*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1828581-Stop-Living-on-your-Knees
Rated: 18+ · Column · Experience · #1828581
Shut the fuck up. Read this post. And do something with your life.
Are you? Do you fall asleep every night knowing that you’re secure? Stable? And do you awaken each morning, with a zest for life? Greeting every day with a smile? …………. I didn’t think so.



Want to know what’s holding you back? You. You are the only person holding yourself back from all there is, all that you can achieve. You make the excuses, the justifications. You procrastinate. You will miss your chance, even if you don’t realise until thirty years from now.



Take a risk. If you fall, learn from it. “Take a chance & if it changes your life… Let it.” From the age of thirteen-fourteen, I had always felt immensely drawn towards Melbourne. I knew that I had to live there. I didn’t move to the city of my dreams until I was twentytwo. I allowed people, my job, my ‘security’ to refrain me from making the decision that I was destined to make. And it wasn’t until everything that I loved became everything that I had lost.. That I finally booked that one way flight. I left Perth four days later. Now I believe, in retrospect, that the Universe decided I had avoided fate far too long, so I was given the chance to begin again. Originally, I said that I’d only be here a few months.. But on the flight here, I knew that I would never move back to that city. I’m living my dream, well one of my many dreams. All I had to do was take a chance. All you have to do is jump… So jump.



“And the day came that the risk it took to remain tight inside the bud was more painful than the risk that it took to blossom.” - Anais Nin



© Copyright 2011 Brooklyn Brutality (blynbrutality at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1828581-Stop-Living-on-your-Knees