*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1836718-Johnny-The-Leprechaun
Rated: E · Short Story · Comedy · #1836718
Fooled by the old pot of gold trick.

I enjoyed a daily walk by the brook.  Water sparkling in the sun.  Relaxing and refreshing.

At least it was until Johnny the Leprechaun showed up.

"Hello me lad," this strange looking midget said.  "I'm Johnny," holding out his hand.

Made a mistake right then.  Should have spit in his hand.  Should have run away.  Unfortunately, polite to a fault.  That's me.

"Hello," I replied.  "Michael McGann," shaking his hand.

"I'm after looking for my pot of gold," Johnny continued.

"Lost it?" I asked.

"No, hid it," he explained.  "This map will find it," he added, unrolling a scroll, flashing me a quick peak, then rolling it up.

"Leprechauns are forgetful," he explained, "so we always draw a map."

"I'm getting tired following it," he continued.  "Your long legs could get to it easier than my short ones.  Could you retrieve it for me?"

"What's in it for me?" I asked, not being a dunce.

"Oh, a fair share," Johnny said.  "10%?"

"20%," I countered.

"You're a hard one Mr. McGann," he said.  "Deal!" as he smiled.  It looked weird on him

He sent me on my way with a "Nothing tricky, bring the pot back, or the Leprechauns will haunt you down."

I swear, it was "haunt" you down.

The pot was just where the map said.  A small pot, but I got my 20%.

"I'll bet you can't do that again", Johnny said.

"It's easy," I replied.

"Meet me here tomorrow," Johnny directed.  "I'll have a map to a bigger pot."

And I met him.  And the map was just as easy to follow.  And he disappeared with the whole pot.

AND IT WASN"T HIS!

The troll that he stole it from doesn't believe me, so I'm now his slave.  But you believe me, don't you dear reader.
© Copyright 2011 Sailor M (sailor40 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1836718-Johnny-The-Leprechaun