*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1833782-Stapler-Surgery-for-hemorrhoids--My-exp
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Medical · #1833782
This is my exp of the stapler surgery I have undergone. sharing my exp.
Introduction:

I had 3rd degree hemorrhoids and fissures. My life used to be very uncomfortable. Sitting in office, riding bike……not a single day passed without feeling the pain. Finally one day I dared and went to the hospital and took surgical option. Doctor told me he will perform stapler surgery.

For people who think this surgery is simple I would say no. Surgery is itself simple but post opt recovery is very very painful. You will definitely need to take two weeks break from office.

If you bear the pain for two weeks your life will be very happy then.

I would say, people who suffer a lot from piles go for the surgery. Below is the detail experience



Nov28 (Monday):

1.          Went to hospital at 10AM in the morning.

2.          Nothing special on Monday. Barber came and shaved the hair from waist to hips. It was a bit uneasy.

Nov29(Tuesday):

1.          At 7:30AM anema was done. Its so simple. Not painful. Nurse will pass some soap water through a tube into your rectum.

2.          This will clear your stomach. Then you must not eat anything.

3.          Nurse has started saline

4.          At 12PM, nurse has come to take me to the Operation theatre (OT). It was very scary.

5.          Sat inside the OT for 15 to 20 min. stayed calm. Read hanuman chalisa. Then they asked me to sit in a chair and took me inside the OT.

6.          Anesthetic came and asked me to bend forward. They gave Anesticia to the spinal cord. Within 5-10 min parts from waist to feet were numb. Could not feel anything.

7.          I closed my eyes and the docs started operating. It was pretty long. It took around 1hr for the surgery to get over

8.          Came out after the surgery. They directly took to my room. I was awake, composed and laughing. Spoke to my mom. Honestly I thought it was so simple

9.          Slowly by 7PM I was able to feel the pain. Nurse started injecting pain killers. After the numbness was wearing out of my legs I found out that they have closed my rectum hole with tight plasters and put a urine bag.

10.          This is torture. Very painful. I could not move my legs. Called the nurse.told her about the pain. She injected one more painkiller. Still there is no relief. This was one of the worst night in my life. Scolded, hit my mom since I was not able to bear the pain.

11.          Spent the whole night with this pain. Could not sleep.

Nov30(Wednesday):

1.          Doctor came and 7:30AM and removed the plaster on my rectum and the urine bag. Then the nurse gave some tablet. Then the doctor asked me to sit in hot water for some time. This Is called siz bath. The horrible pain was gone.

Dec1(Thursday):

1.          At 6AM sat for the Bowel movement. Never in my life I have experienced such a pain. My mom was pouring hot water continuously while I sat. she poured some 20 buckets of hot water. I could pass the motion but with lot and lot of pain

2.          Could not even stand up. Came and fell on the bed. Mom applied the prescribed ointment.

3.          In the afternoon, when I tried to sit I was not able to. My spinal cord, neck muscles and head was aching like hell.

4.          Told the doctor. Doctors and Anestician found that the anesticia they have given my created a problem. This occurs one in 1000 cases. They gave me combiflam and asked me to drink lots of water and injected lot of saline



Dec2 (Friday):

1.          Woke up at 6AM. Same problem with the Bowel movement. Very painful.  But the back and head ache due to anestisia was gone. Felt better.

Dec7(Wednesday):

Discharged finally from the hospital

© Copyright 2011 abhishek (abhishek753 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1833782-Stapler-Surgery-for-hemorrhoids--My-exp