*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1832046-A-New-Lost-Soul
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Ghost · #1832046
A chance meeting at the East Side Pub.
Things were slow at the East Side when a newbie came in.  Looked confused, the usual lost stare.  Being the friendly type, I stepped  right up.

"You look so familiar.  Have we met before?" I asked.

Now don't gag.  I know, not very original.  On the other hand, she wouldn't remember anyone, so one face could be as good as another.  And she was hot.

What am I talking about?  Well, how to explain?

The East Side Pub is a favorite among "lost souls".  We didn't pass over, our spirits remain.  No jobs to go to, so we can haunt the pubs at any time.  Pun intended.

There are some good things.  No bar tab, no hangovers, and we get to start over with a clean slate.

The down side is no memories.  None of what we experienced, none of what we lived, is carried over to this existence.  A clean slate.

Tonight, I might provide this sweet thing with some new memories, start to fill in the ol' slate.

"Hi.  My name's .....,"  the newbie replied.  Confused and puzzled, but taking my hand.

"We might have met," she continued.

"Here's a booth," I said.  "What can I get you?"

After the drinks came, I started my moves, and with a winning smile asked, "Where did we meet?"

"No idea, but here's evidence that we did," she answered, pulling a 3x5 picture from a pocket.

The two of us, in one of those camera booths you see at fairs.  Shocked isn't too strong a word.  Never heard of anything like this between two souls.

I turned the picture over, and almost dropped it.  Written in were the words, 'From David to my little sister Melissa'.

I quickly took my hand off her knee.  Not right for your little sister.
© Copyright 2011 Sailor M (sailor40 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1832046-A-New-Lost-Soul