*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1830846-Mother-Natures-Discipline
Rated: · Other · Other · #1830846
A terrible child gets what he deserves.
"No sir, you don’t throw rocks,” Sammy’s mom, Linda, yelled from across the jungle gym. He looked up with an expression of pure hatred as his flying missile smacked the back of a small child constructing a sand castle. The girl cried as the rock slapped her tender, pale skin. It may have been a rock to anyone else but to her it was a gigantic brick beating her very breath away. Sammy’s mom, a hefty woman, waddled over to the scene, in attempt to comfort the little pig tailed girl. Her father charged toward Linda, to express his aversion to the recent events, while his wife tended to their daughter. In the midst of settling a dispute with an angry parent, once again, she reflected on how many times Sammy had put her in this situation. She questioned why her son was like this. What had she done to make him wicked? Was it even her fault? During her brief recollection she spotted Sammy atop the slide flapping his arms. She screamed as her child made bird sounds and jumped up and down. He pretended to be birds such as herons, parakeets and once a crow, but he had never been this reckless. Shuffling toward the slide she ordered him to stop, but as all disobedient children do, he ignored her. He jumped higher laughing at his mother’s helplessness. He decided he needed a big finish and attempted a dismount from the fifteen foot tall slide. He struggled for his footing on the landing. Hearing a long snap he and his mom screamed. Each family had to take their children to the emergency room. The girl got eight stitches in between her pigtails. Sammy received what he deserved, a green stick fracture on both his tibia and fibula.
© Copyright 2011 torhi23 (torhi23 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1830846-Mother-Natures-Discipline