*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1830655-Call-of-Love
Rated: E · Short Story · Romance/Love · #1830655
Original & True to life love story.
For me, it doesn’t really matter if you know him that much or not before you guys get into the so called “relationship”. What matters most is that when you’re into it, you never run out of things to explore. Every day is worth remembering and is something that reminds you of what you guys are holding unto.

---



         It was the final term of the first semester when we got real close to each other. It was my computer class and I have to stay ‘til 8pm for that. Every Tuesday’s schedule makes me sick. Anyway, I was seated on the second seat from the door and the first seat beside me is vacant. I was multitasking, listening to what my professor is continuously saying and doing in advance the hands-on activity I kno she will tell us to do, when someone I barely know entered the room. “He seems familiar. I must’ve bumped into him somewhere or the other way around,” I thought to myself. He was told to sit on the vacant seat beside me. I've had plans on ignoring him, but since my peers, and everyone else in the room know that I am real over friendly, I didn’t even hesitate to talk to him. Tristan. His name is Tristan.



Me: Hi. You graduated from high school here in this university, right?

Tristan: Uhm. Yea, I did.



         I was chatting with my best buddies, Jen and Sonia, when I unintentionally joked with Tristan. He was busy with the makeup activity he’s into. He smiled and feeling a lil’ bit comfy, asked me how the activity should be done.



Me: Aw. I really don’t know. I know we’ve done that. But I’ve forgotten how it’s done. Sorry. Wait. I can ask help from others.

Tristan: Uh, no need. I guess I’ll just have to read the procedure on how it’s done. Thanks.

Me: You sure?

He nodded. He smiled at me then continued what he had been doing.



I checked my wrist watch and sighed. An hour and a half more before it’s all over. I just can’t wait. I checked my buddies and chatted with them AGAIN. We were laughing like there’s no tomorrow when my attention was transferred to Tristan, who was, at that time, talking to his high school classmate, Del. They seemed real close.



Sonia: Anne! I’ve been talking here for ages already and your mind is nowhere in sight!

Me: Huh? Oh. Sorry. What was it that you were saying?

My peers laughed hard that even I can’t help it. I saw him laughed silently. I was slowly getting tired. “8pm. Please come fast,” was the thought that crosses my mind over and over.



Tristan: I’m nearly done. I can have it checked minutes from now.

Me: Nice. You are good.

Tristan: Can I get your number?

Me: Huh? O-okay. Sure!



He got his activity checked then bid goodbye to me and Del. It wasn’t long when I got a text from him. My heart thumped. He is really good, much of a gentleman.

Finally! “CLASS DISMISSED.” I got up first and fast to get my things from the shelf near the door to avoid the stampede. I waited for my peers to get out of the computer laboratory. It’s our daily routine to wait for each other and head home or atleast go out of the campus together. We have different lives outside the campus but we make sure we keep each other updated.
© Copyright 2011 fourteen <3 (ilyfourteen at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1830655-Call-of-Love