*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1835366-Your-Bath-Is-Drawn
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Romance/Love · #1835366
Girl is royal, engaged to someone else. The servant loves her which means certain death.
    “Your bath is drawn,” he said, avoiding my eye contact and heading for the door without another word.
    I hopped out of bed, still in my white night gown, running to beat him to the door. “Join me,” I begged, terrified but willing.
    His eyes kept glancing back and forth between me and the door. He too knew the risks, the consequences, and still he was willing. It killed me to think about if we were caught, what it would mean for him. When he nodded his head and gave me the smallest of smiles, a hint of fear in his eyes, I almost took the offer back. He headed for the bathroom before I could say anything else.
    He was taking off his boots, leaving his cuffed pants dangling above his ankles, started to unbutton his vest, followed by his shirt. He looked at me, curious as to why I hadn’t started undressing—he was nearly finished, all that was left was his briefs. He looked at me, mixed emotions turning in his eyes, nodding his head as encouragement. I slowly started to unbutton my gown, one by one, leaving on only my silky panties. I had the urge to bring my arms to my chest, but soon realized it didn’t matter if he saw me. It was just us, in the here and now, one precious moment that I would cherish always—no matter what. We peeled off the last of our clothing, and joined each other inches away from the tub.
    We’d broken so many laws already, yet he was still hesitant as his finger tips grazed me bare back, his touch bringing me closer to him, and his arms consumed me. His fingers lost in my hair, his lips touching mine. He drew back, still keeping me close in his arms. He flicked the water, making a quiet splash.
    “Shall we get in?” He asked. I swallowed hard, giving it one last thought. I had suggested the whole idea, he was willing to grant my request—I knew he wanted it too—but was I going to let him?
    “We could get caught . . .” My voice trailed off, he knew what it would mean if they found out, if anyone knew about this.
    His brow creased, “I have nothing without you. If you’re not mine, the penalty might just be a blessing.”
    “Don’t talk like that. Please?” I said, my voice almost crying.
    He said nothing, exchanging words for his lips to press onto my shoulder. His hands in mine, he stepped into the warm water. I followed him in, knowing I was risking his life.
    His arms around my waist as I stood in front of him, my back almost touching his abdomen, I turned my head so I could see him from the corner of my eye. I saw only his lips kissing the corner of my mouth. His hands were wrapped all around me. They felt cold compared to the warm water we stood in. Then he slowly started to pull me down, sinking into the water with him. As he brushed back my tangled hair, water dripped on my shoulder from his wet hand, white bubbles on his fingertips getting caught in the tangles of my auburn curls. He continued to nibble on my neck, sending a shiver through me while soaked in warm water.
    The water made ripples as he lifted his arm up, reaching for the white cloth that hung over the edge of the tub. He held it under water, drowning it in the warmth. Resurfaced, it came up soaked and bubbly. He gave the cloth a squeeze and dragged it up my arm. He started to scrub my shoulder, massaging my neck as well. I let my eyes close and heard him dip the cloth back in the water. His arm circled around me, gently scrubbing my collar bone and chest. Bubbles covered me nearly everywhere. Only my face remained dry, I kept my lips out of the soapy water’s reach, keeping them in perfect condition until they touched his lips.
    My mind was still distracted. I couldn’t erase the lingering thought of getting caught. But I was also well aware of his arms, tight around me, pulling me deeper into the bubbles. We were side by side, wrapped in each other’s embrace, lips meeting once more. These were the sacred kisses we’d only so often shared.
    I could feel myself start to slip under, the tub was deep and wide, even with two people in it. It swallowed me as I tried not to swallow its water. His grip on me remained tight. He pulled me up to rest on him, though even as I rested on him, my body still remained underwater. He rested his head against the back wall of the tub; mine on his shoulder. It was my turn to love him. I carefully place kisses everywhere: His forearm, shoulder, chest, neck, jaw, chin, his mouth, all the while hoping they wouldn’t find us. A nervous feeling still rested in the pit of my stomach.
    Our eyes locked, engaging in another silent conversation, both agreeing to what was coming next. Our lips touched one more time, without pressing and barely grazing each other. I began to move on top of him, spreading my legs then wrapping them around him. I could feel him against my leg, then the pain that came as he eased into me. It took a few tries and I couldn’t help but think we were wasting time. But I knew in his mind, no time with me was wasted. There was not enough time with me. He accepted every minute he could get.
    I could finally feel his inside me, as close as we could ever be. His hands on the small of my back, my hands around his neck, I sunk deeper inside. Our eyes met just for a second, I had just enough time to see a drop of water fall from his eye lashes before we heard a knock at the door.
© Copyright 2011 radioletters (fishinthesea at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1835366-Your-Bath-Is-Drawn