*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1826345-Sleeps-Intermission
Rated: GC · Short Story · Adult · #1826345
A romantic interlude. (a variation on the title)
Sleep's Intermission.



Alone in my bed. Thoughts of sleep in my head, I begin to drift. A chill licks at my toes. The night air bites at my neck. Goosebumps stir me from my rest. Silently you've settled beside me. This is a dream! I am alone, and yet, here you are, curled in beside me. I snuggle into your chest. It's warm and coarse. Your scent - a heady mix of earth and musk. Your embrace, my hideaway.

"Gently stretch, close your eyes and go back to sleep. Enjoy your dream."

Your stretch places your face near my neck. Your steady breath caresses my neck. Breath in and out is ice and fire on my skin. Cold splinters erupt across my back. I shudder. Your cue. You move closer. How? I am unsure. It is unclear where one body ends and the other begins.

Your kisses ignite my skin. You provoke this more by letting your fingers begin their gentle dance across my shoulders. I quiver in the chill you've incited until I can bear no more. As I turn my gaze finds your face. Your hair falling gently onto your brow. Eyes watch mine as your fingers frame my face. Oh boy! Those eyes - soft, fascinated, hungry with just a glint of mischief.

Cradling my neck you kiss my forehead. Your kiss it's barely there. With each kiss I can feel your smile. Glad you're enjoying yourself. Now, are you going to kiss me or tease me? Taken by surprise, you stroke my thigh.

Tease it is.

As I brush the stray locks from your face I trace your cheeks with feathery kisses. Playfully nipping your ear before coming to rest at the hollow of your throat. The taste of your skin is warm and a little salty. Now I'm getting hungry.

Your shoulders are tense. You're fighting hard against the urge to ravage. In seconds you could have me newborn and satiated. Why fight it? My hands carve out the ripples in your chest while my breast heaves in anticipation. I can not quell my nervousness.

Imagination running wild. Fantasy collides with reality, I don't know where to begin. This is everything I've ever wanted. Yet, I fear once it is done, this, you, everything I'm feeling will vanish. You reassure me with a 'hush'.

'Don't think, just BE in this moment, with me.'

In this moment. I guess it's useless to hope for more. You've begun to stroke my other thigh. My fingers entwined in your hair while my lips caress your neck. The heat radiating from our embrace would rival hell itself.

The hand from my thigh glides up my side and rests upon my navel, bringing with it the hem of my nightgown. There's that glint in your eye. I'm desperate for you to kiss me. That would silence my fear.

Movement. Where are you going? Tease me and leave me. NO! That's not how it goes. You've shifted, you're upon me. Gazing at me from head to toe. Eyes drinking in every inch of me. Again you smile. Adoring the creature before you. The fragile beauty who has laid in your arms. Your only wish is to please. To coax her to heaven, her release. To cradle her close as she drifts into slumber.

Your eyes look down again. This time your body follows. Fingertips trace my hip. I squirm, you merely laugh and continue. You seem to be waiting for something. I wonder what it could be? Our breathing gets heavier. You cease your caress and I begin to calm.

Your touch, getting bold now. What are you up to? Fingers gently part and with a gush of night air you silence me with that kiss. I gasp. Breathless as icicles trickle all over me. I can feel you smile. Your tongue joins your lips, tasting, searching. I can feel myself swelling. A strange heat falls over us. Oh! You've found what you.....Oh, not yet. Over and over your tongue strikes hot and true at the very heart of my sex; playing, teasing, faster then slower. I implore you, please, never stop.
© Copyright 2011 Kat_Renbay (kat_renbay at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1826345-Sleeps-Intermission