*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1829527-Incognito-Au-Pair
by Pricey
Rated: 13+ · Script/Play · Thriller/Suspense · #1829527
To uncover a murderer faith made her a victim...
INT.BEDROOM-HOTEL-DAY

DUBAI: Suzie sits in a sofa watching cartoons while taking some ice cream. Moments later, her mobile phone rings and she receives the call after 5 minutes.



SUZIE

(casual tone)

Peace be unto. How are you doing sir?



BOSS

(chuckles)

Seems you’re enjoying yourself there.



SUZIE

I sure am. Currently watching cartoons while having some strawberry ice cream. Later would go for a dip in the pool then shopping. Then-



BOSS

(interrupting)

Suzie, we have a problem. We received news about it yesterday.



SUZIE

I’m not going to talk about business sir, I’m on holiday please respect that.



BOSS

I know but believe me there’s none more competent than you for this.



SUZIE

Nonetheless, I’m on vacation sir, I would appreciate it if you don’t-



BOSS

(says and hangs up)

Miss Blunt, I’m sorry I have to interrupt your vacation. I would send you relevant details on the case today. Be expecting an email soon.



SUZIE

(rises and exits room afterwards)

Mr. Johnson… hello? Hello sir? Damn! I can’t do this. I’m on holiday and that’s how it would be!



INT. BATH-CONTINUE

Moments later, she’s under the shower.



INT. LIVING ROOM-DAY

Someone knocks on the door for 3 minutes and disappears when none answers it.



EXT.BEDROOM-DAY

Suzie locks the room door and takes out the key. She’s draped in a pretty, short-sleeves, knee-length blue dress and carries a stylish black handbag with her. She exits the place.



INT.LIVING ROOM-CONTINUE

She glances round the room and walks to the door to exit the room when the knocks sound again.



SUZIE

Who is it?



ROOM SERVICE

(male voice)

It’s room service madam.



SUZIE

(peeps via a small round hole on door)

Come in.



ROOM SERVICE

(enters with a vase of flowers)

Good day madam, I was asked to bring you this.



SUZIE

Who sent you?



ROOM SERVICE

(still carrying vase)

The receptionist. But she didn’t send it.



SUZIE

(smiles)

Of course. Place it on the center table please.



ROOM SERVICE

Alright, enjoy your day madam.



SUZIE

(hands him some tip)

Wait, have this. Thank you.



ROOM SERVICE

(excited at amount)

Thank you madam, thanks a lot.



SUZIE

You’re welcome. Bye.



ROOM SERVICE

(exits room)

Bye.



She looks through the collection of roses and tulips for a note identifying the sender but doesn’t find one. 5 minutes later, her phone rings, not a call but a message alert tone. She picks it out of her bag and reads it: Meet me at the pool side, I’m waiting.  She slowly shakes her head and dials the number that came with the message. It doesn’t go through though she tries again. Subsequently, she exits the room.



INT.RECEPTION-DAY

Suzie speaks to the lady receptionist at the desk.



SUZIE

Excuse me miss. I received these flowers from a room service guy. He said he received it from here to be given to me-



LADY RECEPTIONIST

Sorry madam, but I just arrived here. It must have been another receptionist.



SUZIE

Oh ok. However, I don’t need them. I already have a ton in my room could you please dispose it off for me?



LADY RECEPTIONIST

Dispose off these?



SUZIE

Yes or do whatever you like with them. I don’t wish to create a green house in my hotel room.



LADY RECEPTIONIST

(smiles)

Alright. I’d take care of them.



SUZIE

(says and places a kiss on her cheek)

Thanks, you’re a darling.



Receptionist abruptly looks around to see if any one is staring. No one is and she quickly wipes her cheek with the veil on her head. She watches Suzie walk away with a bit of a frown on her face.



INT.RESTAURANT-DAY

Moments later, Suzie arrives at a restaurant beside the hotel and takes a seat in the middle of the sparsely-packed room. 3 minutes later, a waiter walks to her and places a menu leaflet on her table.



WAITER

(hands her leaflet)

Good day madam, please take a look at the menu and make your order.



SUZIE

(says after 2 minutes)

Thanks. I’d like some goat pizza and a glass of juice.



