*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1842227-In-The-Dark
by Chloe
Rated: E · Sample · Dark · #1842227
I was worried. I didn't know what was going on.
I looked around. All I could see was black.
There was nothing in sight. Everything was so dark it prevented me from seeing. And, because it was dark, I was worried. Not because I'm afraid of the dark, but because I didn't know what was going on. Was there someone there, next to me? I could hear someone breathing, and I could feel it on the back of my neck. It felt cold; shivers ran down my spine. I called out, but no one answered.
I felt trapped-was I trapped? I couldn't see the walls, but it felt like they were closing in around me. I dug my fingernails into my palm, hard enough for it to hurt. But I didn't care. Feeling pain that I gave myself on purpose was better than feeling pain that someone or something else that someone gave to me, probably on purpose.
I've never been so terrifies in my life. The worst part was that I had no idea what was going on, how I got into this positon, and how long I'll be in this position. My head hurt a little, and I raised my hand to my temple. It was wet. I quickly moved my hand away, and put it right infront of my eyes. I still struggled to see it, but I guessed it was my blood. Oh God, just the thought of me bleeding made me go dizzy. I hate blood, and I try to avoid it as much as possible.
I took a step back, and my back hit a wall. It was hard and cold. I slowly sank down against it until I felt a hard floor under me. I sat down, my hands searching as I did incase there were something sharp and dangorous around. It seemed safe. My head leaned back, banging against the wall. Now my head hurt even more. My stomach rumbled, and I knew I was dehydrated. My lips were dry. When was the last time I had a drink?
Then I realized that I couldn't remember anything. Not a thing. I couldn't remember the past seventy-two hours of my life. Who was I with? Where was I? I was scared before: now I'm hypervenalating. I felt myself shake, partly because I'm freezing cold, and I was shaking with fear. My breathing turned into panting.
Was there anyone looking for me? Does anyone know who I was?
Footsteps. I heard footsteps.
I looked around with panic, but I still couldn't see. I called out again, and there was still no answer. But the sound of footsteps never stopped. But they were getting louder. Someone's getting nearer.
Since I had no idea where to run, I just curled myself up into a ball with my head down. If it's someone who's after me, then please don't let them find me. If it's someone here to find me, then please let them find me.
The footsteps stopped, as did my breathing.
I heard a door creak open, and my hands tightened around my knees.
Then, there was a bright light, as a door opened right infront of me. There was a someone standing there, but I couldn't see who. They walked towards me slowly without a word.
I then noticed that the person was holding something long, and straight. It looked like a knife.
I closed my eyes, praying silently to myself.
© Copyright 2012 Chloe (flosy1996 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1842227-In-The-Dark