*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1841596-Help-needed-Helix-end-chapter-two
Rated: E · Sample · Fantasy · #1841596
This is the end of my second chapter for Helix.
I have this idea for the ending of my second chapter, but I am very unsure of it. I need advice.

  “You powerless, pathetic child. You know nothing of what it takes to rule our people. Do you think I kept you from training all this time to have you take over. Foolish. I know you will fail tomorrow and then I will be the one to lead. You have little power. You are unskilled and untrained. Did you really think nice words and a beautiful face would stop the council from handing Helix back to me. In a short time they will see what I know, and I will replace you as well.”

  He is so full of himself. He is so sure I can't prove my self. Lets leave it that way for now, his mind will change by the end of the night.

  “You could be right uncle. Do you mind taking your hand off from around my arm? I never meant to anger you. I spoke harshly before, I apologist. I was wondering if during the party tonight we could go for a walk and talk about my father?”

  He looks at me puzzled. That look start to change to anger.

  “What about your father?”

  “It would be nice to hear about him. I don't think we have ever talked about him. You are his brother, you know more about him then anyone.”

  His face relaxes, taking some of the wrinklies out of it. He believes me, and that's all I need.

  “Why at the party? Why not now?”

  “I have to go and get ready.”

  “As you like, but we wont speak of your father's death. I have no interest in that.”

  “Not at all. See you at the party uncle.”

  Walking to my room my anticipation starts to bubble over. Jessie will meat me in my room. It was my father's and mother's room. I can remember going into their room at night after having a bad dream. My surroundings dark and daunting. I felt like the shadows would reach out and grab me. Pull me away to some far away evil place. I would stand in the door way silently watching them sleep. My father would wake up and motion for me to come over. Climbing into bed with them felt worm and safe. Like nothing could hurt me. I would snuggle in between them. The soft blanket soothing as my father would sing me a lullaby.

  The new world awaits
tomorrow a brand new day
but tonight I walk
with you in my thoughts
The moon hangs high
the stars how they shine
on this perfect cloudless night
Now close your eyes
imagine the outside
not a shadow in site
listen to my voice
know you are safe
one day I will take you
to see this place

  I would fall asleep instantly every time. I find it comforting to sleep in their room. To snuggle up with their blanket. I feel like they are there with me, holding me. If I can't fall asleep I sing my lullaby. He wrote that just for me, when I was only two months old. My father spent a lot of time out side, it was his way of telling me what he could see.
© Copyright 2012 ArtfulHelix (artfulhelix at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1841596-Help-needed-Helix-end-chapter-two