*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1837543-nightmare-awakening
by irot
Rated: E · Short Story · Dark · #1837543
years and years the question remained is santa clause real.
                                                                                CHAPTER.1
Cold winds blew against a hallow glacier that covered the north pool consuming santa's workshop whole. Suddenly Santa's eyes opened as if awoken by a loud noise, pondering his surrounding's he sat up from his cold defrosted bed to find he was all alone, his elves remained in a frozen state ageless in time along with his beloved Mrs Clause who gleamed with beauty. Confused of why they remained frozen he sat out to search the whole workshop for clues. his effort was strenuous as he slowly tried to regain strength within his legs using the frozen elves as leverage, who all had joy upon there faces. Managing to walk on his own he entered the main door to the workshop, memories of old flickered in his thoughts of year's before he fell into a deep sleep because no kid on earth was writen upon his nice list. But foolishly he believed that soon a few good kids would rise from the darkness, ignoring even God that gave him the the responsibility. choosing not to live a normal life with family and riches, a curse came like a thief in the night one by one the elves began to freeze in place consuming all in thee end. the room was once filled with extravagant toys from wall to wall built by skillful elves but now it was empty he thought until he spotted a gift shinning with blue wrapping paper. Quickly he understood what he had to do deliver one last present to break the curse upon the elves and his beloved Mrs Clause. fearing the outcome of the reindeer's who were not enchanted with immortality, Santa walked slowly to the entrance of the stable to find them alive in skeleton form, smoke came from there nostrils. Fear griped Santa's heart as he stared in disbelief he wanted to scream and run but he couldn't turn back from the task at hand, as he sat upon his slay he over came his fear and felt a sence of warmth through out his body. "On Prancer on Rudolph" he yelled naming off the rest, galloping in place showed the reindeer's were ready for take off with the placing of the present inside of the Christmas bag he found on the seat the reindeer took off in the speed of light. With a blink of an eye Santa reached his destination dark an spooky the sky looked from the house roof on Knotwood Street, like a water slide Santa slide down the chimney into a big beautiful mansion. quietly he searched for a Christmas tree and to his surprise it wasn't in the living room our the kitchen so he proceeded up a spiral staircase that seemed to never end. Winded and tired he reached a long hallway with lots of diffrent color doors, one by one he peaked through to find no tree until he came to the last door that was black, before he grabbed the door knob the door swung open scaring Santa that fell back against a wall with widened eye's as he watched as something slowly walked towards him from the dark room. Horrified Santa was about to scream but soon felt relieved when appeared a littel girl with a smile from ear to ear " No need to be scared silly! your home now" the girl told Santa grabbing him by the hand. Quickly she lead him down hall's and basments that seemed to go on forever, as she chattered about her hectict young life until they came to a huge family room with a huge decorated tree with lots of presents. "I knew you were real" the girl told Santa giving him a big hug, this is goodbye he thought as he had flash backs of his jolly year's walking slowly towards the hug tree, but before he could place the present under the tree he stop and notice the tree's exstravagent ordiments that dangeled with shine. Santas eyes widened as he seen from a tree bulb a man with a frying pan standing behind him instantly knocking him unconscious. Groggy Santa awoke to feel his head throbbing in pain and tied tightly to a chair in a blue room "who are you and why did you break into my house" a deep voice from behind asked Santa  I am hear to deliver a present and nothing more" Santa answered as he tried to shun the pain from a blinding glare of light that dangled from above him. The man grabbed the chair and turned Santa around, the littel girl's family her brother, mother and father staired at Santa for a moment confused and with the eye's of hate accept for the littel girl who smiled with glee. "So let me get it straight you think your Santa Clause" the father asked slurring his words still drunk from earlier in the night, thinken Santa was just some crazed house robber coming to kill there family the son and father both dressed in blue pajamas started to take turns punching Santa in the face splattering blood in every direction. "Leave him alone" the littel girl screamed to her father and brother who ignored her plead "momma please tell them to stop" she cried looking up at her mother that held her tight "this is no Santa Clause! grow up! this man is the devil! open your eyes he tried to kill us as we sleep! he has to pay" the mother scornfully yelled as her eyes grew big and wicked pushing the littel girl aside as she cursed and bickered walking towards Santa who was almost unconscious and bleeding a puddel upon the floor. The brother and father stepped aside with grins as the mother smacked and kicked Santa, both father and son laughed histerically until the mother abruptly stopped and started to bleed from the mouth, falling hard to the surface like a sack of potatoes. In disbelief Santa, brother and father watched as the littel girl's smile turned evil, as she held a pair of sharp scissors dripping with blood. One by one the lights in the house began to break until there was only darkness, now is my chance to escape Santa thought as he struggled franticly to losen the knots, screams and loud footsteps made him try harder until he was free but exhausted Unable to see, Santa started to run to areas that had littel light until he found doorways coming upon a basement room that was quiet with a flickering light. From behind a hand grabbed his shoulder scaring Santa again as he turned around to find the brother holding a stab wound to his stomach  'Help me my sister is crazy" the boy cried from disbelief, without hesitation Santa grabbed a ripped curtain from a dusty couch and held it close to the boys injury to stop the bleeding together they walked  "take me to the living room" Santa told the boy "with a shallow chuckle the boy responded "so you can go up the chimney?"
"ya' Santa responded. As they entered the living room the mom and dad both were both placed dead on the couch in a manner as if they were alive and in love. Littel foot steps ran around them as the girl song silent night, when the song was over she appeared from behind the tree with the blood stained scissors in hand as she quickly opened and closed them. "This is the way it has to be Santa so we can be together forever! they have to die" the littel girl spoke softly, than in a outrage she charged at her brother who defended his-self with a book "go! get the heck outa hear the boy yelled to Santa. Quickly Santa ran to the chimney that took a while to teleport him up, worried he watched as the boy fought off his sister but his injuries failed him falling dead on top of her. The girl screamed and struggeled to set herself free, and when she did she charged at Santa who teleported to the roof before she could stab him. Santa relieved he closed his eye's and rested with a shake of the sled and awoke to see the north pole free of the curse that was upon it.


In memorie of Agasie Swisher       
       
© Copyright 2012 irot (thebull at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1837543-nightmare-awakening