*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1840281-magic-realized-1-4
Rated: ASR · Chapter · Fantasy · #1840281
story of two girls and their magic teachers, in an adventure. (some blood) ch 1-4 version
Warning Rated ASL because of blood, it’s not bad just don't want to offend anyone. this is the ch 1-4 version, groups of chapters are located in my portfolio read in order please. thanks again for the read, please comment i would really appreciate it.



Justin

Chapter 1



The day had started as any other day. The girls and I had woken up and meditated, Kyra looked over at me the hint of a request etched on her face.

"Can we visit the runes of Tanara I've recently looked up the history of the place and I would really love to study the language written on the walls?"

she asked, a twinkle of excitement radiated from her open eyes as she waited for my response, I glanced over at Tera she was day dreaming again, I snapped my fingers in front of her face she blinked a couple of times.

"What, what did I miss?"

"You missed me telling Kyra that we are going to Tanara." I replied as Kyra squealed, we finished our meditation and went to eat.

The kitchen was painted a mellow shade of blue, decorated with swirl marks every so often. On the wall above the stove was a plentiful amount of different kitchen utensils hung up by shiny metal nails. None of them where used this time, because the girls opted out of a big breakfast and went for the cereal and milk. I stood at the door and watched them sit down and start to eat.

"Girls there is one thing we have to talk about before we go anywhere." I said

"What’s that?" they said in unison

"Have you ever wondered why I haven't let you girls out in the world alone, without protection?" I asked hoping they didn't hear the sorrow that was laced in my voice. They looked at me but didn't reply so i continued.

"This word has become dangerous for us mirrors." I said flinching at the word mirror, it was a stereotypical name, never changing almost cursed. The word although was an exact representation of how our power works, but the history behind the word was terrifying to say the least.

"As you know our race is dying, for what I know, you and I are the only members of our race to be alive, the reason i never let you out is because of this. Other members of the magical population, either want us dead, or want to use our powers to accomplish their means."

"I won't allow anyone to hurt you, and trust me there are people out there trying to, I just want you to be prepared when we leave later today, i want you to stay prepared, don't let your guard down and when I tell you to do something, do it, don't hesitate just do it."

I could see that they understood my command, but did not understand where it was coming from but I wasn’t in the mood to explain it so I turned from the room and walked outside.

When I was alone for a while, I decided to sunbathe, I took off my shirt and went to the backyard, there was a long beach chair, which was perfect. There were four of them sitting in a circle around what looked to be a makeshift fire pit, suspended above the ground by two-foot high bricks.

I grabbed one of the chairs and turned it around so it was facing the sun, folding the shirt I laid it across the bottom half of the chair and laid down.

Opening my mind I felt the girls making their way out of the house, pausing after they closed the door, they then started for the forest, heading in the direction of the training field.

“Be safe” I though forcing the though over to the girls

“We will” Kyra replied

Always Kyra, never not practicing her magic, I really wish she would go out and meet people her age but it’s just not her.

I keep track of the girls until they passed the shield, there presence seemed to disappear from the earth.











Tera

Chapter 2



As I applied base I noticed a small zit coming in, reaching for the tweezers I heard Kyra humph. Turning to her, I asked.

“What was that?”

“Are you really worried about that zit?”

“Kind of, I’m not going anywhere with this on my face?” turning around I picked up the tweezers and went to pop it.

“You’re a mirror, one of the strongest breed of mages, why don’t you just clear it with a spell?”

“Right! Ugh, I can’t remember the spell, hold on let me get the book.

I skipped over to the mini spell book on my dresser and started searching through it.

“Found it.” I called, returning to the mirror I closed my eyes and focused on the zit. The air around my body seemed to condense and expand as I incanted the spell.

“Clean, purify, clear, tergeo tergo tersi tersum, purgo, clarus.

I looked in the mirror and gasped, there where zits all over my face.

“What happened, there everywhere?”

“When using Latin, you have to do more than say the words, but think of the action also. Here let me.”

Kyra said the same spell, I felt a tingle of magic touch the zits. I glanced at the mirror and my face looked completely cleared of all the blemishes that had appeared only moments ago.

