*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1841448-magic-realized-10-13-in-progress
Rated: ASR · Chapter · Fantasy · #1841448
story of two girls and their magic teachers, in an adventure. (some blood) ch 10-13
Warning Rated ASL because of blood, it’s not bad just don't want to offend anyone. this is the ch 10-13 version, groups of chapters are located in my portfolio read in order please. thanks again for the read, please comment i would really appreciate it.

In progress and will change.




Chapter 10
Justin

“I guess she isn’t showing up.” I stated as I checked my watch. Just a little after six thirty. The fire crackled as the crickets chirped.
“I guess we can start and if she shows up she can just jump in.” Kyra said, sounding a little disappointed.
I tossed a couple of large logs onto the fire, ember and smoke swirled up into the starlit sky.
“Retta aus bjarg yfir hiti” I commanded, the sapphire rose from its box and floated above the fire, it lowered. The sapphire sat just within the flames.
“Start the wiccan rede.” I said as I funneled in a small, steady stream of magic into the sapphire. Trilly and Kyra held their hands out to their sides and looked up, I followed.

“Bide within the Law you must, in perfect Love and perfect Trust.
Live you must and let to live, fairly take and fairly give.

For tread the Circle thrice about to keep unwelcome spirits out.
To bind the spell well every time, let the spell be said in rhyme.”

Light of eye and soft of touch, speak you little, listen much.
Honor the Old Ones in deed and name,
let love and light be our guides again.”
We said in unison, a barrier of light formed around us blocking out the sound of the crickets. A small light formed above the fire and sapphire, the light started to grow until it was the size of a women.

“Deosil go by the waxing moon, chanting out the joyful tune.
Widdershins go when the moon doth wane,
and the werewolf howls by the dread wolfsbane.

When the Lady's moon is new, kiss the hand to Her times two.
When the moon rides at Her peak then your heart's desire seek.

Heed the North winds mighty gale, lock the door and trim the sail.
When the Wind blows from the East, expect the new and set the feast.

When the wind comes from the South, love will kiss you on the mouth.
When the wind whispers from the West, all hearts will find peace and rest.”
The sound of wind howling broke through the barrier.

“Nine woods in the Cauldron go, burn them fast and burn them slow.
Birch in the fire goes to represent what the Lady knows.

Oak in the forest towers with might, in the fire it brings the God's
insight. Rowan is a tree of power causing life and magick to flower.

Willows at the waterside stand ready to help us to the Summerland.
Hawthorn is burned to purify and to draw faerie to your eye.

Hazel-the tree of wisdom and learning adds its strength to the bright fire burning.
White are the flowers of Apple tree that brings us fruits of fertility.

Grapes grow upon the vine giving us both joy and wine.
Fir does mark the evergreen to represent immortality seen.

Elder is the Lady's tree burn it not or cursed you'll be.
Four times the Major Sabbats mark in the light and in the dark.”
The smell of the woods surrounded the fire engulfing the sense of smell.

“As the old year starts to wane the new begins, it's now Samhain.
When the time for Imbolc shows watch for flowers through the snows.

When the wheel begins to turn soon the Beltane fires will burn.
As the wheel turns to Lamas night power is brought to magick rite.

Four times the Minor Sabbats fall use the Sun to mark them all.
When the wheel has turned to Yule light the log the Horned One rules.

In the spring, when night equals day time for Ostara to come our way.
When the Sun has reached it's height time for Oak and Holly to fight.

Harvesting comes to one and all when the Autumn Equinox does fall.
Heed the flower, bush, and tree by the Lady blessed you'll be.

Where the rippling waters go cast a stone, the truth you'll know.
When you have and hold a need, harken not to others greed.

With a fool no season spend or be counted as his friend.
Merry Meet and Merry Part bright the cheeks and warm the heart.

Mind the Three-fold Laws you should three times bad and three times good.
When misfortune is enow wear the star upon your brow.

Be true in love this you must do unless your love is false to you.