WAITER

Ok. There is a family-size pizza-



SUZIE

(interrupts)

Family size. I have my family with me.



WAITER

Oh that’s nice. Packaged or you’d take it here?



SUZIE

Package please.



WAITER

(says and walks away)

Alright, would be right back.



A minute after waiter’s left, another message comes on her phone. She immediately takes out the phone, turns it off and places it back in her bag. 5 minutes later, waiter arrives with her order and goes away. She picks a piece of the pizza and places it in the saucer under the glass of juice and starts eating. Seconds later, a familiar voice sounds behind her.



CO-AGENT

May I sit by you miss?



SUZIE

(smiles)

Fareed. What in heaven’s name are you doing here?



CO-AGENT

(says and sits)

Also on holiday.



SUZIE

How did you know I was here?



CO-AGENT

I didn’t know. I just came upon you.



SUZIE

Liar. You shouldn’t try lying ‘cos you’re the worst I know of. I suppose you sent me the flowers too.





CO-AGENT

What flowers?



SUZIE

A few minutes ago I received a vase with lots of tulips and roses. You asked the receptionist to give it to me right?



CO-AGENT

No, I haven’t sent anyone flowers least of all you.



SUZIE

You’re sure about this?



CO-AGENT

Absolutely. It must have been someone else-



Suzie abruptly rises and picks her handbag and pizza and tends walking away.



CO-AGENT

(rises and follows her)

Hey, where’re you going?



SUZIE

I’ve got to find out who sent me those. Might be an enemy.



CO-AGENT

(seizes her arm)

No, it isn’t. It was me.



SUZIE

(quickly turns to face him)

You?



CO-AGENT

Yes. Me. I was a bit confused that’s why I denied.



Suzie stares at him for a moment and smiles.





INT.BOSS’S OFFICE-CIC-DAY

USA: At the Criminal Investigative Company (CIC), Suzie’s boss discusses the latest case with his assistant. Boss sits at his desk with his assistant.



BOSS

Palleti Stones, headed by Andre Palleti the man we’re to investigate. By the informant he’s as dubious as the stones he sells.



ASSISTANT

Any evidence to augment our belief in his claim?



BOSS

Unfortunately no. That’s to say he isn’t part of those responsible for packaging the false stones. Yet, even if he was it would be almost impossible to hide anything from the hundreds of hidden cameras watching from above.



ASSISTANT

So how did he come by the allegation then?



BOSS

A friend of his told him. One of his co-workers. He got to know about it somehow and fed him the news. Informant claims he demanded a pay increment for the entire working staff in order to keep the secret. Something he was granted.



ASSISTANT

A big company like Palleti Stones and low wages? Was it blackmail or a genuine request?



BOSS

Hard to tell. Informant said pay wasn’t bad though. Well, aside from the increment there was an end-of-year party. The first ever and the last for the informant’s friend. He suffered a heart attack and visited the hospital but never came back.



ASSISTANT

I suppose he believes Palleti was responsible.



BOSS

What do you think?



ASSISTANT

Not guilty until proven so. I stand by the law. Anyway, I checked his profile via the company’s website. He’s obviously Italian but speaks bits of english. He’s been married for 16 years with no child. Company has a work force of 20 people made up of 17 men and 3 women. There seem to be nil vacancies at the moment except the one you created for Suzie.



BOSS

Yep, it’s time Palleti got one, for our own good.





INT. BEDROOM-HOTEL-NIGHT

DUBAI: Suzie sits in bed talking to her white foster parents via Skype.



SUZIE

(to mum)

I miss you so much mum, dad. I can’t wait to see you…



MUM

We miss you too darling. When would you be coming home?



SUZIE

Soon, in a month’s time when my school goes on vacation.



DAD

That’s fine. Just 2 weeks left for the month to end.



SUZIE

Do tell Sam and Laura I called and I miss them a lot. I’d try to come online again when they get back.



MUM

Don’t bother. We’d give them your message and tell them to call you when they’re free.



SUZIE

Alright. Ok, good night, I have to sleep now. Tomorrow is another day at school.



DAD

Sure baby, have a sound sleep, we love you.



SUZIE

I love you too bye.



DAD & MUM

Bye.