“Thank you so much, actually the reason why I’m getting all glammed up is because I have a date later today.”

“What about the runes?” she said sounding a little upset

“We won’t be that long, why does it matter, what are your plans for tonight?”

“I planned on reading more into, advanced uses of defense magic, or I thought about reading elemental, water a practice.”

“And who has a problem, you have to get your nose out of those books and have a night out.”

“Pass, hey lets go outside, ive been reading on a spell I want to try.

“Sure.” I walked to Kyra’s room through the connected bathroom, shutting of the light as i went. The stairs made a loud squeak as we went down them and out the back door. Justin was over by the fire pit, we went the other way through a cluster of trees where the practice area was. As the trees started to thin the area materialized and the trees seem to dematerialize, we stood in a football field sized clear lawn in the shape of a circle.

“Stay on the edge.” Kyra said as she continued, she picked up her pace and was in a dead run when she stopped and turned back at me. she raised her hands and the air around her crackled with her energy output. The wind swirled in a counterclockwise direction causing the trees in the distance to bend. The howling of the wind rose until it was deafening.

Kyra’s eyes glazed over with a brilliant blue light coming from deep within, looking up I saw the clouds start to swirl in the same direction as the wind. They were also starting to pull down as if it was stretching out. The wind continued to speed up forcing the clouds to move faster down.

It looked like a tornado “it is a tornado” I heard Kyra reply in my mind

The tornado struck down directly in between us, dirt and grass was flying around us surrounding the tornado, it shuddered as if it wanted to move but couldn’t. As I stared, it started moving, circling around kyra, ripping up everything in its path. When it completed its rotation it lifted off the ground and returned to the sky, the wind quieted until it returned to its slight breeze.

Kyra was looking at me the smile she had on her face went from ear to ear.

“I did it!” she yelled as she ran toward me.

“Great.” I yelled back “don’t do that again, hey, why don’t we have any police sirens?”

“Because, Justin has this place concealed.” She replied as she stopped in front of me, “Let’s go back I can’t wait to leave for the runes.”





Justin

Chapter 3



I stayed outside for almost an hour before the girls came out of the forest. They carried themselves like respectable women with great power.

I reached down and picked up my shirt shaking it off before I put it on, the cotton material clung to my moist skin.

“Ready?” I asked them, I glanced at each girl in turn, Kyra had blonde hair with natural highlights that hung below her shoulders, her eyes were a shade of blue that could match any ocean they came in contact with. Tera was the opposite she had dark brown hair that hung in big wrings about the same length as Kyra’s, her eyes were a deep hazel that matched her hair.

Their skin tone was the only thing they seemed to have in common, Kyra was always pale In comparison to Tera’s sun tanned skin.

“Where ready.” Tera said, aiming a glance at Kyra, she looked to excited to speak.

“Let’s go.” I said and reached out to grab their hands. When I made contact, I pushed the image of Tanara into my head, instantly the world went dark, everything faded away, but as soon as we became used to the empty nothingness, the world lurched into place.

We were staring at the face of a mountain with an almost door like opening carved out, symbols lined the frame of the opening. The symbols were a warning to grave robbers.

Nobody who went into these caves for the Tanara gold ever came out. Kyra immediately went to the symbols and started etching them into the notepad she had pulled out from her knapsack that was draped over her left arm.

She went through transposing the symbols relatively quick, giving me ample amount of time to check all the safe guards I had placed around the girls and myself were intact. She started speaking in a low voice, the voice sent shivers down my spine. As she turned, her eyes glowed a menacing shade of red, the color of blood.



“All those that enter my enclave shall know the fear the warriors of Tanara bring, everyone will die for I am the king of Tanara, the curses I have placed will terrify you to your grave, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!”



I reached over and snatched the book out of her hand and slammed it shut, her eyes glazed over for a split second before returning to their original blue color, her face slackened, showing her sharp cheekbones. She stayed steady on her feet but Tera went and helped support her. She looked at me and asked.



“What happened, what was that?”



