*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1830143-A-Romantic-Evening
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Other · #1830143
Flash Fiction Entry for 12/3/11 A man prepares for a romantic evening
Ben couldn't be happier with himself.

He'd been working on this for hours, trying to ensure everything would be absolutely perfect: Georgia would walk in the front door and be greeted by the scented candles (Lilac, of course) that lined the hall to their bedroom. She'd then be enticed in to the room itself by the voice of Mr. Barry Manilow, entering to find their bed covered in rose petals and him standing behind it, a seductive smirk on his face. What better way to celebrate their anniversary?

Anticipating her arrival home any minute now, he lounged himself next to the bed and proceeded to lose himself in fantasies of tonight. They'd start off snuggling over the covers, building up to slowly undoing buttons and then finally move on to...

BRRRRRRIIIIIIING

Damn phone! Checking the caller ID, Ben was not surprised to find out that it was his little sister, Pearl, who had interrupted his fantasy. As a kid, she had rarely let him have a moment to himself, a trend which he feared would never stop.

"Sup, Baby?"

"Can we talk, Slim?"

Even in serious times like this, their childhood nicknames for each other persisted. Baby because she was obviously younger and Slim because Rob has always had the same physique as a stick. That trend Rob didn't mind.

"Pearl? You alright?"

"No...I've been fired again...I just don't know what to do! I feel like a screw up!"

"What? No! You're the greatest girl I've ever known!" He really meant that.

"Really? You love me?"

"Of course I love you, Baby!"

CLICK

Satisfied, Ben looks around the room just to get himself back in the mood. The mortified Georgia in the doorway does little to help.

"No, honey, it's not what you think! Don't leave!"

She leaves.

© Copyright 2011 Zachary Scott Hastings (wheeledjustice at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1830143-A-Romantic-Evening