INT. PALLETI’S OFFICE-COMPANY-DAY

ITALY: Andre Palleti sits at his desk talking on the phone with a client. They speak Italian.



PALLETI

I received your request from my secretary. It would be ready in 2 days time. Expect it by then. I’m sorry my friend but that’s the earliest possible time of delivery. Ok, thank you see you soon. Bye.



Immediately after call’s ended, he dials a number and orders someone to the office.



PALLETI

I need you here at once.



Five minutes later, a young lady knocks and enters the room, his coffee and meals deliverer. He speaks Italian with her.



PALLETI

Come in.



MAID

(places it on desk)

Your coffee sir. Any thing else?



PALLETI

(rises and walks to her)

Yes.



He starts kissing her but she refuses him a minute afterwards.



PALLETI

Why? What’s wrong? Don’t you want your money anymore?



MAID

I’m getting married in 7 days. I won’t be working here any longer.



PALLETI

Why didn’t you tell me earlier on?



MAID

What difference would it have made? Would you have married me instead?



PALLETI

(holds her arms)

Don’t get married. Stay with me and I’d pay you double for your work.



MAID

(says and turns to walk away)

Sorry I have to go now. I won’t be coming back sir, I quit today.



PALLETI

3,000 Euros a month. Can he afford that in a year?



MAID

(says and walks out)

We love each other and that’s enough for me.



He watches her leave and reveals a soft smile.



INT. SUZIE’S PARENTS’ HOME-LAURA’S ROOM-NIGHT

15-year-old Laura Blunt has returned home at 8:00. She wears a sports jersey and drops her bag onto her bed and walks to the door to exit the room when her mum immediately enters the room.



LAURA

(startled)

Ah!



MARTHA

How’re you?



LAURA

Fine mum. I’m coming from volley ball practice.



MARTHA

So it seems. Sam told us it ended 3 hours ago. That’s at 5:00. So tell me where you’ve been since then.



LAURA

I was at Melinda’s place going over some home work with her.



MARTHA

Dear, I don’t doubt your lies. I spare you today but not again. Go and take your meal and visit the shower immediately.



LAURA

I’m sorry it won’t happen again.



MARTHA

When would you mean it?



LAURA

I mean it.



MARTHA

Alright.





INT.COUPLE’S ROOM-NIGHT

Martha arrives at bedroom and finds Ron, her husband sitting in bed working on his lap top.



MARTHA

I thought you were already asleep.



RON

Just proofreading something little. How is Laura?



MARTHA

Fine. She promised not to lie to me again.



RON

She doesn’t need to. Did you find out where she went?



MARTHA

She said she was at Melinda’s place but it’s obviously a lie.



RON

I’d speak to her tomorrow after school.



MARTHA

Thanks.



Ron closes laptop.



MARTHA

Do I turn off the light now?



RON

Yes you may.



Martha turns off switch on the wall beside the bed and gets into bed.



INT. PALLETI’S OFFICE-DAY

Palleti speaks to his P.A (personal assistant) on an order request. P.A stands while Palleti sits at his desk. They speak Italian.



PALLETI

How many boxes have we?



P.A

About 50 sir.



PALLETI

Can you be more specific?



P.A

50 boxes sir.



PALLETI

Good. I need you to package a box for a client.



P.A

Yes sir. Anything else sir?





PALLETI

Nothing else. Go.



P.A nods his head and walks away.



INT.BEDROOM- HOTEL-DAY

Suzie lies in bed asleep while her phone rings. It continues until in stops after 5 minutes.



INT.SUZIE’S PARENTS’ HOME-KITCHEN-DAY

Laura dials Suzie’s number again yet none picks it up. She places the phone onto the dinning table and eats the sandwich before her. She wears pyjamas. A minute later, Sam enters the room.



SAM

(says and opens fridge)

Good morning!



Laura doesn’t respond. Sam picks a small box of juice and shuts the door.



SAM

Have you seen the bread?



LAURA

In the oven.



SAM

Thanks.



Sam picks bread from oven, places it on the table in a tray and cuts 6 thin slices into a plate. He then sits down to eat. After 3 minutes, Laura suddenly speaks.



LAURA

(softly)

Can I ask you a question?



