*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1832812-The-Beauty-That-I-Desire
Rated: 13+ · Monologue · Inspirational · #1832812
Every girl wants to be beautiful. Including me. But this is how I want it to be.


I want a beauty that's more than skin deep, a beauty that reflects the peace of Christ in my soul.

I want a beauty that is not self-centered, self-seeking, nor vain, a beauty that does not degrade others.

I want a beauty that does not make other women insecure or jealous, a beauty that encourages other women to seek the beauty in themselves.

I want a beauty that does not attract unnecessary attention, a beauty that is honorable and honest.

I want a beauty that does not inappropriately capture the imaginations of men, a beauty that eludes lust.

I want a beauty that I can share without shame, without fear of rejection or hatred.

I want a beauty that is simple and natural, a beauty where I can be myself.

I want a beauty that grows with time, a beauty that transcends age.

I don't want what other women are after. This is the kind of beauty I desire.

© Copyright 2011 Justine Merritt (haleycasanova at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1832812-The-Beauty-That-I-Desire