*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1827097-First-Love
Rated: E · Other · Religious · #1827097
Jesus came with power that healed, gave back life ...
Love is God. Love is the essence of life in Heaven and that love is accessible through only one source, God the Father of all creation. God is the love that saves all mankind from the ultimate punishment for sin and a life lived in sin – death.

Only the love of God delivers man from his cravings for destruction and vice.

Good News and Joy to the world the Lord is come and now is the time to rejoice in Him. You know that Jesus came as a baby. This has been documented in every form of literature, media and tradition for thousands of years. Jesus the baby, so angels told shepherds and wise men, is to be celebrated. Many do.

If that was the end of a nice Christmas story, there wouldn’t be much reason to do more than what we do at Christmas time; get together with family and friends, share gifts, tell stories, play games and generally celebrate our lives. 

But the baby Jesus grew up. He grew as a man, but unlike every other man, he was guiltless, sinless and full of the Holy Spirit and power. He confronted charlatans of religion of his day and made it perfectly clear to all who heard him exactly what a loving God requires and what man must do to be saved.

Because Jesus came with power that healed, gave back life and took control over the forces of nature, he became a popular figure. A super star. But because he spoke against dead religion and the ignorance of those that practiced it, evil men afraid of losing their power, plotted to destroy him. Jesus, at the same time demonized these same men and revealed how stupid and evil their traditions were.

The love the crowds had for Jesus instantly became hate as the threat of losing their place in the Synagogue became a reality and with the help of Judas, one of his own disciples, they handed Him over to Roman authorities to be nailed to a cross. There on Golgotha He died like a criminal in front of his mother, brothers, and closest friends.

He was buried in a tomb that same day. In the tomb he stayed for two days, but on the third day, He rose again from the dead.  He visited for many days those who had been His closest friends. He preached to them and gave them instructions and then before a crowd of 500 witnesses went up into the clouds into heaven where He lives right now and rules with His father God.

Jesus established on earth through his life, death and resurrection that He is the Son of God.  Through the instructions He left with His disciples and by the power He has now in the Kingdom of heaven He has established his church. The church He established has prevailed against every kind of oppression and tyranny that has tried to destroy it. But because the church bears the name of the Lord Jesus Christ as the only light to a dark and depraved world it will continue to proclaim God’s glory doing the same work Jesus began over 2,000 years ago. 

Today I write to honor the one who has redeemed me and my household from the power of sin and death.

If you have never received new life through Jesus, then here is an opportunity to obtain the gift that was offered to all mankind through the Good News you have just read. The Bible says that every man who calls upon the Lord will be saved.  All good things come to those who will wait for the salvation of the Lord. Simply: read the book of Mark in the Bible  and do what it says. Pray to the Lord to forgive your sins, purify your soul and give you the gift of salvation through Jesus. Even in that simple prayer you will experience new life.

With the new life you now live in Christ Jesus you will want to associate with others who have made the decision to be a follower of Christ Jesus. This will require visiting churches to find one that welcomes you and makes you feel at home.

If you would like some assistance, prayer or counsel please email your request to: 111kbradfdord@gmail.com

You can experience the greatest life by giving your life to Jesus. 
© Copyright 2011 ♫~ Kenword~♫ (kenword101 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1827097-First-Love