SAM

Quickly ‘cos I don’t want to be late.



LAURA

Do you have a girl friend?



SAM

(chuckles)

Why do you want to know?



LAURA

Yes or No?



SAM

No. Is that all?



LAURA

(nods head)

Yes.



SAM

I’m off to bathe. I’d be leaving in 20 minutes so be ready if you want to join me.



LAURA

I know where the bus stop is.



SAM

(says and walks away)

Who’s talking about picking the bus? Dad’s sending me, he’s leaving early today. 



Laura appears surprised at his statement.



INT.KITCHEN-HOTEL-DAY

DUBAI: Suzie eats while chatting with Fareed on the phone.



SUZIE

(chuckles and says)

I think I’d love to meet your mum...



FAREED (O.S)

My mum doesn’t live here besides parents are divorced.



SUZIE

Sorry to hear about that.



FAREED

But you can still come. There’s a large swimming pool, a beautiful lawn for picknick and enough room for us…



Suzie chuckles.



FAREED

I mean enough rough for us to practice dancing.



SUZIE

I thought of that.



FAREED

Anyway, I sent you a mail yester night, have you read it?



SUZIE

No, I didn’t know. What’s it about?



FAREED

It’s a secret. Read it and get back to me. Sorry I have to go now-



SUZIE

Of course, we’d talk later bye.



FAREED

Bye.





INT. BOSS OFFICE-CIC-DAY

Suzie walks into the room while her boss stands at his desk, waiting to welcome her.



BOSS

(cheerfully)

Miss Blunt, I’m glad you responded to my call.



SUZIE

This is the last time I’d quit my vacation-



BOSS

I know that. That’s why I’m raising the bar: you’d get double for this should you pull it off as usual.



SUZIE

(says and sits down)

I don’t care about the money. I only need some rest.



BOSS

I wonder how Fareed convinced you to come?



SUZIE

He didn’t. What’s my job this time?



BOSS

Didn’t you read the mail I sent you?



SUZIE

No. Could you kindly tell me what it is about?



BOSS

(hands her a leaflet)

He’s Andre Palleti, a well-known seller of diamonds. Yet in his case, they aren’t so genuine.



SUZIE

How did you know that?



BOSS

An informant told me. He claims a co-worker of his discovered so and told him but after he passed away-



SUZIE

I read the mail. What if Palleti doesn’t hire me as you want?



BOSS

A man like Palleti wouldn’t let you walk away without a job, believe me.



INT. PALLETI STONES-OFFICE-DAY

A day later: Palleti meets with a client. Palleti’s P.A and the man’s double body guards stand in the room. Palleti and the client sit at his desk. client admires some of the diamonds in his palm. Before the client is a small, black, rectangular box with a cushioned inner part. In the box are the client’s diamonds.



PALLETI

Fine diamonds aren’t they?



CLIENT

They couldn’t have been better. May I ask where you get your diamonds from Mr. Palleti?



PALLETI

My diamonds are authentic sir, acquired from earth it self.



CLIENT

Have you ever heard of synthetic or cultured diamonds? They could look exactly as these.



PALLETI

True but after 10 years of being in business, I have not received a single complaint-



1 CLIENT

(chuckles)

Pardon me that was a joke. Besides, this isn’t my first time of buying from you.



PALLETI

Really? When was the last time we met?



CLIENT

About 3 months ago. I sent Jorge, my assistant. He is Spanish. Do you remember him? No, you don’t. You receive hundreds of requests-



PALLETI

Exactly.



1 CLIENT

(rises)

Well, thanks for your service. I’d be leaving now.



PALLETI

(rises)

My assistant would escort you outside.



CLIENT

(exits room afterwards)

Thanks but I can manage. Good bye.



Palleti watches him as he leaves.  A minute later, he speaks to his P.A.



PALLETI

Carlos, find out who that man is. I need some info. by tonight.



P.A

(says and exits room)

Yes sir.



Moments after he’s left, Palleti dials a number.



PALLETI

I need you here immediately.



5 minutes later, the man arrives.



WORKER

Sorry sir, I was away-



PALLETI

I need you to verify the authenticity of some notes for me. Can you do that?



