*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1841493-Introduction-to-the-Insane
Rated: 18+ · Monologue · Writing · #1841493
This is an intro. to my style of writing, I'm very new and just looking for some feedback.
I don't know how my brain works... I know for a fact I'm insane (self diagnosed) that alone should tell you that it's true.  I know I'm insane by the looks I receive from people when I try to explain how my brain works... I can't do it... So i figured the only way they may ever know is to read my writing (ranting) I aspire to be a writer but all I can see from these writings and "stories" I'm telling are just the rantings of an obviously mentally unstable person... Of course we are all insane in our own way, there isn't a single sane person on this planet guarenteed.  It just depends on to what extent they are crazy... Take me for example... well actually let's not go there, I don't think you are quite ready for it...
Ok even though I just said to not take me for an example, in doing so, I have given you a great example. I also proved another point in the fact that I won't be a writer, I'm terrible at it, in the book sense anyway... I never went to school for it, didn't take any classes, never excelled in English class, or showed the teachers I had a knack for writing.  I'm not naturally gifted at it, it's just something I picked up recently, I just started pouring all the stuff from my head and threw it on the page. Sometimes I even had to slow down because my fingers aren't fast enough to type all the crap my brain is coming up with. That is the only way I think people will be able to understand my brain, just put it out there for the world to see.  It's pretty obvious I never went to school for it in the fact that right now, I am adressing you, the audience (yes you, the one reading this right now, probably in bed, or on the couch or for all you tech savvy people it's probably on your iPad or Kindle). Scary right? it's like i'm inside your head! (well now you know how I feel all the time!) anyway... I was trying to make a point... oh yea! So this is a definite litterary "no-no" not only am I talking to the audience directly, I use paranthasis way too much (thses are actually just my side notes, what I'm thinking inside my head when I'm writing) it's nice because then you get a peek into my mind. Then you can come up with your own judgement, am I normal? sane? is my brain so much different than yours? Do I think in different ways than you? I'm actually really curious, becuase, like I said, I'm pretty sure I'm not right in the head. I am happy, however, I don't think you need to be sane to be happy in this life, hell you actually have to be a little crazy just to cope with life.  Everybody is crazy, I'll say it again, but are they as crazy as me? or am I a somewhat sane person? Maybe someday I will figure it out, or maybe after you get done reading this you could tell me that I am not insane and that my rantings and ravings are some what "normal". Maybe you will tell me that this is not just a waste of time, that I may actually be  naturally gifted at writing. Maybe you will tell me that this style of writing is unprecidented, and that it is a whole new way of looking at things. Maybe you actually enjoy my style of writing, and maybe you aren't the only one... maybe everybody that reads my writings will like it (doubtful) because it is different, and they can relate, and that the way I talk and think actually makes sense to them (even though it barely makes sense to me...) Maybe I will get big for this, maybe scholars and teachers will like it too, they can use my stories and writings in their class because it speaks to kids. (That is a lot of "maybes") They will write books about my books, my writings will become a new style, and it will go down in history. I may not be very educated in English and the history of writing, but I'm pretty sure nobody else writes like me... And I don't really know if that's a good thing. I could be the next big thing, coming up with my own unique style that will change the pages of your English textbooks... My style is unique and different, but is it also too different that nobody is going to take me seriously? Will all these writing's and ravings just going to sit as saved folders on my laptop...? Time will tell. Not only is this a new style of writing but it is a different way for writers to connect with their audience, get some feedback.  See if I can't connect with at least one person. If even one person tells me that my writing makes them want to read, or it changed their life, or even that they can relate to some of the things I write about this will all be worth it.  All of this that I am writing was made to be read, it was made for an audience, I am not writing for me anymore, I am writing for all those who don't write, for all those who feel they are the only one.  For everybody who feels crazy, or insane, or weird, or different. I'm here to tell you that you are, and that it is a wonderful thing.  I started writing because I couldn't keep it all in my head anymore, but now I continue writing for all those who I think can benifit from it.  I hope that I am right and that my writing does touch somebody, does affect them in a positive way, because then, in that moment, I will know that what I am doing is worthwhile, that what I am writing does make a difference.  So that there can be some justification for my insanity, some benefits.  Good things can come from my crazy, messed up brain, and so even though I might not know how it works, I will know that it does work. 

Can't wait to hear your response, because I openly ask each and every one of you to personally tell me how you feel about my stories/writings. I want every one who reads this all the way through to send me a letter, or email and let me know what you thought of my writings... I really need to come up with a better word/name for whatever the hell it is I am writing here... it sure as hell isn't a book...Short stories? sure, that will do for now... I hope you enjoy these short stories, these small glimpses into my brain. Good luck, you may need it on this journey...
© Copyright 2012 Purpose In Pain (purposeinpain at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1841493-Introduction-to-the-Insane