*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1836975-At-Worlds-End
Rated: E · Fiction · Philosophy · #1836975
Sometimes, we imagine the last moments we may all share together here on this earth.
Along the highway we walked, depraved of all hope. The sky was dark, the air cold quivering our dried lips. In the distance we could see the city lights slowly beginning to flicker out. One by one they go, fading in eerie finality.

The monsters were in our hearts this night filled with lust and rage. The life that led us here made us cringe with disdain, we spit to clear our mouths of the foul taste. Regret, it casts its long shadow to consume hope. The carnage of our ancestors lay before us as we, the youth, stare on with utter banality.

It had happened before. It always happens before, so our blank faces adjust to the darkness and our feet stumbled on. The crunch of broken glass resounds beneath our feet. The littered roadside is our constant reminder of what we have lost. What we will never gain here in our tattered clothes, lost to the irreparable silence of a world gone dead.
© Copyright 2011 Davetheapple (davetheapple at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1836975-At-Worlds-End