WORKER

Yes sir, but it would take time.



PALLETI

Get me someone who can as soon as possible.



WORKER

(says and exits)

Yes sir.



A moment later, Palleti opens the drawer on his desk and brings out a Euro note from a pack of bundles. He feels it with his finger and stares contemplatively at it. 



INT.LAURA’S SCHOOL-CAFETERIA-DAY

Laura sits with a female friend at a table. They eat while chatting.



LAURA

I wish I were in your shoes. No mum or dad to keep a stern eye on me all day.



CLARA

It isn’t fun at all believe me. Anyway, I’m lucky to have Vera, my maid. She’s a 26-year-old French and very nice. We do virtually everything together; shopping, cooking, dining-



LAURA

Bathing?



CLARA

(chuckles)

Silly. Of course not. She’s like a mother to me.



LAURA

I’m happy for you. By the way, I have something to tell you. I have a friend now, a male friend.



CLARA

(a bit loud)

Oh a boyfriend! Wow congratulations!



LAURA

Quiet please. He’s a white Turk Caner is his name. He works at a computer firm and lives alone here.



CLARA

Wow, sounds exotic. When do I meet him?



LAURA

One of these days on a weekend.



CLARA

(says with a smile)

Right. We’d take some photos too right?



LAURA

(smiles)

Left.



EXT. BUS STOP-DAY

Laura stands at the station waiting for the bus when her phone rings and she answers immediately in a cheerful tone.



LAURA

Hi! Genius, how’re you?



CANER (O.S)

Great. How about you? Are you happy?



LAURA

(says and chuckles)

I’m fine and yes I am happy. What a question…



CANER

(chuckles too)

I needed to know how you were feeling. I just got home. Are you home already?



LAURA

No, at the bus stop waiting for it.



CANER

(says and goes off the line)

Oh sorry.



LAURA

So, what’re you up to? How was your day?



There’s no response.



LAURA

Hello? Hello Caner? Hello?



5 minutes later, a black, pick-up pulls up beside her. The driver rolls down his window and talks to her.



CANER

Hi, you care to join me?



LAURA

(shocked)

Caner? How-



CANER

(says and smiles)

I was just around.



EXT. ROAD-DAY

They drive towards Laura’s home while chatting.



LAURA

I have a feeling you were waiting for me all along.



CANER

Why would I do that? Leave my job in the office and drive close to the bus stop and wait for you?



LAURA

Ok, may be you closed early today. That explains it perfectly ‘cos there’s no way you could have left your home-



CANER

Ok, I admit it. I’m on a week-long vacation.



LAURA

(chuckles)

Aha. I didn’t even think of that. Caner I think I’d get down here. I don’t want to raise eyebrows.



CANER

Whose? Your dad’s or mum’s?



LAURA

Both.



CANER

Ok, drop down here.



LAURA

(says and exits car)

Thanks for the ride, hope to see you tomorrow same time.



CANER

Sure. Good night.



LAURA

(walks away)

Good night. Bye.



Caner waits till she’s out of sight then pulls away.



EXT. SUZIE’S PARENTS’ HOME-DAY

3 days later: Suzie rings the bell standing behind the gate.



INT. LIVING ROOM-DAY

Sam sits before the set watching a movie. The volume of the set being high.



INT.KITCHEN-DAY

Laura cooks a meal. She hears the bell ringing and cries to Sam to see to the person.



LAURA

Sam, see who is at the gate!



EXT.FRONT DOOR-DAY

Suzie walks to the front door and suddenly turns the handle of the door. Sam is startled.



SAM

(rises quickly from sofa)

Who is there?



SUZIE

It’s me. How’re you?



SAM

(excited runs to hug her)

Suzie!



Momentarily, Laura arrives at the place and hugs her.



LAURA

Suzie!

SUZIE

Oh dear I miss you so much…



INT.KITCHEN-CONTINUE

Suzie eats of the meal Laura cooked sitting at the dinning table.



LAURA

It’s delicious isn’t it?



SUZIE

Yes but pepper is a bit high and salt is almost nil.



LAURA

I know, I did that on purpose. I like a lot of pepper and low salt.



SUZIE

(adds salt)

Oh I didn’t know that. Anyway, adding a little bit of salt would make it tastier. Mmm, I told you. It’s delicious!



