*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1827789-The-second-time-around
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Women's · #1827789
allow for second chances and forgive but always set limits
They say if you love someone or something and you let it go, if it comes back to you it’s yours to keep or it was meant to be. Well to a certain degree this could be very true. Love takes time to mature; you know, get all the nooks and crannies out. Nothing is perfect and only time tells if that someone or something is worth your while. While love can be difficult at times, it’s those difficult times that help build a relationship and make it stronger. Love endures so much and sometimes letting it go for a while can help you realize what is best for you or if love is really what you want. Taking a break from anything is always good because during that time one can find what is most important to them, you’ll see that, ok this is really bad or this is really good and I need to be wiser in making decisions that can could potentially last forever.
Some say the second time around is a charm and everything from the first time should have taught you a lesson, lessons that will help you get it right the second time around. Not many people will agree with your decision if the relationship (work, significant other, etc.) was rocky or drama filled, but know that your choice is your choice. Life is continually schooling us, and no matter what happens good or bad there will be a lesson learned. You have to follow your intuition and that gut instinct that was given to you.

This does not mean jump back into a relationship that was abusive (emotionally, mentally, physically, spiritually), but applies to relationships that were miss-guided by a lack of communication, by letting others into your personal space, or maybe it just didn’t work out at that time for whatever reason. Based on the situation and circumstance (most not all) people deserve a second chance and you should always forgive, not for them but for you.
What is your take, do you give second chances?
© Copyright 2011 writing for me (abraxton at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1827789-The-second-time-around