*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1831764-Dessert
Rated: 13+ · Other · Action/Adventure · #1831764
'“Time for dessert.” She looked up, surprised. “You brought some?”'
It was a perfectly sunny day. We walked through the meadows and laid down a striped blanket. We placed a basket down onto the first stripe and opened the hand woven basket and placed a chicken salad sandwich on the blanket. “Finally some peace and quiet.” I said, enjoying nature and my food. I sipped some iced tea and then reached farther down into the basket. She was enjoying her lunch as I said, “Time for dessert.” She looked up, surprised. “You brought some?” she asked in a hushed tone. “I only brought one I thought you didn’t want anymore.” I said pulling out a small bottle and a syringe. “Doctor’s orders. Let’s share.” She said excitedly. I stabbed the small bottle with the needle and retrieved the precious milk. “Ladies first.” I offered. She stuck the tiny needle in her blood stream and took pleasure in the warm nectar. She handed me the leftovers and I injected the last of the insulin in my blood stream. “Thanks.” She said, “I don’t usually forget my insulin.” “You have diabetes?” I asked.
© Copyright 2011 aaronhyman (aaronh96 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1831764-Dessert