*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1842143-City-Hall-An-Autobiography-Chapter-8
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Paul
Rated: ASR · Other · Comedy · #1842143
Jake goes to Montreal.
Another fine fall day in Toronto, and meanwhile at City Hall...

Judy, James and Jannet were in the office early this morning. Well, Judy is always early. On this morning, they were working on a very special project. They were setting up James' and Jannets' desks. Yes, those two, now that they have been hired will have their own cubes in my office. I hope they don't forget who is in charge around there.

The desks and computers were already there. We have "special people" who set up those things. As we all know, we are all incapable of setting up desks and computers, so we have to pay "special people" to do this stuff for us.

Those buggers got brand new computers! I have been working for the mayor for years, where is my new computer?

James was walking around with this huge nerdy smile. He was so full of himself. As if to say "Ha ha, I have a new desk, I have a new computer, and you don't". Screw you.

Jannet was crawling around under her desk for some reason. Her feet were sticking out. Judy was carrying a box of papers for James' desk. As she was trying to squeeze by all the mess, she tripped over Jannet, and the box of papers went across the floor. Oh yeah, you saw that coming around the corner, didn't you?

Meanwhile in Montreal...

It was very early in the morning, just past six o'clock. The bus had pulled into the terminal over two hours ago, but everything was closed. I couldn't even check into the hostel.

Coach Jeremy was sending me to Club de Boxe Underdog. Nine Rue Ste-Catherine Est.

In English language that means, 'Underdog Boxing Club at Nine St. Catherine Street East.' That is right downtown, or should I say 'Centre-ville.'

I guess the best way to get there is by Metro, but I should check into the hostel first.

It has been a while, but if I remember it is three blocks east of the bus terminal. That's, 'Est de la gare routière.'

Hey, I am going to be here for a while. I may as well try to fit in. I may as well try to 'Parlez-vous français'.

I found the Alexandria-Montreal. It is a nice place, close to center-ville, but a fairly quiet street for so close to downtown.

I am renting a male dorm on the third floor. Fortunately, this time of year, it will not be too full. I remember when coming in the summers, this dorm was full. I had to sleep in a top bunk. That is OK when you are in your 20s, but at 38, I don't see myself doing that. I'm not going to stick by ass in some young guy's face. That is somewhat gay. I am glad there are plenty of lower bunks available.

I dropped my two bags of unfolded clothes, bathroom stuff, and gym gear onto the first lower bunk I could find which just happened to be between the door and window.

It was getting cold outside. Montreal is very cold this time of year. I am glad this place is well heated.

I wanted to get over to the gym right away, so I just left everything and took off.

I headed to Berri-UQAM Metro station to head over to Underdog. That is near Boulevard Ste-Laurent. That means I need to go to Ste-Laurent Metro station. Wow, that's difficult.

One thing I really appreciate about the STM, that is Société de Transport de Montréal, there are hardly any delays. Well, anything is better than the TTC. TTC means Take The Car.

I was walking from Ste-Laurant station to Underdog, and realized that Jeremy did not tell me the name of the coach at this place. Shit. Who do I ask for?

The Underdog Gym is located on the second floor. I entered, and walked up the creaky stairs. This reminds me of the stairs in my apartment.

Upon entering the gym, I noticed the nice layout. Two rings, lots of bags, and an office in the back. Wow, the coach has an office! That would make Jeremy jealous.

I started looking around, and someone came out from the office, a man about my age. "Bonjour. Comment puis-je aider? Voulez-vous regarder autour?"

He seemed really friendly, so I replied,"Oui. Coach Jeremy dans Toronto m'a envoyé pour te parler."

Suddenly, a big smile appered on his face, "Ah, oui, oui, Coach Jeremy! Etes-vous Jake?"

"Oui", I said happily, "Je n'ai pas mon matériel aujourd'hui. Quand puis-je commencer?"

"Demain?", the coach questioned.

"Oui. Bonne.", I said.

"Mon nom est Jim.", Coach Jim said.

"Je suis impatient de travailler avec vous.", I said with a smile, "Bonjour."

Jim waved, "Bonjour."

I exited the gym, quite happy. This coach seemed very cool. Of course, I had not started working with him, yet.


TO BE CONTINUED...
© Copyright 2012 Paul (paulbrec at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1842143-City-Hall-An-Autobiography-Chapter-8