As we finished the rede the wind died down and the barrier faded away into the night. The sapphire stone started to glow, the light changed from a slight red to a bright blue.
As the light evened out, the light above it started to fade, as it lessened the figure of an old women was visible. She turned her gaze to me before she disappeared.
When the women disappeared so did the light to the sapphire. Extinguishing the stream of magic I was sending to it the stone started to float to me.
“Who is doing that?” I asked startled both the girls were shaking their heads. I reached out my hands as the star started to descend.
It landed in my hands, as it made contact it felt cold but with an inner warmness. Looking into the center of the crystal, the shape of a white star crisscrossed the center of the sapphire.
A star sapphire, my heart stopped I remembered a kiddy rhyme from on old book I used to read.
On the four equinoxes
The goddess shall nock
If a star forms at no cost
A life may be lost
Submerging my entire being into my magic, I sent tentacles in every direction in search of Tera.
“Do you know where she is!” I yelled as I searched the city, I couldn’t find her.
“I think she said something about Joe’s pizza.” Kyra said. “Why, what’s going on?”
“Star sapphire.” I said as I sent a tentacle to search around the pizza place. Nothing, where is she?
My triquetra necklace burned red hot, I saw Kyra reach up to her necklace.
“Tera!” she yelled as she started crying.
“find the missing, find the dead. Souls gone and souls shed, take us there from this point on. a soul endangered before its gone.” Kyra chanted using the bond she had as a sister the spell found its mark.
We started to dissolve the fire seemed to dim.
“Trilly stay here in case she comes back.”
“Ok.” She said as she disconnected herself from the spell.
As soon as she did the world moved, instead of dirt under my feet I could feel concrete through my shoes. Light popped back into my vision, and Kyra appeared next to me.
We were standing a couple of blocks from the restaurant.
“Where is she?” Kyra asked, her voice still shaky. Looking around I didn’t see her but I could still smell her perfume, I sent a dome of magic throughout the area, I still couldn’t find her.
Looking down I saw fresh blood smeared all over, there was a distinct path of blood heading toward the house to my right, I could see blood smeared on the grass.
“Tera where are you?” I projected into the house, a faint rustle of a familiar mind reverberated from within house.
Running to the front door I threw it open a ball of magic swerved to the right of me as my protection symbols started to draw on my energy.
The ball of magic struck the wall igniting the house into a quick blaze.
“fjuka!” I yelled, casting it at the only person I could see in the room. They rose up and slammed into the ceiling falling with a thud they didn’t stand back up.
The sound of people running from upstairs met my ears, I sent a tentacle up into the upstairs and felt three magicians coming toward the stairs, I couldn’t fell Terra.
“heat and expand, turn this house into sand!” I bellowed pushing a large amount of energy into the house. The fire next to me extinguished as my magic took hold
The upstairs was the first to crumble, I heard the sound of people yelling and then a thud as they smacked the ground hard.
I fell to my knee from the amount of magic that was need for the spell as sand started to fall around me.
Kyra grabbed my shoulder funneling in energy.
“There she is!” Kyra yelled pointing at the closet door that had started to turn into sand. Tera was just barely visible through the newly formed holes as they crumbled into sand.
I sent a tentacle of magic through the door and wrapped her up in it, shielding her from falling objects. Pulling the tentacle and Tera to my side, I pulled her out of the house.
“Watch out.” Kyra yelled as she threw up a protection bubble around us. The ground shook as the magic collided with the bubble. The shield wavered and died. Kyra passed out from the amount of energy needed for the spell.
Looking up, the magestry was standing in the street, Alexus was the only one without their hood on.
She sneered.
“Did you actually think you could get away from us, we are one and we are many.” She yelled as she threw a flaming orb in our direction.
“Slokkva.” I yelled extinguishing the orb before the fire expanded outward.
“I see your magic is waning.” She jeered sending two more flaming orbs.
Repeating the command, the orbs extinguished, but not entirely, small flames licked the wet grass before dying out.
“We are almost done here, once we get rid of you three all that’s left is that fat slob Trilly a…”
“Leave her out of this, she has nothing to do with us, she only helps us out.” I yelled.
“All that matters is she knows you and she is a mage with some powers.” The group behind her reached out and grabbed their hands. Alexus reached behind and grabbed the tallest members hand.
They started chanting in language that seemed to enter my ears then leave, I couldn’t keep track or remember anything that they said, what are they doing?
“verja eda, flytja.” Protect and remove I Started chanting forcing the spell into a stream condensing in front of me, the ball started glowing a waxy shade of yellow.
Alexus held her open hand out, blue lightening arched toward us. Doing the same I cast my spell toward the magestry, the spells collided with a jarring scream, my steady straight beam and their jagged lightening.
Car alarms and shattering windows sounded in the background almost shrouded out by the scream of the spells.
My power was running out, the spell shrank causing the center of the two spells to glide toward us.
No I thought, forcing everything I had into the spell, the lightening continued to crawl toward me.
not now the girls haven’t had but a blink of life. Looking down I could see the girls start to stir.
“No, NO NOOOOO!” I bellowed sending a surge of energy through my spell. When the surge struck the center of the spells they disappeared.
“Do you want to know why the mages of old feared us mirrors?” I yelled enjoying the surprise faces that showed from under the hood.
“How did you do that?” questioned Alexus
