*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1834078-All-It-Is-Is-WIll
Rated: E · Other · Young Adult · #1834078
Another short, descriptive chunk of words. This one's about finding your willpower.
… and as this realization washes over me, I find an emblem of strength among the ashes of my ruins. I’ve been impervious to eyes- summoning ambiguous masks to cover my face- hiding behind phantoms that scream the chorus of my consciousness, but tonight… tonight I’m weaving my fingers into the strands of a better destiny. Tonight I’m leaving this melancholy world behind, grasping control and working towards self-sufficiency. No longer will I let the claws of wolves sit under my skin. Time to let these wounds heal into delicate scars, carving my body into the reflection of my story… and therefor reflection of my soul.

If I’ve learned one thing, it’s that in the end… you’ve only got yourself. Now I need to do this for myself… I’m able… and now I’m willing.
© Copyright 2011 Thick Ink (complexkarma at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1834078-All-It-Is-Is-WIll