*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1829594-Verbotene-Liebe
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Fantasy · #1829594
Verbotene liebe, forbidden love in German. A story of forbidden love.
         It was a cold Saturday morning, there was frost on my window. Great running weather, I thought sarcastically. I hastially got out of bed and threw on some apprropriate jogging clothes: a sweater, sweats, a beanie, and gloves. I glanced at my alarm clock, 6:10 am, I would still have time to shower and get ready for work. I left my room in a rush, then took a quick drink of orange juice straight from the carton the left my house through the back door. I was pacing myself as I ran into the thick forest behind my house. Dew was sprinkled everywhere, and the small amount gave the forest a fairytale look. I grinned, shaking my head gently. My morning run was comming close to an end when I spotted something sparkling behind a giant oak tree. I slowed my run to a casual walk, breathing hard.When I reached the oak tree, what greeted my eyes was a surprise, it was girl. A beautiful girl, around my age. "H-Hi," she stuttered out.
         "Hello, what are you doing out here?" Her wide green eyes looked up innocently at me.
         "I was.. jogging. Yeah, and I tripped and twisted my ankle, so I limped over to this tree." Her eyes darted away from me.I carefully looked at her attire, which didn't look fit for jogging, or this weather.
         "What is your name?" I asked her.
         "Amethyst, but if it's too long, you can call me Ame."
         "That's a unique name, is that why you're wearing that necklace? It is amethyst, right?" She nodded, her long, curly, black hair gently tumbling over her shoulder. I spoke again, "Here, give me your arm, you can come to my place until we figure out how bad your ankle is." I saw the hesitation in her eyes, but she still gave me her arm, which I wrapped around my neck as I went to pick her up. She winced loudly when I touched her back, causing me to pull away. "Your back hurts, too?" Her eyes were sparkling, tears beginning to fill her eyes.
         "Yeah, a little bit.." She quickly brushed away her tears. This time I picked her up, carefully this time, and began walking to my house with her in my arms. We were silent the whole way to my house. When we arrived, I set her down on my couch.
         "Would you like anything to drink? Water, maybe?" She silently nodded when I said water, so I left to the kitchen, grabbing her a glass of water. I brought it out to her and set it down on the side table. "May I feel your ankle? I might be able to tell if something is wrong with it." She shrugged her shoulders as I took her ankle in my hand. I gently prodded and poked, each time asking if it hurt. She never said yes.
         "Huh, it doesn't seem broken, not even swollen." I glanced at her, though trying to get something out of her was useless. Even her face was expressionless. I sighed, standing. "Can I see your back, I seemed to get more of a reaction when I touched there." Her eyes grew larger then they already were.
         "No. I just need some rest.. I'm sorry if this asking too much but may I stay here tonight?" I was hesitant, but she seemed harmless, so I nodded.
         "I have to go to work, you're welcome to any food or drinks. Um, here's the TV remote and there's movies in that case over there. The bathroom is just down the hall, to the left. Okay?" She nodded, as I left.

         When I arrived home at around 9:30, I found that Amethyst was gone, and a note lay where here water glass had been earlier that morning. In beautiful small hand writing it said:

Farewell,
I am sorry that I left without knowing your name.
Needless to say, I'm thankful that you were here this morning for me.
Don't fret too much about me.

Much appreciation for the kindness in your heart.
Excuse my absence, sorry

-Ame


The way she had wrote it was weird, it was in the format of a poem. I shrugged it off and went to take a shower.
         When I got out of the shower I decided today had been a weird and rough day so I needed some sleep for tomorrow. I walked into my room, and oddly enough saw my window open, and some glitter substance on the window pane. I sighed heavily and shut my window, brushing the glitter away. I plopped onto my bed, and fell into a deep sleep..
© Copyright 2011 Marissa Ann (innocentbeat14 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1829594-Verbotene-Liebe