*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1829071-Today-Is-The-Day
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Drama · #1829071
An Argument Leads To Revelations About A Married Couple
“Today is the day I'm finally going to convince Daniel not to divorce me.” Deanna thought to herself, taking in the small cramped hotel room, she was staying in. “Yes he caught me having sex with his son but I explained that and he knows why I did what I did. He was spending so much time with Tonya, that it was a natural conclusion that they were having an affair.”

A small knock on her door surprised her. Grabbing an empty vodka bottle from the dresser, she peeked out the peep hole. Standing on the other side of the door was her husband and in his hands were a dozen roses. Throwing open the door, she tried to wrap her arms around her estranged partner. He pushed her away, and forced his way past her, dropping the flowers on her unmade bed. She summoned her courage and smiled “Daniel, you came to see me! I knew you would, I know we can work everything out and we can go back to the way things were, before all of this unpleasantness!”

“DeAnna, get a hold of yourself will you?” He surveyed the room, noting all of the empty beer and other assorted alcohol bottles. It appeared as though the room hadn’t been cleaned in weeks, as there were takeout containers, papers and who knew what else in the trash piles throughout the room. He looked back at his wife, noting that she looked more fragile than ever before. “I came over here to talk about the divorce and make sure you’ve talked to your attorney,” He paused when he heard someone sneezing. “Do you have company?”

“No of course not, no one wants to see me. Isn’t that how you want it? Me alone and isolated from your precious friends, it’s not as if they would talk to me anyways. The only reason they ever tolerated me was because of you,” The anger exploded out of her as though it were lava flowing from a volcano. There was no way that she was going to allow Daniel to get rid of her so easily. “If you’re not here to work things out with me, then why are you here? I am not signing the divorce papers, we took vows and I intend to honor them.”

“Was fucking my son part of our vows? Tell me DeAnna what vows are we allowed to keep and what vows can we break? Since apparently you are making all of the rules now, why don’t you tell me?” He took a deep breath to calm himself; he had not seen her since he found her and his son making love on the floor. It was an image that would be forever seared into his brain; it haunted him in his dreams. “You can sleep with other people but you expect me to stay around and watch you do it?”

“I wasn’t the only one fooling around was I? I’m just the one who got caught, but you were out with Tonya getting whatever you wanted, whenever you wanted from her. Don’t play innocent with me, we are both guilty of infidelity but you like to play the martyr,” She spied an open bottle of vodka and moved towards it. She knew he was watching her, so she took her time opening the bottle. Then as the liquid burned her throat she smiled at him, holding the bottle put to him “Want some? No of course you don’t, you just want to go to church and complain about your no good whore of a wife. Let me tell you something Daniel, I will show up at church and I will tell everyone about your affair with the Sainted Tonya.”

Tears clung to his eyes, the state that the woman before him was in made it difficult to be upset with her. The battle with the bottle was one that she had fought so hard to win; it broke his heart that she was now losing that battle. Gingerly he walked over to her and took the bottle out of her hand. “This isn’t how I wanted things to end. You are the mother of my three youngest children and I love you, DeAnna. I truly do love you and wanted our marriage to work but there is just no coming back from you having sex with my son. Taking out the fact that he’s only 18, you are his stepmother and should have known better. Whether you thought I was cheating or not, the answer should never have been to get drunk and sleep with another man.”

“How’s it up there on your high horse? You were out slipping your cock into any available hole, while you expected me to stay at home and do nothing. You wanted me to be the perfect wife who kept her legs closed while you slipped it to anyone who would you,” Sitting on the bed she opened the nightstand drawer and handed him pictures that conveyed her message. “I believe that’s you and Tonya having sex in one of these hotel rooms, oh and my personal favorite is you in bed with Pastor Clive. I’m sure that would go over big at church wouldn’t it?”

“Where did you get these pictures DeAnna? How did you get them?” His breathing was labored, his face as white as the snow that was falling outside. He wanted to tear the pictures up and pretend that they did not exist but he knew that there were more than this set. “How and why did you get these pictures? Answer me damn it DeAnna!!!”
She snatched the bottled back from him and took another swig. “I warned you not to hurt DeAnna; you should have listened to me,”
“Why are you talking in third person? Are you that drunk?”

“I am not DeAnna, we both know that,” She stared at him. “I am Caroline and I will settle the score with you, Daniel”

Word Count 1000
© Copyright 2011 Author Ed Anderson (spaz11081 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1829071-Today-Is-The-Day