“That was our first and only warning, you see the Tanaraians were a very strong, proud people when they were alive, but they were also very paranoid, not just because of the gold they possessed but also their knowledge, they were the strongest and most knowledgeable mages in the known time. They protected everything from their gold to their books with very strong and very volatile spells, If they are tampered with they will do one of two things, disappear and reappear when the owner returns or they will blow up taking with them everybody in the surrounding area.”





“They would rather nobody had the knowledge then somebody stealing it.” I explained, releasing a small ball of magic I sent it into the cave door, allowing it to scan ahead. So far, I wasn’t finding anything special with the place, but I could feel a slight hum of magic, it felt like it was a shielding magic so I wasn’t really concerned, but just to be safe I kept that feeling in magical sight.



Kyra stood tall with her shoulders back, allowing Tera to untangle her arms from hers, she walked deliberately through the cave doors, not stopping long enough to feel for anything herself, but must have had all the confidence in the world for her teacher, it warmed my heart and heated my head.



Grabbing her shoulder and pulling her back, I scolded her. “Do you have any idea for your safety, did you not think about probing ahead with your magic to find if there was danger waiting, how could you not think of that, I know that I didn’t teach you to be careless with your life?”



She looked at me then looked back to the door, I then felt the tingle of her magic emitting from her body, I could also see the magic she was sending through the door, Tera didn’t.



“What are we waiting for?” she asked looking over her shoulder, the woods looked only slightly menacing in the mid-day light, “I want to get home before I’m thirty!” she exclaimed but didn’t move, obviously now feeling the power streaming from Kyra.



Kyra looked at me and waited for my nod to continue into the cave, I did. We walked through the entrance and instantly our view was diminished to three feet. Focusing on heat, I made a ball of light appear in front of us allowing us to see what was ahead.

The walls had the similar symbols all over them, combined with the mold that stretched from the ceiling.

Glancing back to the cave entrance I sent a spider string sized strand of magic back to the entrance.

We came to the end of the hallway, there was a single door on both sides. Both the girls glanced in my direction, I probed at the symbols written on the doors, I couldn’t detect any kind of spells or shields on the left door, while on the right hummed with aggressive magic. Deciding on the left door I went to turn the knob, electricity raced up my arm.

Gasping in pain, I let the door go and collapsed to the ground.

I felt the girls throw up force fields before racing to my side to help me up.

“Justin, are you ok?” They both said in unison

“Yes, let’s try this again.” Standing up I sent a shroud of magic to encase the knob, I still could not detect any spells on the door.

Shifting my gaze to the other door I shrouded it and could not locate the spells like before. I could hear the girls behind me breathing heavily from the shields they had conjured, abandoning my attempt at the door I connected my power to the girls and filtered in energy. They visibly relaxed, their breathing slowed to normal.

I reached out to the door on the right, the moment I made contact with the knob I felt a pleasant tingling.

“Must be another trap.” I commented as I turned the knob. It turned a courter of a turn before vanishing along with the door.

“Magic, don’t you love it.” I said sarcastically “Drop the shields I think were ok for right now.”

Moving the light into this hallway, I caught a twinkle of light from the ceiling. It was out of place in this dust filled cave, advancing slowly I motioned for the girls to follow. After a couple of feet I could see the shape of an eye carved into a polished marble slab.

The eye was shaped like a cat, except it was red, the same shade was before. It sat directly in the middle of the hallway, there was no way to pass it without being caught in its vision. As I stared at it, the eye started moving, it looked around in a circular motion before its glare found us.

As soon as it did I felt a crushing wave of despair fill me, It washed over me like jumping in a pool of ice water. My stomach turned over, I could feel the girls behind me, they were experiencing the same thing.

“Must be the evil eye.” I said, forcing myself to look away, after breaking contact the feeling lessened but only slightly.

“Reveal to me what I can see, the truth behind this misery. As I said this, I sensed eyes glowing a brilliant blue, directing my gaze back at the eye I felt the gaze waver. The eye closed and looked straight down, my eyes returned to normal as the feeling of despair disappeared.

Turning to the girls, who looked like they had seen a ghost I asked.

“Do you want to continue, it will only get harder. The enchantments will continue to get worse?”

