*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1835744-Completely-Safe
Rated: E · Other · Sci-fi · #1835744
This is a flash fiction piece (201 words) in the sci-fi genre. It's about other dimensions
“My machine is complete!” Darren yelled, grinning like he’d won the lottery.
I examined it closely.
“It looks like a bike mated with a yacht,” I muttered. He overheard.
“You may think so, but I’m telling you, this is the first of its kind – the one and only Dimensional Portal.”

It certainly didn’t look like one.
“How does it work?”
Darren started explaining complicated physics to me. I was lost by the second sentence.
“So anyway,” he continued, “Today I brought you here to watch the first ever demonstration of trans-dimensional travel.”
His eyes gleamed and I started to feel concerned.
“Are you sure it’s…safe?”
“Completely!” he boomed. “Let’s start off with a simple journey to show you how nothing can possibly go wrong. I’ll take a quick trip to the twenty-seventh dimension and return completely unscathed.”
“I don’t know…perhaps you shouldn’t go yourself on the first attempt.”
“Nonsense! Observe.”

Darren climbed into the machine, twiddled the dials and with a sudden pop and dazzling flash, was gone. I waited for two minutes, then the same pop and flash startled me as he appeared again.
“See, I told you, it’s perfectly harmless,” he said, surveying me with his three yellow eyes.
© Copyright 2011 Complexity (complexity97 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1835744-Completely-Safe