*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1833790-Choppys-Story
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Short Story · Children's · #1833790
Short children's story aimed at 4-8 years of age.
CHOPPY'S STORY






Once upon a time there was a little dog and he was knocked down by a car.He didn't go to heaven because God had a plan for him here on earth.His name was Choppy and after the accident he had only three legs.This made Choppy very sad because none of the other doggies would play with him.Choppy tried as hard as he could to run with them but he could never keep up with them, because they were just too fast with their four legs.





There was a little old lady where Choppy played all by himself and she felt sorry for little Choppy and used to feed him.Then one day, a terrible day, the dog catchers came, and all the doggies ran away, but they caught poor Choppy because he couldn't run as fast.They put him in the van and brought him to the dogs home. Choppy was scared at first but the workers were very kind to him.Every day families came to look at the doggies to take one home but Choppy never got picked because he had only three legs. This made Choppy very sad.





But then one day something wonderful happened. A family came and they had a boy who couldn't see.His name was Peter and he needed a dog to help him walk around and to look out for him.  Although Choppy was only a puppy he didn't know he was going to be a beautiful Labrador one day, golden like the sun. Choppy barked at Peter and stuck out his head as far as he could so that Peter could rub him, and when he did, he licked little Peter's hand which made Peter giggle because it tickled him.

'I want him!' said Peter to his mommy and daddy.

The daddy said, 'But he only has three legs.'



Peter's mommy was clever though and said that Choppy was perfect because he wouldn't run too fast for Peter so Peter took Choppy home and was so happy. They had a lovely bed for him in the kitchen and a great big garden for him to play in. You'll never guess what Peter wanted to call his new doggy - why Choppy of course! And they lived happily ever after. So, Choppy was happy and Peter was happy and that made God smile didn't it?
Julieanne 18/12/2011
© Copyright 2011 Julieanne (martinsgirl at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1833790-Choppys-Story