed over her face. She slowly sat back, sighed, and whispered, “Well, I’ll be damned, that’s it.”

“What’s it?”

Her eyes began to twinkle and her smile grew as she realized exactly what she was going to do, what she had to do. Her escort’s cold fingers started to loosen on her shoulders. The wave of knowledge, of knowing filled her with a sense of power that she did understand and could affect changes.

Max asked, “You’ve got a plan, don’t you?”

Donna leaned forward, put her elbow on the table, settled her jaw upon her hand and grinned. “I’m leaving my escort here tonight. That’s what’s happening.”

Max was totally confused as she leaned in and gave him a kiss on the cheek. “Was that your last set?”

“No, we’ve got one more.”

She smiled as she stood up caressing his cheek. “Here’s my card, by the time you finish up here, I’ll be finished at work. Will you meet me there?” She gathered her stuff and grabbed the hot tea. As she turned to leave, she gave Max a wink. “Just give the guard the card, he’ll tell you where to go.”

“I’ll see you in a little bit.”

“You better believe it.”

++++++

Max held the card to the door, “Donna said to show you the card and you’d tell me where to go.” And the answer isn’t straight to hell, either.

He stuck the key in the lock and opened the door. “I know I’ve been waiting on you.

“Where do I go?”

“Fifth floor, turn right, third door on the left. She said it will be unlocked.” The guard started walking off mumbling, “I told her not to leave that door unlocked. I’d feel better if she’d lock the door.”

Max punched the elevator button and said, “l’ll make sure she locks the door.” Time seemed to slow down as the elevator poked its way up to the fifth floor. When the doors finally opened, Max headed down to Donna’s office.

He hoped she was finished. When she left the bistro, she was walking on air. He’d hated that he couldn’t just leave with her, but it was probably better this way. He opened the door; there was a light on down the hall. She must be in there. “Donna?”

“Down here,” she yelled back.

He stood in the door way, her bags and coat were thrown on a chair facing her desk. Her eyes sparkled in the glow of her computer screen. That beautiful smile he’d seen at the bistro crossed her face. This was a woman on a mission of glory, or something like that. Her fingers flew across the key board, she was on fire and stoking his fire of desire, just sitting there looking so beautiful.

She saved, clicked print, opened email, and attached files, sent email in a matter of seconds. Turned around grabbed the report and had it in a file folder and on the corner of her desk before he could walk across the room.

“Hey.”

“Told you I’d be done by the time you got here.” She smiled, and went around the corner of her desk. “Come here. I owe you big time.” She reached up and genuinely hugged his neck. “I really don’t know what I would have done.”

Max’s hands slid up and down her back. “You would have figured it out.”

She leaned back, “I’m not so sure.” She stared into his eyes. “Looks, talent, intuitive, you’re quite a package.”

Max’s hands slid down over Donna’s hips, he pulled her closer to his heat. “I have other talents, too.”

“Well, let’s find out about that. What kind of talents do you have?”

“I like to kiss, like this.” Max kissed her sweetly on the lips.”And this.” His tongue dipped between her lips cavorting with hers.

She moaned her approval.

“I like to touch, like this.” Max slid his hand under her sweater, lingering on her back, effortlessly opening her bra as he continued to kiss Donna. “And this.” as his hand slid under her bra to pinch her hardening nipple. Within seconds her blouse and bra were on the floor, while Donna tugged his shirt over his head.

Donna whispered, “Yes, I see, you do have talents. Any other talents I should know about? Like, what’s growing between us?”

“Oh yeah, I have talents there too.” Max took a step back, unzipped pushed his pants down, while Donna dropped her skirt. His member proudly stood erect in the dimly lit office. Max pulled Donna back into his arms, his dick trapped between them, “I think my talents are growing by the minute, with you here in my arms.” Max lifted Donna; she wrapped her legs around his waist. He leaned her back over her desk clearing it with one stroke of his arm before he laid her down. Max positioned himself at her opening, her heat called to him. He buried his cock deep within her, feeling her muscles tighten around his shaft. She used her legs to leverage her hips taking him in deeper. Her nails dug into his back as the waves of contractions tightened around him.

He looked into her eyes trying to catch his breath, “I think you have some talents too.”

“I think we need to explore all of our options. Create our own map, maybe the first stop needs to be somewhere a little more comfortable.” She laughed. “Then we can explore our talents to our hearts desires.”

“Sounds like a plan.”

They quickly dressed and headed toward the elevator. Max stood behind Donna nibbling on her neck. She was a delightful fit for his body. He wrapped his arms around her, his hands covering her y, her hands covering his. He loved feeling her heat radiating knowing it was for him. The elevator that poked going up found the first floor way too quickly for Max.

The guard was standing at the elevator door as it opened.

Donna coughed and started off the elevator, holding Max’s hand. As they walked to the door, she looked at him sincerely and said, “Max, thank you. You make a much better escort.”


wc 2823

Sensual Soundtracks

Tell me an erotic tale that is inspired by and involves music in some form. Impress me with your creativity! Give me a sensual soundtrack to go along with your steamy scene!
© Copyright 2011 Amay (amay5prm at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1825401-The-Escort