*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1840723-Anger-management
Rated: E · Non-fiction · Opinion · #1840723
I have anger-management problems. I admit I do.
I have anger-management problems. I admit I do.
I've been trying to work on it, and it's been hard.
Mainly because of what usually triggers my anger explosion. unfairness. people acting so selfishly wrong towards an issue that can be easily solved if they let go of their stronghold on their ego for a split second and take their eyes off the mirror for a while.
Then they'd see what's right in front of them. They'd see how much they can help; they wouldn't really need to go too far. It's the people who are close to them who would need their helping hand the most, and they'd be able to offer it if they were willing to stop drowning in self-absorption.
I see them with my own two eyes and I feel like screaming at them what is so obvious yet they don't see. How can a daughter be passive towards
her old mother who has spent her whole life raising her, loving her and thinks the world of her perfect daughter? How can a man dismiss his own father when he needs him, after having taken him and his family in when they had no money and nowhere to go?
Making money is not a bad thing, is it? No. But I've seen people accumulate money and base their happiness on that; have the money change them.
The more money they have, the more they want. The more money they have, the more they calculate every penny they spend. So why would they help their brother who works a million times harder to support his family and is in need of help. Why would they bother to spend a penny on their parents who'd spent their whole lives working for their children's well-being? Why would they care for their parents in their old age when they can distance themselves from them and be more comfortable in their rich lives of latest techs and social circles without that burden?
I have anger-management problems. The slightest word sets a fire inside me I can't control. I admit I feel too much; I know I think a lot.
The cure? How do I fix myself? I can't change the people around me, I realize that. The only one affected and even hurt by my behavior is me.
I need to become passive, neutral towards everything and everyone. To not let things affect me to my very core would be a solution.
But then, by doing that, I become like them. I lose my humanity.
© Copyright 2012 The Mockingbird (mockinbird at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1840723-Anger-management