Laura adds some salt to hers. Suddenly, Martha and Ron’s voice fill the room.



MARTHA (O.S)

TV this early? Have you done your homework already?



RON (O.S)

Let him please. He’d do so afterwards.



SAM (O.S)

Yes mum I will.



INT. KITCHEN-DAY

Martha and Ron arrive at the place to find Laura seated and eating. Ron walks to the fridge and takes out a bottle of water while Martha washes her face in the sink.



LAURA

Welcome back dad, mum. I made you some food.



MARTHA

(sitting down)

Mmm, smells and looks good. Thank you.



RON

(sits and tastes)

Mmm, great taste. I never knew we had a chef in this house.



LAURA

Mum, you have a visitor.



MARTHA

Who?



Immediately, Suzie emerges from under the table.



SUZIE

Me.



MARTHA

Oh, Suzie darling.



SUZIE

(hugs mum and dad)

How’re you mum, dad?



DAD & MUM

Fine. Very well.



SUZIE

(chuckles)

I’m happy you are. I had to come today because I hear my school isn’t going to vacate next month. The kids are preparing to take their exams so no holiday.



MARTHA

Alright.



INT. PALLETI’S HOME-COMPOUND-DAY

ITALY: Palleti sits in a chair on the lawn reading a paper. By him is a small table with a quarter-filled glass of Cognac and a bottle of it in a tray. A woman approaches him from a distance, Rachel, his 30-year-old wife. She’s draped in a glittering, short blue dress. She walks quietly behind him and whispers into his ears. She speaks Italian.



RACHEL

(whispers)

How’re you darling?



PALLETI

Good. Enjoying the weather.



RACHEL

Yes, it’s indeed lovely. Andre, when would you be free?



PALLETI

Why?



RACHEL

(sits down)

It’s been ages since we vacationed together. I have a great destination in mind. Somewhere in India, you’d love it.



PALLETI

Ok. We can go just before Christmas. I’d be less busy by then.



RACHEL

That’s 6 months away.



PALLETI

I know.



RACHEL

Alright. I’d wait then. Do excuse me I need to make a call.



Palleti nods and she rises and leaves.



INT. COUPLE’S ROOM-CONTINUE

Rachel enters room and locks the door after her. She opens a drawer in her closet and picks her phone and dials a number. It goes through and she speaks to a man.



RACHEL

Hello where are you?



P.A. (O.S)

Home.



RACHEL

Meet me in half an hour at the usual spot.



P.A

Alright, see you there.



Rachel hangs up.



EXT. COMPOUND-CONTINUE

Rachel now dressed in a short-sleeves blouse and a black trouser sit in a posh, black, salon car with 2 male bodyguards and a driver. Moments later, they pull away.



INT. RESTAURANT-DAY

Rachel enters room without guards and walks straight to the only person sitting at a table in a corner. They speak Italian.



RACHEL

(says and sits)

Well done for clearing the path.



P.A.

I didn’t. Restaurant isn’t opening today for a reason. I only paid to be let in.



RACHEL

All the better for us. Carlos, I need a favourable answer for my question. Andre had a girlfriend, yes or no?



P.A.

Yes but she’s no more thanks to you.



RACHEL

Don’t joke with me I’m serious. I want the truth.



P.A.

Fine. He did but they broke up. The girl got married recently.



RACHEL

(sternly)

Who is she? I need her details.



P.A.

Not necessary. They’re no longer together-



Rachel abruptly brings out a small bottle containing a colourless fluid from her handbag.



RACHEL

You see this, it’s what Alex died from. Pray your wife doesn’t end up like him.



P.A

There’s no need to do this Rachel. Please consider it.



Rachel stares sternly at him.



P.A.

(reluctantly)

I’d send you details in an email tonight. Excuse me.



P.A. walks away.



INT. PALLETI’S HOME-COMPOUND-NIGHT

7:00: Rachel sits outside talking to one of her guards who doubles as a murderer. They sit face to face on the lawn.



RACHEL

Go now and no mistakes.



GUARD/MURDERER

Be rest assured.



RACHEL

Good I want it done before dawn.



