*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1841467-The-Hidden-Side
by Milo
Rated: ASR · Prose · Horror/Scary · #1841467
During the day and during the night, old cinemas have very different personas
         It is day at the movie theatre.
         The staccato of bursting popcorn crackles in the air, while its delicious, buttery scent wafts around, tickling the nose with an oily sensation. People chatter amiably in the warm light of the lobby as they drink in the mouth-watering aroma. Laughter spills through open doors into the street and floats up amid the fluorescent signs of the outside.  Contentment is almost tangible.
         But slowly the cheery customers depart; the comforting lights begin to dim.
         And the theatre comes alive.
         In the darkness, the walls begin creaky, whispered conversations, their ghostly murmurs floating chillingly through the air. Dim lights cause unearthly shadows to dance weirdly on the towering, lifeless walls, while air that was once still, inexplicably stirs. It drifts silently along the ground, sinuously encircling your feet and wrapping you in its cold embrace. It brushes your skin gently, caressing your face in a way that seems almost loving. Almost. This haunting wind follows you through the ancient building, stalking you, continuing to entangle you in its wraithlike tendrils, while the dense carpet catches your shoes, causing dull thuds to sound from behind you as ethereal echoes awake. The only other sound is the haunted dialogue of the walls and the faint, spectral whispers of the phantasmal breeze.
         Such is night at the theatre.
© Copyright 2012 Milo (milocarbol at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1841467-The-Hidden-Side