*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1830859-Week-Two-Assignment---EWW
Rated: E · Assignment · Educational · #1830859
Week Two Assignment for The Exploratory Writing Workshop
Banner for Exploratory Writing Workshop

Central Character and World of the Story
Including Want-Need-Desire


*Bookstack3*   Writing Lectures   *Bookstack3*


*CheckB*   Please read the following objective discussions BEFORE beginning your writing this week.

*BulletO*  Lecture 1 - "Auditioning the Central Character
*BulletO*  Lecture 2 - "Discovering the Real Problem
*BulletO*  Lecture 3 - " A Want-Need-Desire (WND)
*BulletO*  Lecture 4 - "The Back Story
*BulletO*  Lecture 5 - "The Before Snapshot


*Vignette5*          *Vignette5*          *Vignette5*          *Vignette5*          *Vignette5*          *Vignette5*


*PenB*  Week Two Writing Assignments  *PenB*


*NoteO*  Practical Exercise #1

This exercise comes from Lecture #1.  Create a static item with a "Character Sketch Template for your central character, as well as a Prose Synopsis. 

*BulletO*  Post your completed Central Character Sketch in the "Classroom (Assignment Forum) of EWW as a bitem.
*BulletO*  Title your post: PE #1 and your name.


*NoteO*  Vignette Assignment

Write a 1-3K vignette following the prompt and post in the "Classroom (Assignment Forum) of EWW as a bitem.

         *CheckB*   Prompt

On a piece of paper or your computer screen write Chapter 1 and give it a title.

The time has come to write Vignette 1 of the Three Part Character Development Model.  You will be sketching the Central Character of the Novel you'll be writing.  Note: Please Write in Third Person Past Tense.  Write in any genre you choose; The Model works for all.

In this, your first vignette, give the reader a sketch of what you will be writing in Chapter 1.  Start if off in a world you are familiar with by introducing a Central Character (CC). Show the CC operating in the Story World.  Show his/her wants needs, and/or desires. Give the reader a glimpse of the Back Story and a Before Snapshot of the CC prior to the tempo picking up next lesson in vignette 2.  So while you are now only writing Vignette 1 be thinking of how Vignettes 1, 2, and 3 will flow together.  For now, show  the CC to start with, before things get hectic and lead to the Life Changing Event.

         *CheckB*   Checklist

Use this checklist to be sure you have included all of the vital aspects in your vignette.

*BulletO*  Have you named the 1st Chapter?
*BulletO*  Do you show a Central Character (CC)?
*BulletO*  Do you show the CC's Modus Operandi? (MO)
*BulletO*  Do you show the Story World?
*BulletO*  Do you show Want, Need and Desire?
*BulletO*  Do you show a deeper or hidden problem in the CC?
*BulletO*  Is this a world you have experience with?
*BulletO*  Is the CC on the cusp of the LCE?


*NoteO*  Lounge Forum Comments

Comment in the "Lounge for Exploratory Writing Workshop on at least two of your colleagues' comprehensive posts. Check to make sure all of your fellow writers have received comments.


         Remember  *BookStack3*   Learning from each other is an important aspect of a workshop.  Keep your comments positive, uplifting and full of encouragement.  Let Percy do the heavy lifting and be the bearer of sad tidings. *Bigsmile*


*Vignette5*          *Vignette5*          *Vignette5*          *Vignette5*          *Vignette5*          *Vignette5*


All aspects of this assignment are due no later than
Thursday, Midnight WDC time.


*Vignette5*          *Vignette5*          *Vignette5*          *Vignette5*          *Vignette5*          *Vignette5*



Percy Goodfellow - Workshop Instructor
percy goodfellow


*CheckB*   Links to The Exploratory Writing Workshop   *CheckB*

Welcome Letter - "Exploratory Writing Workshop Welcome
Introduction - "Intro - Exploratory Writing Workshop
Assignment Overview - "The Weekly Assignment Overview Page
Assignment Forum - "Classroom (Assignment Forum) of EWW
Dictionary of Writing Terms "Dictionary of Terms


** Image ID #1764610 Unavailable **
Ms. Katz - Head Administrator
*MailY* Katzendragonz *MailY*

 
© Copyright 2011 percy goodfellow (trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1830859-Week-Two-Assignment---EWW