GUARD/MURDERER

(says and walks away)

Of course.



Shortly afterwards, a black, pick-up vehicle pulls away from the compound.



EXT. BEACH-NIGHT

A man and a woman lie on a mattress on a beach. The woman is Palleti’s maid, Tonia and the man her husband, Lucio. They chat in Italian.



TONIA

Are we really going to sleep here tonight?



LUCIO

Yeah. Are you afraid the waves would wash us away?



TONIA

More or less.



LUCIO

Impossible. Unless I let it happen.



TONIA

(chuckles)

I love you.



LUCIO

(kisses her passionately for a minute)

I love you more. Honey, I need to get something from inside. I’d be right back ok.



TONIA

Doesn’t it have a name?



LUCIO

Surprise, that’s its name.



TONIA

(chuckles)

Ok, don’t keep long.



LUCIO

(says and runs away)

I won’t. 5 minutes.



A moment later, a faceless man approaches her from behind and covers her mouth with a handkerchief. She faints and he carries her away.



INT.CAR-RIVER SIDE-NIGHT

Tonia awakens and finds herself in the backseat of a car with a masked man sitting beside her. She screams but the man doesn’t say a word. He only stares at her. They speak Italian.



TONIA

(says and pounds windows with her fists)

Who are you? Where am I?



GUARD/MURDERER

It’s plastic not glass.



TONIA

(abruptly slaps him)

Get me out of here! Get me out!



Immediately, his phone rings and he answers it.



GUARD/MURDERER

(answers and tells Tonia)

Yes she’s awake. You have a call.



Immediately, Rachel’s voice sounds aloud.



RACHEL (O.S)

(sternly)

You whore! You slept with my husband… now it’s pay back time. Say hello to your fathers on my behalf. Good bye.



TONIA

(startled)

Who is this? I can explain…please don’t let him kill me…please…



GUARD/MURDERER

(says and injects her with a syringe)

Too late for that miss. Time to go.



She immediately falls onto the cushion. Guard stares at her for a minute and dials Rachel’s number.



GUARD/MURDERER

Done.



INT.COTTAGE-BEACH-NIGHT

Lucio reports his missing wife to the police on the phone.



LUCIO

(crying)

Please come quickly…she’s gone…she just disappeared…



FEMALE VOICE

(says and hangs up)

Calm down sir, we’ll be right there.



Subsequently, he runs out of the room and goes up and down the shore crying his wife’s name.

LUCIO

Tonia! Tonia where are you? Tonia!





EXT. COTTAGE-BEACH-DAY

Lucio speaks with a police officer on Tonia’s disappearance.



LUCIO

This is where we were. Lying on this mattress. Then I went in to get some drinks and a lantern. When I returned…she was no where to be found.



DETECTIVE

How long were you inside?



LUCIO

About 10 minutes. I realized the lamp had fewer wicks so I fixed a new one.



DETECTIVE

And that’s what delayed you right?



LUCIO

Yes unfortunately.



DETECTIVE

Mr. Ferrari how well did you know your wife? Did she have any close friends? What did she do for a living before you married? Did she bear a grudge against anyone?



LUCIO

Tonia worked as a maid at Palleti Stones. She worked for the boss Mr. Andre Palleti as his coffee and meals server.



DETECTIVE

Coffee and mills server?



LUCIO

Yes please. That’s what she told me.



DETECTIVE

Alright, thanks for the info. I’d find out what I can from her employer.



LUCIO

Ok. Please do all you can to find her…I hope she’s alive…



DETECTIVE

(taps Lucio on shoulder and leave)

Take care and have faith.





INT. COTTAGE-CONTINUE

Lucio enters the room while a phone rings, Tonia’s phone which lies in the sofa. It says: Sylvia calling (in Italian). He slowly walks to it and picks it up after 3 minutes and feigns a cheerful and confident tone.



LUCIO

Hello, this is Lucio, Tonia’s husband-



SYLVIA

Of course, I know who you are. How’re you and my daughter?



LUCIO

We’re doing great, enjoying our honeymoon.



SYLVIA

I’m happy to hear that. Anyway, can I speak to Tonia? I miss her already.



LUCIO

Well, Tonia isn’t available at the moment. She went shopping.



