*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1828331-A-Plain-Life
Rated: E · Short Story · Drama · #1828331
A woman who finds life inside her head more appealing than the hard plain life she leads.
EPILOG:


My name is Gwendalyn. I've led a plain life as lives go. Suffered more than my fair share of unkind luck. I've tolerated motherhood to a child who could never share or give any amount of love. A wife in an unloving marriage that has lasted longer than prudence should have allowed. Friend to those who cared to be one.

The only thing that truely sets me apart from others is what happens in my mind. What goes on behind the hazel eyes. The stage, the characters, the floral of imagination. They never know that a word or phrase from them could send my mind running down a road to a story. Some of these stories, if good enough, have stayed with me my whole life. My mind building on the story and its charaters year to year until a world I can escape to has developed.

When things get lonely, scary, hurtful, I go to the worlds in my mind. Resting there, loved there, safe there, until the wind of trouble blows past the shell of my body. Returning only when it is safe to come out of hiding.

So often I smile to myself when others think me far from sharp minded. Laugh when they consider me ignorant. For little do they know there are new worlds out there that I have made. Lives that I have created, a birth harder than new mothers could ever imagine. Worlds that I have hammered out every detail until that world and its characters were as vivid as the one those who call me stupid know and walk in.

In these worlds and in these lives I am GOD! Moving people around to please my desires. Changing their minds to suit my moods. Making them whole or taking away.

Yes there I am GOD.

Here?

I live a plain life.
© Copyright 2011 tinaraccoon (tinaraccoon at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1828331-A-Plain-Life