*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1834625-Has-Christmas-Lost-its-Meaning
Rated: ASR · Other · Holiday · #1834625
The true meaning of Christmas is not a fat old man in a red suit, is it?
When you hear the word Christmas what do you think of?
You probably think of presents, or a tree with lights on it, or a man in a red suit or even snow, because that it was I think of.
Sure, Christmas is all of that but it is not the meaning, it is so much more.

Christmas is the celebration of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Our King was born in a manger on Christmas, he was conceived by the Holy Ghost born of the Virgin Mary.
Jesus loves us.
Jesus died on the cross over 2,000 years ago to save us sinners.

Jesus did so much for us, and on his birthday what do we do?
We forget about why we are celebrating and focus on the gifts that we are about to receive. Do not get me wrong I LOVE the presents.
How many of you remember hearing "it is not about recieving but giving", I sure remember hearing that.
Next Christmas, lets all try to focus on the true meaning, celebrating the birth of Jesus.

Merry Christmas!

© Copyright 2011 socawksa (socawksa at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1834625-Has-Christmas-Lost-its-Meaning