*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1841656-Winter-Alaska-vs-Washington
by Chasen
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1841656
The difference between these two states when it come the cold season of winter
Most of us know the difference between a bad winter and a good one. Here in Seattle, if there's snow, then its automatically a bad winter. I lived in Anchorage, Alaska for a good six years and the winters were always brutally. Snow everyday, icy streets, unwalkable sidewalks and who can forget the bone chilling temperatures. For the people in Alaska though, that was nothing but if that kind of punishment was to happen today in Seattle, the whole city would be in a complete panic. Wish I was joking.

For the last five days it has been snowing nonstop and the city has shut down most of the schools, workplaces are closing for the day and major panic is spreading throughout the city like wildfire. Whenever i flip on the news all I see is constant complaining about the snow and how driving conditions are impossible. Ive been in Seattle for about five months now and I learned that the drivers here are pretty aggresive and most of them are not so good at driving either. Add a little bit of snow and ice and you have hell loose on the streets.

As a high school student I officialy love the snow. It has shut down my school for about three days now and may continue on for awhile. Im also not hating on Seattle about the snow issue, I just think people need to relax and overcome their fear of the snow.

Thank you for reading this short little opinion piece, I would love to get feedback about the piece and tips for writing since this is my first piece on this website. Thanks again!
© Copyright 2012 Chasen (chasen18 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1841656-Winter-Alaska-vs-Washington