They looked at each other and shook their heads, taking their lead I started heading back to the conjoining hallway. As I approached where the door would be it appeared, then disappeared. “Weird” I thought sending it to the girls. I then noticed what had truly happened.

The hallway beyond wasn’t the same as before, now it was an circular antechamber, doors lined it spaced out about five feet.

“See, now it’s trying to keep us In.” I explained, entering the antechamber. Looking at all the doors they were mirror images of themselves.

“How are we going to get out of here?” Tera asked, fear laced her words as she spook.

“Do you remember me sending the string of magic back to the entrance of the runes?” I asked

“Yes, so it changed with the hallway?”

“Yes.” I said, making the string visible, it stretched across the room to the door slightly to the right of the center door. We made our way across the room, as we passed the center the hum from before magnified ten times. Stopping, the source of the hum was coming from behind us.

I turned around.















Justin

Chapter 4



“There’s too many of them.” I said as I stared at ten hooded figures, all standing thirty feet away. Unmoving as they were you could have mistaken them for statues. The hum of their magic made the air shudder.

“RUN.” I yelled.

Kyra, Tera and I turned and ran to the door, turning the knob made it vanish, I pushed the girls in front of me and we continued running. The hum never faded, I threw a force field behind us blocking us from view of the dark sorcerers. We turned a left, then right, following the now altered path, the string of magic I placed stayed visible in front of us.

We rounded the corner and the sorcerer’s, where standing there, one of the sorcerers in the middle grinned, before hurling a dark bolt at us. Jumping in front of the girls I sent a burst of light magic towards the deadly spell, they collided, the force of our spells joining caused the ground to quiver, then split directly beneath the spell collision.

“garath ruth” I commanded making the ground rise and block us from their sight.

The girls reached out to touch me but I slammed a magical wall behind me blocking their movements.

“Get out of here.” I projected into their heads.

“We won’t leave you.” The reply came from my mind. However, they didn’t have a choice, this was too dangerous now and I couldn’t risk them. Pushing the force field back further, I made them move around the corner.

“Use a spell of diminishing on the wall and get in don’t come out until I say, whatever you hear could be a lie, hide you magic like I taught you” I could feel the girls about to protest so I severed the connection to our minds. It was the magestry and me now and I was vastly outnumbered even in my strength.

The wall of earth that stood in front of me gave an almost unperceived shudder and was gone, nothing was left. No trace, no explosion, no sound. One second it was there the next second it was gone.

There spell hit me like ice water, I never saw it coming because it wasn’t there. “A magical trap” I thought, I looked around, but in this world, there wasn’t an up and a down. I could feel my body in the hall way but couldn’t see or hear anything coming from my body, except the hum of their magic. “That’s it” I thought and wrapped my magic around the sound instantly bringing me back to my body, I was lying in the hall the magestry hadn’t made a move, they still stood there but they had removed there hoods and where staring at me with surprise and anger.

“How did you do that?” said the one in the middle, the one that had grinned at us earlier. I created a force ball behind me, forcing more energy in its outer shell. Hiding my intentions from the group of mages in front of me, I cloaked the spell. Glaring up at the one that had asked me a question

“Why do you want to know Alexus,” The girls eyes become furious almost instantly, she stood about five two she had red hair and she was on the petite side, other than the red hair and the height she could have been mistaken with the rest of them. The magestry was a group of evil sorcerers/sorceresses that gave up their individual soul to become connected through a soul fragment, that was tethered to their leader.

The spell behind my back started to put out a large amount of energy.

“I don’t talk to mirrors.” That cut me superficially but I knew that it was only the beginning. “We could always force an answer out of you but I try not to damage people that I somewhat respect, you see that spell you broke out of was a killing spell, they call it the kludnak, now if you survive you might want to look it up.

The glare from the rest of the Magestry chilled my bones to the core, was this another spell, it felt as if my body was freezing inside out. Breaking my concentration, I sent a wafer thin shield out in front of me, which melted away instantly now, was my only chance.

She threw a spell that resembled a shadow but before it could hit me, I threw the force spell from behind my back, not at her but right to the center of the shadow spell.

© Copyright 2012 chefcolby (chefcolby at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1840281-magic-realized-1-4