*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1837822-Dear-Me-What-You-Will-Do-For-2012
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1837822
Me telling me what I will accomplish in 2012. With no pity.
Dear Me,

You have had this Writing.com account for many months, yet you don't know how to work it and you don't utilize all its great features. Fix that. Now, no more whining, no more pity just shut up and write. Waa, you don't have enough money for a basic membership, review some stuff and gain the points. If you didn't spend so much money buying writing books and schools you never read or used You might have been able to pay. Speaking of spending useless money enough all ready. You had two great business opportunities that you went out and spent hundreds of dollars on only to give up, again. Just like writing. But I'll get back to you on those in a minute.

First of all lets talk about writing. Remember in the 5th Grade when everyone went on that field trip to meet that awesome author of children's books? Quit trying to remember her name, you can't, remember how you felt. Remember how exotic and different she seemed. How she seemed to glow with open possibilities, how you wanted to be her. Remember how even though you were painfully shy and scared of ridicule when she asked if any of you wanted to be a writer only You raised your hand? They did make fun of you, but you didn't care, not then. You wanted to be her. Remember how she pulled you aside and gave you that pep talk? What did she say, practice, write and never give up if that is what you really want to do. What did you do? You went home and wrote. Yes it was crap, you were 11 years old. Did you practice more, yes you did. Did you eventually give up and let life drag you down with your pitiful excuses, yes you did. But eventually you started writing again. So what if it was 25 years later. Point is you started again almost two years ago with awesome characters and stories. Did you finish them? No.

Speaking of that, why is it that you haven't finished Dark Angel yet? Or any of the others? How can you call yourself a writer but not write? You, well your husband told everyone you were writing a book. Put you in a tough spot didn't it? Now everyone asks 'Have you finished your book yet?' And you can't even look at them when you say no. You have been writing the darn thing for 20 months, yes it has been that long and don't try to lie to me that it hasn't. Yes the first draft is crap, every first draft is crap. Who said that Hemingway? Who cares? You even have published author friends who will help you publish the thing, if you ever finish. So what the heck is wrong with you? Why do you keep giving up?

Point is this Me, you spent all that time writing. Remember Nano from last year, you wrote until your fingertips darn near bled. But you wrote. Sometimes up to 10,000 in one day! Yes the characters ran off with the story so what, it made it better. You planned on it being a series anyway. Then nothing, like everything else you started. You quit.

Now back to the whining about the other things you started last year. You spent a hunred dollars on a business, no two businesses that you gave up on. Why, because you sucked and it envoled practice. So Practice. You have everything you need.

Oh poor you, you have a medical condition that makes you sick, in pain and tired all the time. Did you ever stop to think the powers that be gave you that condition so you would slow down, quit your darn whining and be what you said you wanted to be when you were that 11 year old kid? Everything happens for a reason, right. That is your motto. That 11 year old kid wanted to be a writer and to do make-up and nails on the side. So the 40 year old you went out and bought all the stuff to just sit around and whine? You are better than that. Your poor husband has already said he is tired of the negativity, self pity and complaining you do. You are starting to sound like your mother. Don't we both hate how she is always negative about everything, well Me you are becoming her, and even you don't like her.

Look Me, you have a husband who supports every hair brain scheme you come up with, foots the bill for it because you can't work and you drop the ball. Yeah so what if you got up early on New Year's day to blog and do nails. You did that why, because Grandma said 'What you do on New Year's Day is what you will be doing for the rest of they year.' So you made that a priority to get up and do. Are you going to follow through this time? Are you finally going to stop whining finish your darn novels and practice nails and actually do something this year to make your own money? I know you are use to working Me but you can't be a nurse anymore. That is a hard pill to swollow and yes it sucks that you have that rare condition that only four percent of the male population of the world have even though you're a female. You knew this back in 2008, so enough of the pity party already. It's old and tired as you are. Don't you dare sit there and start tearing up on me, I warned you, no more pity. Suck it up, dry your eyes and do something. Does that sound familiar? It should because it is the same thing you told your blog readers. You going to whine some more or practice what you preach, your family is tired of the whining, I am tired of the whining and you should be too.

This is what we're going to do Me, we are going to make a plan and we are going to stick to it everyday.

First of all no more sleeping past 10 am. Yes I know you like to stay up late that is why I said 10 am. I don't care what time you go to bed you will be up at that time.

Second, your condition requires you to move and get exercise. Guess what, your going to do yoga, tai chi or break out that eliptical you bought at least four days a week. Yes you are. Remember how much we loved karate, how alive and at peace we felt after? Well you can't do that right now so you will do something similar.

Third, May is the second year aniversary of when you started Dark Angel. You will have that finished by then. You are already at the editing and rewriting phase Me so there really is no more excuses. You and I are ready to move on to book two. As much as the first draft sucks it also rocks too. What are you afraid of, success? You will have that done and read by others by May. Period.

Fourth and last, you will do something with yourself besides sit and whine that you can't do anything. You can do nails, if you can sit on the computer all day you can sit and make money. It's called practice. You have a person who wants to hand over their business to you and you drop it because you don't want to practice. No more. You will practice, you will get your name out there and you will make money. You like doing it, and you and I both know you like money.

Have we reached an understanding Me? 2012 will be the year of no more excuses, no more pity parties and no more negativity. If you can't see that you are at the point where you are about to lose everything you have including yourself I can, and that is just unacceptable.

You got excited when you saw Writer's Digest listed this site as one of its 101 best writers websites, because you already had an account, you never used it, but you had it just sitting there. All those resourses. Now get out there review some writers at Writing.com get enough to get a membership, enter some contests, have people read and review Your work. Build more writer friendships. Put yourself out there more, that is what you came here for. So shut up, quit the bs and write. Now.

Sincerely,
Your Conceince

word count 1446
© Copyright 2012 darkangel222 (darkangel222 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1837822-Dear-Me-What-You-Will-Do-For-2012