*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1839325-Red-Bed-Bug
Rated: E · Other · Fantasy · #1839325
A belief in self aspirations


RED BED BUG







Traversing the stone walk of rough hewn uneven slate, it had taken some time to reach the mansion, her destination. All part of the process of being glossy fire engine red. Nadine felt a fatal weariness setting in. An uneasy feeling, a queasiness. If she did not get off this scorching stone walk and out of the glaring afternoon sun soon, her destination would not matter. She knew she was right in leaving. Just because she was different did not mean she was not a beauty in her own right, she indignantly thought. The only entity in her clan with a bright red glossy exterior, she had been ignored by some of her peers and spoken to meanly by others. Why was sable brown the only acceptable countenance. It seemed to Nadine her bright red was a much more appropriate hue when considering her main reason for existence. Perhaps, having been created bright red, she was the original intention and being brown as all the others, the abberration.



Frederick, the hypocrite, in spite of his amorous attentions, had been the most critical of her appearance. In disregard of his harsh comments, she did not feel her bright shiny redness would draw undue attention to the clan. It was the opposite. Nadine felt she was a star. That is why she had finally left everyone behind and headed for the most luxurious manse in town.



As her station in life befitted, she believed, opportunity was afforded her. In a most timely manner, the resident of the manse, Mortimer Ashcroft, strolled up the walk next to her. Nadine jumped upon his very sartorial being. Her luck continued. The bright scarlet red stockings worn by Mortimer offered the perfect camoflage needed for her entry into the magnificient home. Thank goodness Mortimer had the good grace to go straight to his bedroom.



Upon reaching the bedchamber Nadine jumped from her red stockinged concealment straight to her destination. Scrambling into the soft sumptuous folds of the six hundred thread count coverings she searched for what would be her new clan. There appeared to be no one in sight. Nadine scrambled as far and as quickly as she could manage within the coverings. Still not one entity to be found. Had she made a mistake in leaving? Perhaps she should have stayed with Frederick and his amorous attentions after all. Was she to now live a life alone here in this lavish space?



The weariness and queasiness were returning and she must stop and rest. Having a chance to be still and ponder her circumstance in these new surrounings, a lovely thought occured. Nadine recognized through her verminous primordial knowing, her very definite qualmish inner feelings and what they revealed. The inner knowledge told her that even though she was the lone Red Bug in this rich expanse for now, she would not be alone for long.



Mortimer, very fatigued from his long tedious trip, was extremely glad to be home once again. The beauty and serenity of his lovely home had always been a joy. That joy that had been part of his life for so long was recently diminished by the sad and unexplained departure of his beautiful wife. She had left him and now lived far away on another continent. Most likely to never return. Along with the beauty of his home he now also felt a sense of aloneness within. Mortimer pulled off his shoes and peeled off his scarlet red stockings. He pulled back the rich coverings of his bed and slid inside the silky fabrics for a much needed rest. In some way that he had not recently experienced until this moment, he acutely sensed a particular feeling of no longer being quite so alone.







approx. 300 word count

© Copyright 2012 HappyArtist (happyartist at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1839325-Red-Bed-Bug