“No, I’m done dealing with you. You have endangered my family and now my friends. Your life as the magestry is over.”
“You think so?” Alexus yelled and cast another bolt of lightning toward me.
Clear your mind, empty your thoughts I commanded my mind.
The power you search for is there
As I thought the last statement, I felt the laws of magic twist, the air around me boiled. As the lightning struck me in my chest, as it hit it disintegrated. The light of my magic beneath my skin began to glow.
Light flooded the area until everything within the mile was washed in a blue light. Looking down at my body I couldn’t see through the light, all there was a light the shape of a body underneath me.
Feeling the magic course through every fiber of my being I turned my gaze to the magestry who again looked scared and afraid.
The air around them started to swirl as they tried to teleport themselves. No I thought, leaving spells behind I commanded through my magic that they stay.
The air around them condensed and their figures didn’t move.
“How are you doing this?” she yelled terrified.
“I told you, your life ends now or at least your magical life.” Sending a command through my magic, ten balls of black magic popped out of the hooded figures and condensed into a large single orb. The orb hovered above the group before shifting its mass to the area above me.
“skipta.” I said commanding the ball to change, it morphed and shrunk the outer shell bubbling. It continued to shink until it was the size of a necklace then it shaped itself into a black winged skull with a chain.
“The magestry held their hands out and said something I couldn’t hear, nothing happened.
“No.” they yelled. Casting my hand out I sent them to the magical prison. The air around them condensed and they disappeared.
Glancing around the neighborhood there were a few people staring at me, cars were overturned, windows blown out of houses.
“Rettligr, flytja eda hugr.” I said softly ,correct, erase the thought, sending out with it a mental picture of what I wanted to happen. Cars floated into their original place, glass flew back up into its normal position melting the seams into a perfect copy.
People’s eyes rolled back into their heads as they walked back inside, shaking their heads as they tried to remember why they had walked outside.
The sand pit behind me started swirling back into the shape of the house. I reached down and picked the girls up slinging them over both my shoulders. The light from my skin fading into nothing the blackness of the night returned.
I put the skull necklace into my pocked.
Using the last bit of energy I had I forced us through the vacuum of darkness and into our house. all the lights where off as I put the girls in their beds, walking back downstairs I could see the silhouette of Trilly on the couch, her head rested in hands. She must have fallen asleep waiting for Tera, boy did she miss a lot. Walking into the kitchen, I flicked the light on and sat at the table.
I rested my head on my hands and started to cry, what was I going to do, there are always people out there trying to kill the girls, trying to take their powers. I cant be there every time, I almost lost them
I can’t take it anymore, what can I do to protect them.
“Nothing, there is nothing you can do to protect them especially from me.” The sound came from behind me. Standing up I turned toward the sound, before I completed the revolution my hands and legs snapped together and I slammed into the wall.
I tried pushing myself away from the wall but couldn’t move any part of my body. I tried saying a spell but couldn’t move my mouth.
The man across the table just grinned.
“We both know that even if you were able to talk you don’t have enough power to put fire to a candle wick.”
I could see Trilly still sleeping on the couch, if only I could get her to wake up.
“I wouldn’t worry about her she is in a sleep spell.” The man said his voice spiking a little higher in excitement.”
Reaching out with my mind I was startled to find it too was locked inside.
“Could you quit trying to communicate with anybody, I’ve got you tied to a complete binding spell, you can’t even think a thing without me knowing everything.
What, why?
“Because as you said before I want their powers just like I want yours but the art of absorbing powers is actually much different than most tend to believe.”
What about my protection spells around the house
“Childs play, you see there were two branches of mirrors back In the day, the casters and balancers. The casters are ones like yourself who have the ability to control magic while the balancers where are like me, who have the ability to nullify almost any spell.
How are you holding me then
“enchanted objects, the same spell that binds you just needs to be called out of the object. Enough of this right now I’ve got to take your shape.”
What
“Oh, I almost don’t care enough to explain, proper power absorption must be done on the correct night of the month during the new moon.”
He walked up to me and pulled the necklace out of my pocket.
Pulling a shiny metal orb out of his pocket he cracked it open, fine powder flowed out and surrounded him, the powder settled on top of his skin and sank in. his skin blurred, when it then the sharp angles returned I was looking at myself.
“Good, right? Never mind you’re a little tied up at the moment.”
Now down to the caves with you we have fifteen days before the next new moon.
The air around me started to hum, the man in front of me dissolved, as did the walls. What replaced it wasn’t as comforting as the kitchen, bars surrounded me. I could see a the cave walls, moss crawled from the top of the cave, a fire burned in the far corner.
A person sat in front of the fire, the light kept any discernable features hidden. It was then that I noticed the binding spell had been removed.
“Where am i?” I angrily yelled across the room at the figure beside the fire.
They didn’t respond, just stood up and walked out the dark chamber to his right.
“Where are you going?” I yelled at him, the sound reflected against the walls.
How am I going to get out of here? What about the girls?
© Copyright 2012 chefcolby (chefcolby at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1841448-magic-realized-10-13-in-progress