*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1835665-Hell-become-your-HERO
by Nancy
Rated: 13+ · Article · Inspirational · #1835665
"I'd rather live blind with dignity, than live sighted but in humiliation" - Ahmed Harara
"I'd rather live blind with dignity than live sighted but in humiliation"
** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **
Harara with the two dates of the loss of each eye written in arabic.


Ahmed Harara, 31 years old, Egyptian, a dentist, who believes in the revolution in order to free his country. He participated in the manifestations, the sit-ins, manifested with his body, soul and...eyes.

Friday 28th of January, one of the most important days before Mubarak leaves. A police shot came straight to his right eye. His chest was a target as well which led him into a three-day coma. And that was his footprint in the revolution that took Mubarak, the dictator, to prison.
After 10 month, one eye lost, with the military taking the dictator's rule, Harara decided to participate in the manifestations against the military, when the police again, one of the rubber bullets took the light off of his left eye on November 19th during a sit-in in Tahrir Square.
Not only Harara, but a lot of young men lost their eyes and their lives. And that was his print in the manifestations against the SCAF.

Recently Harara went to France for a medical visit, hoping that he'd be operated on his left eye and regain his sight, even if it's in black and white. But he returns with no hope of regaining sight.
A big number of Egyptians gathered at the airport to welcome the revolution icon, the hero Ahmed Harara and let him know that he's got all their support.
Harara was chosen by Time Magazine in its special Person Of the Year edition which depicted “the protester,” showcasing 36 iconic activists who have participated in protests in 2011 around the world.

Ahmed Harara, 31 year old dentist. A revolutionary young man, all he worked for during his short life ended because of two policemen who lost their humanity shooting people they should be protecting not killing.

Ahmed Harara, 31 year old dentist, lost his sight, forever. The ones who did it, will live sighted and forget about what they've done.

Ahmed Harara, 31 year old dentist. A hero, a model, but what will happen in 10 years? Will the same number of people who went to welcome him at the airport, be gathered to support him from now on?

A lot of people, like me and maybe you, are saying: Life seems so unfair right now, but will it remain this way? Will Egypt's revolution fade and all those victims and martyrs would have risked for nothing?
Will God take off this injustice and show the world the peace and justice one time? Just for one time, before the world ends, will mankind live in peace and be "human"?

But...Ahmed Harara..sees that this is God's will and that he's accepted his situation. He made it clear that he's still 100% with the revolution and won't abandon the Tahrir Square, not before Egypt becomes the Egypt he wants.

Ahmed Harara, a name to be remembered through Egypt's history, the world's history.

Ahmed Harara, an icon, a hero, Egypt's hero.

Ahmed Harara ... My Hero!

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only ** ** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **

© Copyright 2011 Nancy (nansie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1835665-Hell-become-your-HERO