SYLVIA

Shopping on her honeymoon? What else does she need aside from you?



LUCIO

(smiles)

A few necessities for us. I’d tell her you called.



SYLVIA

Alright. I’d call later then when she returns.



LUCIO

Ok mother, have a nice day.



SYLVIA

You too son, bye.



LUCIO

(ends call)

Bye.





INT. PALLETI’S OFFICE-DAY

Palleti speaks to the officer who spoke with Lucio on Tonia’s disappearance.



DETECTIVE

What kind of relationship existed between you two?



PALLETI

The usual boss, employee kind. What did you expect?



DETECTIVE

What did Tonia’s job entail?



PALLETI

She served me coffee and bought me lunch and dinner sometimes when I had to work late.



DETECTIVE

How relevant was her job sir? Couldn’t your secretary have easily taken up that responsibility?



PALLETI

I beg to differ sir. A secretary’s job doesn’t involve serving dishes. I have a personal assistant who supports me in my job. He can’t serve me coffee-



DETECTIVE

I know of P.A.s who do that and even more.



PALLETI

Could you please continue sir-



DETECTIVE

Did you know she was getting married Mr. Palleti?



PALLETI

She told me so yes I knew.



DETECTIVE

What was your response to that?



PALLETI

What could it be? I was happy for her. Tonia was a good employee, efficient and I’m deeply shocked by her sudden disappearance. I’m prepared to help in anyway I can to find her.



DETECTIVE

That’s so kind of you Mr. Palleti. However, may I ask this: would you do that for any of your other employees? Or is this a special case?



Palleti stares at him but doesn’t respond.



INT. TONIA’S MUM’S PLACE-LIVING ROOM

A day later: Detective and Lucio are ushered  by Matilde, Tonia’s sister into the room.



MATILDE

Please have a seat. I’d tell mother you are in.



LUCIO

Thanks.



MATILDE

(says and exits the room)

Excuse me.



DETECTIVE

Are you nervous?



LUCIO

I can’t help it. I wish I didn’t have to do this…I wish I came with good news like we were having our first child-



SYLVIA

Hello son, hello sir.



DETECTIVE

(rises)

Hello madam, I’m Martin, a friend of his.



SYLVIA

Nice to meet you. Lucio, you didn’t come with Tonia why?



LUCIO

Ah…she…mother I came with some news. I need to tell you this.



SYLVIA

(sits down)

Is it about Tonia? What is wrong? Tell me.



LUCIO

Mother, Tonia is missing. She disappeared a night ago. We were at-



SYLVIA

(immediately holds chest)

Ah…ah…



Lucio and detective rush to hold her.



DETECTIVE

(carries her)

We need to get her a doctor immediately. Open the door.



They exit the room. Seconds later, detective’s car pulls away from the compound. Matilde hears it and rushes to the room. She exits the room and sees the car leaving.



INT.HOSPITAL-WAITING ROOM-DAY

An hour later, Matilde arrives at the place and finds Lucio and the detective sitting in a coach. She walks to them and talks without sitting.



MATILDE

(to Lucio)

What happened to her?



LUCIO

(not staring at her)

She suffered a mild attack. Doctor says she’s fine.



MATILDE

What did you tell her? It must have been serious.



LUCIO

Matilde, please let’s think about your mother’s health for now. We can talk later-



MATILDE

(to detective)

Sir, could you please tell me what he told my mother? I believe I have a right to know.



DETECTIVE

Of course. But first promise you would not freak out like she did.



MATILDE

(sits)

Speak.



DETECTIVE

Your sister, Tonia is missing. She disappeared a night ago. Lucio was with her but left to get some drinks from their house nearby. When he returned she was no where to be found.



MATILDE

(to Lucio)

And you told her this? Why?



DETECTIVE

He had to. Wouldn’t have been right for her to find out later. Matilde, did your sister have any close friends you knew of?



MATILDE

Tonia had no friends except her mother and me. The only one I can think of is Andre, her former lover as she put it-



DETECTIVE

Andre Palleti?



MATILDE

(shocked stares at him)

Yes. How did you know? 



I
© Copyright 2011 Pricey (teddyprice at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1829527-Incognito-Au-Pair