*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1840885-Character-Sketch-Angela
Rated: E · Assignment · Other · #1840885
Character sketch for Angela Camarella.
** Image ID #1840800 Unavailable **




Character Sketch:



Name: Angela Emma Fauri

Age: 26

Location: Bresimo, Italy. (A small village in the mountains)

Family History: The oldest of four children in a farming family.

Career aspirations: Has no specific aspirations, wants to carry on as her life has been. Looks forward to someday marrying a man she loves. She is happy working the farm and orchards on her mountain.

Race: Caucasian

Features: Pretty, attractive, physically strong.

Appearance: A woman of simple, unadorned beauty. Still single, unusual for the time and place. Long, dark wavy hair. Full lips, dark eyes. Pleasant expression.

Likes: Loves the land, the valley where she lives brings her comfort. Home. Family. She considers the place where she lives as "her mountain."

Dislikes: Being told what she must do. Having to fulfill expectations that are not her own.

Physical condition: Farm work has made her strong, but she has remained well-proportioned and feminine.

Ailments: She suffers from undiagnosed depression.

Education: She has gone to the equivalent of the 6th grade. Her basic education was handled by her mother; cooking, raising children, taking care of the home/farm.

Socioeconomic background: member of a family considered low to middle-income. They own land and a small apple orchard.

Parents: Father: Giuseppi Fauri. Mother: Georgina (Forelli) Camarella

Siblings: Two younger sisters, one younger brother.

Ambition: To someday run the family farm, marry when she finds love.

Hobbies: she loves nature, taking long walks through the valley and mountains, church activities.

Significant Others: She has a childhood sweetheart. Their marriage was prevented because he was promised to another. She learns to hate the custom because of this and refuses to take part. She will marry only if she loves the man, and only if she chooses.

Intelligence: She can cook basic foods, but has chosen working the land instead of the customary domestic chores. Can read but doesn't get a chance to read often. Common sense is her strong suit.

Emotional Stability: She is fiercely independent, suffers occasional bouts of depression. Daydreams often.

Flaws: Bouts of depression. A lack of friends outside of her family.

Other Traits: At 26, it is unusual for a woman to be single. Some think that maybe there is something wrong with her because of that. Very demonstrative expressions when she talks, especially if she is passionate about the subject.

Pivotal events in life: Losing her childhood sweetheart to another. Meeting the man who will become her husband after WW I. Her husband immigrating to America. W.W.II.

Favorite foods: Pasta, polenta, rabbit, risotto, desserts of all kinds.

Favorite music: old Italian love songs.

Favorite reading material: occasionally reads the newspaper, sometimes a book, occasionally reads the bible. Does not have access to many books.

Religion: Catholic. Has very strong religious beliefs.

Personality: Reserved and independent, but friendly and trusting.

Habits: daydreams a lot. Loves to take long walks, infatuated with nature.

Favorite thing to do: walk in the valley and the mountains, sit by the river, mealtime with her family.

Comfort level with opposite sex: Tentative. Has not had much experience.

Things he/she takes pride in: her garden, running the farm, being able to handle duties usually thought of as men's work.

Things that bother him/her: being pushed to do things she doesn't want to do. Having people treat her as a weak woman.

Things that make him/her laugh: little children.

Speech patterns: she speaks quickly, uses her hands, talks loudly when excited, becomes quiet and introverted when bothered by something.





Prose Synopsis of the Central Character:

Angela is 5'5" tall, about 145 pounds. She has piercing, dark brown eyes. Her hair is fine, wavy, and long. She smiles easily, has an outgoing, friendly demeanor, and is devoutly Catholic. She has a connection with the surrounding land. She considers the valley where she live to be her home. She takes long walks in the valley and along the Fume River. Loves to sit and daydream about many things. She is very independent and strong willed. She works her family's farm and prides herself on being able to handle any chore. She loves her family, but favors her father. She is single, but dreams of the day when she'll be married and have children of her own, but insists that she will pick her own husband instead of adhering to the custom of a father picking a husband for her. She has an unusual love of nature and is attuned to her surroundings. If she lived in modern day she would easily identify with staunch environmentalists. She is very expressive and demonstrative when she talks about something she is passionate about. Her smile can quickly turn to a frown when she is unhappy.



© Copyright 2012 Bikerider (bikerider at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1840885-Character-Sketch-Angela