*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1831307-Kidnapped-by-my-lover
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Thriller/Suspense · #1831307
A girl who gets kidnapped by her boyfriend or so she thought...
“I’m trying to protect you!”
“Protect me?! Protect me, you cannot be serious?” I can’t believe him! He thinks he’s protecting me. I think he’s out of his mind! How is stuffing me into a van protecting me?
“Listen to me. Chloe Bear-“
“Do not call me that!” What kind of nerve does he have to call me that, when he just abducted me?
“Fine, fine, just listen to me, please?”
I’m not going to answer him, he doesn’t deserve an answer. I mean really, what kind of boyfriend kidnaps their girlfriend?
“Chloes, there’s someone out there, someone who’ll hurt you.” He sounds like he’s telling the truth, but I’m not going to tell him that.
“One, my name is not Chloes, Chloe Bear, or any other nickname you’ve came up with. It’s Chloe to you, and two; the only one trying to hurt me is you!” He flinches, which makes me a teeny bit satisfied.
“Chloe, why don’t you believe me?”
“Why don’t I believe you?! Well let’s see here Eric, you duct taped my hands and feet together and stuffed me in this stupid van!!” He’s making me want to explode, why would he even ask a question that’s that stupid?
“I wouldn’t have to have done that if you would have done what you were told!”
That catches me off guard I have no witty comebacks to throw in his face, so I just stare straight ahead trying to figure out where we are. But I see nothing, just a few random bushes, and no clues for me to remember. Just air.
* * *
I can’t believe it! I fell asleep. I fell asleep and now I’m in what looks like a garage. He put me in a garage! There’s a window but it’s got boards on it. The garage door is nailed shut too. Then I see the regular door. How stupid would he be to leave this unlocked…? I grab the handle shake it once, twice, three times. It’s locked.
“Open this door!” I shout and I pound but still nothing. I notice a crack in the door. Looking through it I see a dog. Then a house across the street. We’re in a town!
“Someone help me! Please, help! I’ve been kidnapped.”
Suddenly the door swings open.
“No use in yelling, Chloe. There’s no one around to hear you.” He says it so calmly, like it is a brilliant plan. “Come on in the house.” He says holding out his hand. Instead of taking it I spit at him, which catches him by surprise. Before I know it though, his hand connects with my face. This catches me by surprise.
“You… you slapped me!” The fact that he actually slaps me makes me boil over with anger, then stuttering without meaning to makes me want to punch myself.
“I said come on.” This time his voice is a lot sterner, which frightens me, so I get up and follow him out the garage. We are in a town, but it seems to look abandoned. All the houses are nailed shut. The grass an ugly brown, like it hasn’t been taken care of in years. I wonder what happened here. Why did every one leave?
“They were all killed every single one of them. Thousands of them poisoned, by the next town over.” Gosh, I hate it when he does that; he could always do that, read my mind. Before I could even ask myself why we are here, he does it again.
“It’s safe here, he won’t find us here.”
“Okay one thing would you explain to me who is after me, if there is any one after me, and why are they after me?” Before he can answer me a high pitch squeal comes from behind me. I don’t even have time to turn and see what it is because Eric grabs my arm and practically drags me into the house.
“Get down! Chloe, get down now!” I fall to the floor on command, like I’m not even in control of my own body now.
“Eric what’s going on? Who is that and why are they shooting at us?!” I don’t want to admit it, but I think he is serious, some ones out there.
“I told you someone wants you dead! Now shut up and stay there.”
Beep. Beep. Beep, beep. Beep.
“Chloe! Run get out! It’s a bomb! Chloe! Go! Go!” He’s shouting. I’ve never in my life heard him shout before and it makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I know now, that he is telling the truth, that my life is in serious danger. So, I do as I’m told and run out of the house. But I’m not fast enough, I’m just too slow.
Bang!
I’m flying! I’m soaring through the sky like a paper airplane that a kid with really bad aim threw in the air. I’d never thought I would feel bad for a paper airplane, but right now I really do, because landing really hurts!
“Chloe! Chloe, Get up, get up!” I can hear his voice and it’s so placid, and calm.
Beep, beep, beep, beep.
My eyes come open I see Eric, but I’m not in the house, nothing blew up. I’m in his van. His door is open and it’s making that beeping noise.
“Hey, Chloe, you fell asleep, you were having a bad dream.”
© Copyright 2011 Katawna Marae Poole (katawna at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1831307-Kidnapped-by-my-lover