*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1832629-Home-Alone-or-Not
Rated: 13+ · Other · Folklore · #1832629
A girl is home alone or is someone else with her?
It was a dark and stormy night, my parents were out to dinner, the wind shook the house and the rain drowned the ground. I was sitting on my old maroon sofa when a knock came upon my door. I quickly grabbed my cellphone, and hid behind the couch. i wasn't stupid enough to turn on the light when i'm home alone. Suddenly, there was a bang on the door.
"I know you're in here," shouted a man. Then the shaking stopped. I sat there in the dark. Suddenly, the phone rang.
"I know you're in there," then it hung up.
Then I decided to call the police.
"Hello, you've reached Cityville Police Deparment." replied the officer." someone keeps calling me" I replied.
" Are they threatening you in anyway?"
"No"
"Well then I'm sorry ma'm but there's nothing we can do"
I hung up the telephone shocked that an insane man was talking to me and I couldn't do anything about it. The rain disrupted my thoughts as it banged against the walls. The wind holwed like a wolf and shook the windows. Suddenly, the lights flickered on and off and I heard a singe and snap as the power went out. I sat wrapped in a blanket of darkness as fear held me tight to its body. Then my cellphone rang I picked up ,surprised to hear someone say " Are you scared yet?".
I quickly hung up and called the police.
"The same person keeps calling me"
" If you can keep him on the line for one minute we can track the call"
I hung up and waited a couple of seconds until i heard a ring. I picked up and I heard "Don't be afraid of the dark, be afraid of death". I hung up and recieved a call from the police, "Get out of the house now!" was the first thing I heard i grabbed my flashlight and raincoat and bolted out of the house.
"We traced the call, it was coming from a cellphone located in your house," said the policeman, " we have sent some men over they will be there shortly".
The police man stayed on the line until he heard the sirens. The police men quickly bolted inside and headed towards the back. My parent arrived.
"Sweetheart are you alright", shouted my mother as she ran out of the car.
My father followed after her. Minutes later the police came out dragging a man. He had dark brown blood shot eyes, a buff body, tall, and was carrying a knife and bag. They put cuffs on him and slid him in. They explained to us that he was a serial killer that they have been searching for. As they went to drive off, he disapered and he's still out there somewhere searching for me.
© Copyright 2011 mjdasilva (mjdasilva at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1832629-Home-Alone-or-Not