*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1826543-Familiar-Alaska
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Fantasy · #1826543
Christa Lakes is an average fifteen year old girl, until her life takes a dramatic turn
I walk out into the crisp spring air to find almost all the snow had melted away. I had called my best friend Georgia Mason to come over and meet me down by the pond witch was only a mile away from my house. Her mom would most likely drive her since she lived ten miles away from me. I grabbed my bike out of the shed, witch is where it was all winter long until this day, just sitting there waiting for me to ride it again. I was growing to big for it but my family was not all that rich so I sucked it up and let myself wait until my older sister, Clair, grew out of hers. I guess I wouldn't have to wait that long since my parents had told me there secret about getting her a new bike for her birthday. I hopped onto the soft pillow-like seat and rode of.
About nine or ten minutes later I reached the clearing to the wide pond. I stopped my bike by my favorite climbing tree and waited for Georgia to appear. After a couple of minutes I heard the sound of peddling and the whirring sound of Georgia's brand new bike's tires and I saw Georgia appear out of the thick forrest of trees. I called out to her. "Hey Georgia!" She rode over to where I was and then propped her fancy pink and black bike on its fancy kick-stand and walked over me and replied finally with a:
"Sup chica!" We both chuckled a bit then we stripped our cloaths of till all we had on where our bathing suits. I crossed my arms and shivered as we neared the old rotting dock. Side by side, shiver to bitter shiver we looked at each other and smiled. This was our annual end of spring polar plunge that we have been doing ever since our parents got us involved in the sport. This began six years ago to the day and hour. We grabbed each others hand and screamed as we jumped into the heart stoping cold pond water. Our heads arrose to the surface and we let out gasps of are as we bagan to let the water work its cold through our system. After a while we were able to uncross our arms and swim around a bit, enjoying the first outdoor swim that we have not had the privilege of doing in such a long time. we splashed each other joyfully for atleast half an hour till we got too tired, and too immune to the cold, to stay in much longer. Georgia reached into her bike's paneer and pulled out a new fluffy towel to dry herself off with while I pulled a small portable stove out of my own. I began to set up the fuel stove as Georgia laid out a travelers breakfast of already cooked eggs, flour tortillas, bacon bits, chopped bell peppers, shredded cheese, salt and pepper, mayonaise, and packets of hot chocolate packets with the little marshmallows out on a large fallen tree. I pulled out two cups, two paper plates, two forks, a cooking pan, a nalgene bottle of tap water, and a pot to boil the water in for the hot chocolate which was something we both direly needed at the moment. With a quaking hand I porred half the bottle of water into the pot and placed it onto the stove top as the fires flame grew bigger with the turn of the knob. After the water began boiling we pored our self a cup of coco and sat down together rapped in towels and thick polyester blankets to keep us warm over a small fire Georgia put together, and we began to talk.
After about an hour we where both fully dressed in thick warm clothes and we had already packed up our breakfast and eating utensils when Georgia's mom rode in on her bike. She was a strong and tall lady, much like Georgia with long dark brown hair and hazel eyes. She looked beautiful as always. "So," She began. " Are you ready to go sweetie?" She looked over at Georgia and smiled.
"Ya mom," She replied nicely, even though she longed to stay here longer. "Let's go it's freezing out here." Georgia's mom looked over at me and gave me a friendly smile.
"You know Christa, I can give you a ride back home if you would like." Georgia's mom said.
"Know Mrs. Mason, but I think I will ride home today, thank you."
"Okay, but don't call me Mrs. Mason. Call me Rio. It is Spanish for river."
"Okay. Goodbye and have a good time." I watched them ride off for a little second, but my attention snapped back to something that I was working on. I crawled under a structure composed of wood created in a way to appear like nothing important other than a pile of worthless sticks. The wood was sturdly put together, not exactly a pile of sticks but more like a large domed building. I found this when I was very young. Inside of the structure - that I preferred to call "beaver house" - there was a tunnel that only I know about. There is a six foot step ladder that I put into the tunnel so I can get down to the bottom of the ground where it begins. This is the biggest tunnel I have ever heard of or been in. I measured it to be around a mile long and along the way of walking down the large tunnel I will reach a fork that is about 40 yards long. When I walk down that I come across a door. well not exactly a door. It is more like a draping cloth. When I walk through the drape and I enter a 20X40 room and in there are posesions and secrets of mine. I created a kind of a lamp by placing a bright flashlight into a glass orb that I had broken when I was 11. The light spread around the edges of the orb an that light ed the room dimly. So I had top wait for another glass orb to break before I can make another.
© Copyright 2011 Taylor Night (young_auther at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1826543-Familiar-Alaska