*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1832378-Proof-of-the-power-of-Melancholy
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Poetry · Melodrama · #1832378
Most times I jump I fall
Most times I jump I fall and most days are black, But it doesn't really matter when the best days are grey. I live and I breathe and I do it on my own. Although I'm not alone. I'm surrounded by heartless that think they love and hearts that don't bother to. I look at the one next to me and I hope that they aren't as lonely as I am.

Most times I jump I fall and if I fell from up here I wouldn't be able to get up. It's a beautiful view if you keep your head up, but if you look down you'll see the scum of the earth. Going about their business like their business was the only in the world. Unfortuneatly, I know better than to keep my head up. It doesn't make what's below go away, it just hides it.

Most times I jump I fall and on most days I wouldn't mind falling from up here. With emotions like mine I think it'd be better not to feel anything at all. Today, yesterday, and the day before were black. I'm seeing a pattern. I'd like the pattern to end, and I don't see a good day coming, so there's only one way to go and that's down. So here I'll go. I'll jump........

Sometimes I jump I fly.
© Copyright 2011 Anomynous (awesomesauce12 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1832378-Proof-of-the-power-of-Melancholy