*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1836603-Please-dont-call-him-Bigfoot
Rated: E · Short Story · Folklore · #1836603
Short story about a conversation I had with my grandson regarding Bigfoot
Sasquatch..Don’t call him bigfoot
I was recently talking with a local 9 year old expert about Sasquatch (you may have also heard him called  Momo, Yeti, Abominable Snowman, and other names as well.....not the expert, the Sasquatch).
Wesley (the expert) was telling me about the evidence collected in Oregon State as we were driving  down a lonely highway to my home in NE Oklahoma about an hour after sunset.
I told him if he looked out his window he would see areas that have had bigfoot sightings.
He said to me,”Grammy”,(did I mention I am his Grammy?)”please don’t call him bigfoot. They are sensitive about that and they deserve more respect than that”.
That got me to thinking...have I been misjudging what Sasquatch means?
I mean, is Sasquatch not defined by a bad odor, loud howl, big feet  and lets face it.. sort of a bad attitude at times.  I mean, throwing rocks... really??
Okay so I’m rethinking this whole thing now.. If bigfoot...errr... Sasquatch is real, and let me assure you the local expert will convince you with the amazing footage and evidence he can show you that this is a real creature. Then the question becomes as usual.. why have we found no real inadmissible evidence of such real creature?
I think it’s because they are smarter than us. But at the same time they are a lot like us...
We, as a people try to lead a civilized existence.  We may at times want to yell obscenities at people...but we don’t... that’s what alone time in the car is for anyway...
But then there are those few of us that have to make a you know what out of themselves... they run around town with no shoes on, looking and smelling like they haven’t seen a bar of soap in a long...long........long … long time... running their mouths about whatever... just in general making a spectacle of themselves.
They as “Sasquathians” may have the same socials woes. They know the humans would probably exploit them and ruin the lifestyle they have come to know. So they quietly live their lives under the cover of the forest, easily avoiding the loud clumsy humans always trying to outsmart them... But they also have their own loudmouth howling, stinking because they don’t bathe as they should, tipsy on sour tasting berries they enjoy in the springtime...Sasquatch hellions.
They go out stomping around leaving huge footprints for the elders to have to clean up.  They work very hard but once in a while a human gets lucky and finds one to brag about. 
But anyway, those bad seeds have given the Sasquatch a bad reputation unfairly!
I will run this theory by my friend the local expert and see what he thinks about it.
In the meantime... Wesley, I promise not to call him a bigfoot anymore.
© Copyright 2011 Candy P (candyp2011 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1836603-Please-dont-call-him-Bigfoot